PDA

View Full Version : E.J. Manuel gets early phone call meant for third pick Dion Jordan

BLeonard
04-26-2013, 11:25 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/sorry-wrong-number-e-j-manuel-gets-early-145113384.html

Manuel was taken offguard earlier in the night, however, when someone accidentally dialed a wrong number and gave him a slight rush of excitement over the possibility of top 5 money.

Here's what Manuel told the Dan Patrick Show on Friday (via the show's producer): E.J. Manuel said his green room hotline phone rang at pick 3. He got excited, then the voice asked if they could talk to Dion Jordan.

-Bill

trapezeus
04-26-2013, 11:39 AM
that's kind of brutal.

BLeonard
04-26-2013, 11:45 AM
that's kind of brutal.

Well, Manuel will have two times per season to show the Dolphins that passing on him was a mistake... Or, to prove them right by passing on him.

Which one it is remains to be seen.

-Bill

Cali512
04-26-2013, 01:53 PM
I am curious to see EJ vs Dion

- - - Updated - - -

But did he really think Miami was gonna get a QB lol

Skooby
04-26-2013, 01:54 PM
I think EJ would kick Dion's ***.

jills
04-26-2013, 01:56 PM
Another reason to be thankful with us, we were the only ones reaching for a QB.

Cali512
04-26-2013, 02:04 PM
Another reason to be thankful with us, we were the only ones reaching for a QB.

I think it was quite obvious that Manuel woulda been snatched up before the 2nd. There was alot of hype coming into the draft yesterday and i kept seeing his name. I honestly woulda been surprised if he made it to the 2nd. I think people are confusing reaching, with not getting the named guy. We didnt reach, we just didnt get the guy people expected. People say that he was a 3rd round pick blah blah. But Tavon Austin was a late 1st-2nd round pick untill the final 3 days before the draft. GMs fake **** to throw people off, i think he was high on everyones board they just wanted to see if hed fall. I think most teams expected Geno to be gone and were content when buffalo picked that theyd get Geno. But i think Manuel was at least 5-6 teams secret QB in the draft.

Joe Fo Sho
04-26-2013, 02:10 PM
At least he didn't get all butt hurt over it. Geno would've left Radio City Music Hall before Goodell announced the pick.

jills
04-26-2013, 02:42 PM
I think it was quite obvious that Manuel woulda been snatched up before the 2nd. There was alot of hype coming into the draft yesterday and i kept seeing his name. I honestly woulda been surprised if he made it to the 2nd. I think people are confusing reaching, with not getting the named guy. We didnt reach, we just didnt get the guy people expected. People say that he was a 3rd round pick blah blah. But Tavon Austin was a late 1st-2nd round pick untill the final 3 days before the draft. GMs fake **** to throw people off, i think he was high on everyones board they just wanted to see if hed fall. I think most teams expected Geno to be gone and were content when buffalo picked that theyd get Geno. But i think Manuel was at least 5-6 teams secret QB in the draft.

Woulda? Coulda? Shoulda? Not a single QB from this class was worth a 1st round, and what do we do? Reach for a QB in the 1st of course.

Cali512
04-26-2013, 03:04 PM
Woulda? Coulda? Shoulda? Not a single QB from this class was worth a 1st round, and what do we do? Reach for a QB in the 1st of course.

No, we got the guy we wanted that wouldnt of been there in the 2nd. Did you know that people REACHED on Pierre Paul? Ryan Tannehill? Julio Jones? JJ Watt? Its not reaching if u trade back and get the guy you were targeting all along. Thats smart no matter what, especially since he wouldnt of lasted