PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to see the Bills hedge their bets and...

JoeMama
04-26-2013, 12:01 PM
Take one more QB in this draft.

I was hoping we'd trade out of the 8th spot (happy draft day for me) so props to the Bills for not only for making it happen, but also for pulling down the Rams' collective pants in the process. We definitely got the better end of the deal.

I'm on the record of being a fan of how the Skins drafted RGIII and Kirk Cousins in the same draft. I'd like to see us do the same.

Plenty of QBs will be free falling.

I wouldn't be shocked if one of the "initial top 4" guys fell to the 3rd.

Smith
Nassib
Wilson
Barkley

And as a darkhorse, you can add Scott, Bray, and Glennon to the list.

Crisis
04-26-2013, 12:03 PM
I was just about to post a thread on this, I completely agree. If one of those 4 are available in the 3rd I wouldn't hesitate to grab them. I just hope we don't use anything earlier than a 3rd on another QB.

trapezeus
04-26-2013, 12:05 PM
i said in different thread. why take 2 in a weak class. additionally we have 2 other qb's. a 2nd drafted qb isn't going to get a whole lot of time with kolb and tjax fighting to be the punching bag and ej learning as much as he can. there will be next to no reps for that guy

on a team as short on talent as we are, we need to keep filling in holes.

Joe Fo Sho
04-26-2013, 12:05 PM
I think we have too many needs to consider another QB in the 3rd. Maybe in the 4th-5th, but there's no way any of those guys will be available.

That would also show that Nix isn't confident in his 1st round pick, which would piss me off. I think we should stick with the QB we thought was the best in this draft and if need be, reconsider our QB options later down the road. Hopefully we won't have to.

HAMMER
04-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Never going to happen.

The Jokeman
04-26-2013, 12:09 PM

I was hoping we'd trade out of the 8th spot (happy draft day for me) so props to the Bills for not only for making it happen, but also for pulling down the Rams' collective pants in the process. We definitely got the better end of the deal.

I'm on the record of being a fan of how the Skins drafted RGIII and Kirk Cousins in the same draft. I'd like to see us do the same.

Smith
Nassib
Wilson
Barkley

And as a darkhorse, you can add Scott, Bray, and Glennon to the list.

Hedge your bets in the 7th Round and take a guy like Jeff Tuel or Sean Renfree, anything sooner is foolish. As I could argue we have the best group of QBs in the NFL right now in terms as a group not individuals (if you can get that concept?).

Joe Fo Sho
04-26-2013, 12:11 PM
Hedge your bets in the 7th Round and take a guy like Jeff Tuel or Sean Renfree, anything sooner is foolish. As I could argue we have the best group of QBs in the NFL right now in terms as a group not individuals (if you can get that concept?).

Are you saying that we have the best 1-2-3 punch quarterback trio in the NFL? I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just curious what you mean.

ThunderGun
04-26-2013, 12:11 PM
I think we have too many needs to spend a 3rd on another QB. I'm all for taking one in the 4th though.

The Jokeman
04-26-2013, 12:15 PM
Are you saying that we have the best 1-2-3 punch quarterback trio in the NFL? I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just curious what you mean.

Right now all of our QBs are numbers 2 but any one of them could be a number 1 in the right system or more talent around them is what am trying to say. And if you look at most teams you can't say that on all three QBs on others rosters.

JoeMama
04-26-2013, 12:19 PM
I think we have too many needs to consider another QB in the 3rd. Maybe in the 4th-5th, but there's no way any of those guys will be available.

That would also show that Nix isn't confident in his 1st round pick, which would piss me off. I think we should stick with the QB we thought was the best in this draft and if need be, reconsider our QB options later down the road. Hopefully we won't have to.

No it wouldn't.

The Skins drafted Kirk Cousins and it wasn't viewed in a hyper-reactive "I GUESS THIS MEANS RGIII SUCKS!!!" kind of fashion. ''

I don't want us to burn a 2nd rounder on our next QB either, but taking one in the 3rd or 4th isn't an insult to EJ Manuel.

To quote on of your heroes. "Trust but verify." It's only due diligence.

The Jokeman
04-26-2013, 12:24 PM
No it wouldn't.

The Skins drafted Kirk Cousins and it wasn't viewed in a hyper-reactive "I GUESS THIS MEANS RGIII SUCKS!!!" kind of fashion. ''

I don't want us to burn a 2nd rounder on our next QB either, but taking one in the 3rd or 4th isn't an insult to EJ Manuel.

The Redskins also hedged their bet a few years ago when went Heather Shuler and Gus Frerotte. It's not a bad idea but being the Bills have some bigger needs on O and D than go second QB later vs sooner.

pmoon6
04-26-2013, 12:26 PM

Smith
Nassib
Wilson
Barkley

And as a darkhorse, you can add Scott, Bray, and Glennon to the list.No, they can take another QB next year.

I want a backer, maybe 2, O-Line, and a receiver.

Bill Cody
04-26-2013, 12:27 PM
If Manuel is bold and a boom or bust pick here's my pick that could be a minor footnote to this draft or in a best case a grand slam home run: Sean Renfree of Duke in the 6th

Skooby
04-26-2013, 12:29 PM
We have 4 QB's & many more holes to fill, so this is not a good idea.

PromoTheRobot
04-26-2013, 12:31 PM
We have Kolb and TJax already. We don't need another unless it's a UDFA maybe.

PTR

Mouldsie
04-26-2013, 12:32 PM
Dysert

jimmifli
04-26-2013, 12:37 PM
We have Kolb and TJax already. We don't need another unless it's a UDFA maybe.

PTR

Who gives a **** about TJax. If he can't beat out Kolb, then what's the point of having him? If Kolb goes down, EJ's the one coming off the bench.

Nassib will probably be gone before our 3rd round pick, but I wouldn't fault the Bills for drafting him there.

Pinkerton Security
04-26-2013, 12:39 PM
I'd like to see the Bills get players at areas of need, or just take BPA in the 3rd round. If its a QB, so be it. Cut Tjax

- - - Updated - - -

We have 4 QB's & many more holes to fill, so this is not a good idea.
Agreed

Joe Fo Sho
04-26-2013, 12:43 PM
No it wouldn't.

The Redskins also didn't have 4.5 QBs on their team when they drafted Cousins.

trapezeus
04-26-2013, 12:54 PM
the hedge is to keep EJ out of harm's way the entire season. let kolb and tjax hold that spot through week 10. if the team is as brutal as expected, cut the weaker link between those two and if EJ has shown promise make him the backup. If kolb/tjax survivor has one more brutal game and or is injured, in comes manuel. he gets to play good competition fighting forthe playoffs and his mistakes are no biggie in a lost season.

Then if there is a can't miss QB with our top 5 pick, you take that QB and let EJ and a talented first rounder battle it out. You'll have two much better options than one project and one really big project.

DraftBoy
04-26-2013, 12:55 PM
The Bills will add another QB but it will be through UDFA. I dont think they will use another draft pick.

BLeonard
04-26-2013, 01:04 PM
I have absolutely no problem with them taking another QB in the third, especially if one of the "top guys" slips there.

Aaron Corp isn't going to make the team, Tavaris Jackson wasn't even good enough to dress ahead of Tyler Thigpen last year and with the Bills drafting Manuel already, I could see them dumping Brad Smth as well... The Bills really don't need a "Wildcat" QB with Manuel in the fold.

If a guy is there in the third, I have no problem going to camp with Kolb, Manuel, a 3rd Round QB and Tavaris Jackson, if you want to keep him around. You might be able to unload him onto a team that has a hole at QB, or if a QB gets hurt in TC/Preseason.

-Bill

trapezeus
04-26-2013, 01:11 PM
kolb is just so injury prone, i want tjax there so that ej doesn't have to start. kolb will miss games somewhere in weeks 4-10 and possibly the season.

fine with EJ starting after week 10 when we know the season is shot. i don't want unrealistic expectations put on him by starting early and having him break.

X-Era
04-26-2013, 01:18 PM
i said in different thread. why take 2 in a weak class. additionally we have 2 other qb's. a 2nd drafted qb isn't going to get a whole lot of time with kolb and tjax fighting to be the punching bag and ej learning as much as he can. there will be next to no reps for that guy

on a team as short on talent as we are, we need to keep filling in holes.
Because our 3rd rounders usually don't amount to squat anyways...

Graham, Sheppard, Carrington, Trent Edwards, Ellis, Youbouty, Anderson, Crowell

TacklingDummy
04-26-2013, 01:21 PM
With the Bills luck they would draft 2 QBs that end up sucking.

TacklingDummy
04-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Because our 3rd rounders usually don't amount to squat anyways...

Graham, Sheppard, Carrington, Trent Edwards, Ellis, Youbouty, Anderson, Crowell

I don't care for any picks after the 3rd round. If the Bills could trade their 4,5,6, and 7th round draft picks for another 3rd rounder every year I would be happy.

Mr. Pink
04-26-2013, 04:06 PM
Dysert

4th round or lower I'd be all for Dysert.