PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Geno and EJ

Cali512
04-26-2013, 11:24 AM
Geno since the season ended has done absolutly nothing. Hasnt tried at all, skipped passing at the combine and senior bowl bc he thought if he played in them he would be exposed and hurt his draft stock. Showed complete cockiness and totally doesnt seem to have a good head on his shoulders. I remember seeing him and hes just one of the most bland people in the world. Someone that when he ****s up will fall in his shell. He reminds me of Akili part 2. But i think Akili was more likeable

EJ since the season ended has done everything possible to prove himself. He played in the senior bowl, did all combine workouts, and hes been amazing in interviews. He has a genuine love for football and life. Shows gratitude and seems to wanna get better and not be content with where hes at.

Honestly i think it was between these 2 and i think since EJs been rising and doing everything he could. Even tho EJs stats were worse, i think that was the only thing seperating them in alot of teams eyes when it came to on field ability. But EJ comes with personality, leadership, and work ethic.

trapezeus
04-26-2013, 11:33 AM
ej has bowl wins too. so he has had some success in big games. maybe lost more against top 25 than won, but geno was terrible against even mediocre defenses.

The King
04-26-2013, 11:37 AM
Geno has lost all confidence, every presser I saw from the kid he talked about his weaknesses and his desire to get better. He never spoke like a guy who was going to come out and win.

Cali512
04-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Geno has lost all confidence, every presser I saw from the kid he talked about his weaknesses and his desire to get better. He never spoke like a guy who was going to come out and win.

Ya but i get the impression he said things just to say them. I think he honestly thinks hes great but would tell people his weaknesses to not sound cocky. Usually when someone seems extremely one way, there usually trying to hide the opposite. I dont see him thinking hes bad and being serious bout his weaknesses, since he didnt go out to the senior bowl or throw at the combine. If he really did think he needed to get better and all, he wouldve put more work in. Either hes bluffing his cockiness, or hes not willing to get better. Either way one of those is on display

Mouldsie
04-26-2013, 12:34 PM
You sure know a lot about Geno Smith as a person.

Bill Cody
04-26-2013, 12:34 PM
I like Geno but you have to give Nix and crew some benefit of the doubt on this. They left no stone unturned in evaluating these QB's. Intangibles do matter especially at QB. A QB that comes in like a douche with an entitled attitude will have trouble leading- think JP. If Manuel comes in, keeps his head down and just works and works he'll be ready to perform when he's called on- and his team mates will be ready to follow.

imbondz
04-26-2013, 01:02 PM
I like Geno but you have to give Nix and crew some benefit of the doubt on this. They left no stone unturned in evaluating these QB's. Intangibles do matter especially at QB. A QB that comes in like a douche with an entitled attitude will have trouble leading- think JP. If Manuel comes in, keeps his head down and just works and works he'll be ready to perform when he's called on- and his team mates will be ready to follow.

You're asking us to give Nix the benefit of the doubt???

Cali512
04-26-2013, 01:49 PM
You sure know a lot about Geno Smith as a person.

Its not that, its just obvious. U have to know nothing about people to not see it.