PDA

View Full Version : Sounds Like The Bills Targeted Manuel In January

Night Train
04-26-2013, 09:31 AM
Listening to Manuel, he said the Bills were all over him at the Senior Bowl and told his agent back then he believed the Bills were going to pick him after speaking with Marrone and Hackett. Said he thought " I knew it " when the Bills called last night. His excitement was genuine. In his mind, he wanted to come here. It helped that he had a great Senior Bowl week and was MVP of the game.

Bills checked out everyone else but once I read only Whaley attended USC's pro day, my thought was Barkley was an afterthought and Robert Woods & others were the real reason he was there.

Meanwhile, many narrowed their focus to other name guys the Bills didn't like at all and now hate the pick. So be it.

Question. Why are all the other QB's still available ? This guy needs work but the other NFL teams feel the rest must need a better skill set and actual talent.

Minotaur95
04-26-2013, 11:09 AM
Is it possible he would have said the same if Philly had picked him? I heard he visited them several times.

As to your question, I can only HOPE the Bills saw something others didn't. The skeptical side of me (given the Bills' history) says that the Bills might have been smoking something. Only time will tell.