I'd like to see the Bills hedge their bets and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoeMama
    Emotion Sickness
    • Oct 2002

I'd like to see the Bills hedge their bets and...

Take one more QB in this draft.

I was hoping we'd trade out of the 8th spot (happy draft day for me) so props to the Bills for not only for making it happen, but also for pulling down the Rams' collective pants in the process. We definitely got the better end of the deal.

I'm on the record of being a fan of how the Skins drafted RGIII and Kirk Cousins in the same draft. I'd like to see us do the same.

Plenty of QBs will be free falling.

I wouldn't be shocked if one of the "initial top 4" guys fell to the 3rd.

Smith
    Nassib
    Wilson
    Barkley

And as a darkhorse, you can add Scott, Bray, and Glennon to the list.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Re: I'd like to see the Bills hedge their bets and...

I was just about to post a thread on this, I completely agree. If one of those 4 are available in the 3rd I wouldn't hesitate to grab them. I just hope we don't use anything earlier than a 3rd on another QB.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

i said in different thread. why take 2 in a weak class. additionally we have 2 other qb's. a 2nd drafted qb isn't going to get a whole lot of time with kolb and tjax fighting to be the punching bag and ej learning as much as he can. there will be next to no reps for that guy

on a team as short on talent as we are, we need to keep filling in holes.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

I think we have too many needs to consider another QB in the 3rd. Maybe in the 4th-5th, but there's no way any of those guys will be available.

That would also show that Nix isn't confident in his 1st round pick, which would piss me off. I think we should stick with the QB we thought was the best in this draft and if need be, reconsider our QB options later down the road. Hopefully we won't have to.

Comment

• HAMMER
          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
          • Jul 2003

Never going to happen.

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post

I was hoping we'd trade out of the 8th spot (happy draft day for me) so props to the Bills for not only for making it happen, but also for pulling down the Rams' collective pants in the process. We definitely got the better end of the deal.

I'm on the record of being a fan of how the Skins drafted RGIII and Kirk Cousins in the same draft. I'd like to see us do the same.

Smith
            Nassib
            Wilson
            Barkley

Hedge your bets in the 7th Round and take a guy like Jeff Tuel or Sean Renfree, anything sooner is foolish. As I could argue we have the best group of QBs in the NFL right now in terms as a group not individuals (if you can get that concept?).

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
              Making Spirits Bright
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
              Hedge your bets in the 7th Round and take a guy like Jeff Tuel or Sean Renfree, anything sooner is foolish. As I could argue we have the best group of QBs in the NFL right now in terms as a group not individuals (if you can get that concept?).
              Are you saying that we have the best 1-2-3 punch quarterback trio in the NFL? I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just curious what you mean.

Comment

• ThunderGun
                • Dec 2011

I think we have too many needs to spend a 3rd on another QB. I'm all for taking one in the 4th though.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                  Are you saying that we have the best 1-2-3 punch quarterback trio in the NFL? I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just curious what you mean.
                  Right now all of our QBs are numbers 2 but any one of them could be a number 1 in the right system or more talent around them is what am trying to say. And if you look at most teams you can't say that on all three QBs on others rosters.

Comment

• JoeMama
                    Emotion Sickness
                    • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                    I think we have too many needs to consider another QB in the 3rd. Maybe in the 4th-5th, but there's no way any of those guys will be available.

That would also show that Nix isn't confident in his 1st round pick, which would piss me off. I think we should stick with the QB we thought was the best in this draft and if need be, reconsider our QB options later down the road. Hopefully we won't have to.
                    No it wouldn't.

The Skins drafted Kirk Cousins and it wasn't viewed in a hyper-reactive "I GUESS THIS MEANS RGIII SUCKS!!!" kind of fashion. ''

I don't want us to burn a 2nd rounder on our next QB either, but taking one in the 3rd or 4th isn't an insult to EJ Manuel.

To quote on of your heroes. "Trust but verify." It's only due diligence.
                    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                      • Dec 2003

No it wouldn't.

The Skins drafted Kirk Cousins and it wasn't viewed in a hyper-reactive "I GUESS THIS MEANS RGIII SUCKS!!!" kind of fashion. ''

I don't want us to burn a 2nd rounder on our next QB either, but taking one in the 3rd or 4th isn't an insult to EJ Manuel.

To quote on of your heroes. "Trust but verify." It's only due diligence.
                      The Redskins also hedged their bet a few years ago when went Heather Shuler and Gus Frerotte. It's not a bad idea but being the Bills have some bigger needs on O and D than go second QB later vs sooner.

Comment

• pmoon6
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Dec 2002

Smith
                        Nassib
                        Wilson
                        Barkley

No, they can take another QB next year.

I want a backer, maybe 2, O-Line, and a receiver.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                          • Sep 2004

If Manuel is bold and a boom or bust pick here's my pick that could be a minor footnote to this draft or in a best case a grand slam home run: Sean Renfree of Duke in the 6th

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

We have 4 QB's & many more holes to fill, so this is not a good idea.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                              • Sep 2003

We have Kolb and TJax already. We don't need another unless it's a UDFA maybe.

PTR
                              10 Commandments of the D
                              1. Never stop Rocking.
                              2. Legalize all drugs.
                              3. Quit your day job.
                              4. All Religion should be taxed.
                              5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                              6. F**k her gently.
                              7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                              8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                              9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                              10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

Working...
                              X