PDA

View Full Version : Nix and Marrone talk about the Manuel Pick

swiper
04-26-2013, 04:50 AM
http://www.wkbw.com/sports/buffalo-bills/Bills-Nix-Marrone-talk-about-addition-of-EJ-Manuel-204794771.html

Exerpt...

Q: When were you guys sold on him as your top quarterback on the board?

BN: Well it was when we finished the process. We did not…we wanted to see everybody in the same situation. Bringing them (in), talking to them and going over it. We did not make a decision until after we finished the last visit with the quarterbacks.

Q: How much did you like the idea of having a quarterback who is a true threat in the zone option play?

BN: I do not think that the NFL is going to get to be an option league. I think this thing is going to be something you use some, but I do like the idea that he could do it if you wanted to. Now I do not see, Doug (Marrone) will be in here in a minute and you can ask him, but this guy…if you can get a guy that can take you either way it is a good thing.

Q: On the trade down, were you comfortable that Manuel would still be there? Was there a point where you said, ‘OK, we are all set’?

BN: We all knew who needed quarterbacks. When we passed that, we felt like we had a shot. The last one was, what, Arizona that was probably tempted to take a quarterback.

Q: How many calls were you taking at the time of the number eight pick?

BN: We took a lot. We even took some as far as moving from 16. I got a little nervous about moving any much further down.

Q: Were you temped to move down?

BN: Well we talked about it. If that is tempted, we talked about it. (Laughs)

coastal
04-26-2013, 06:10 AM
So they could have moved down more and chickened out?

ok... that's not cool.