PDA

View Full Version : Jets trying to move up to draft a QB

Pinkerton Security
04-26-2013, 01:18 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9215208/new-york-jets-trying-trade-2nd-round-quarterback-sources

Not gonna lie, if they get someone that works out better than Manuel, I'm gonna be pretty pissed.

Skooby
04-26-2013, 01:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9215208/new-york-jets-trying-trade-2nd-round-quarterback-sources

Not gonna lie, if they get someone that works out better than Manuel, I'm gonna be pretty pissed.

We won't know that for a bit, so I wouldn't sweat it.

BLeonard
04-26-2013, 01:31 PM
Looking at the second round draft order, I have to guess they are trying to jump ahead of the Eagles.

I don't see how they can be contacting "several teams." There are only two teams ahead of the Eagles: The Jags and the 49ers.

The 49ers won't be looking at QB, but if Jacksonville is, I don't see why they would trade out of their spot and drop behind the Eagles themselves. But, why would the 49ers trade down and get even more picks...? Unless they are picks for 2014.

If there is a run on QB's at the top of Round 2, that throws all of that "The Bills could have gotten Manuel in Round 2" talk out the window.

It's very possible that the Jets (and possibly other teams) had Manuel as the #1 QB on their boards as well and now that he's gone, they're scrambling to make suer they don't miss getting the #2 QB on their board...

-Bill

justasportsfan
04-26-2013, 01:34 PM
they took Sanchez and then Tebow, so why would I have to worry about their next choice?

Pinkerton Security
04-26-2013, 01:35 PM
they took Sanchez and then Tebow, so why would I have to worry about their next choice?

bc I want them to continue to start Sanchez or Tebow...lol

justasportsfan
04-26-2013, 01:37 PM
bc I want them to continue to start Sanchez or Tebow...lol

when they drop Tebow, we'll be snagging him.

Pinkerton Security
04-26-2013, 02:41 PM

dont even joke about that

BleedinGreenNC
04-26-2013, 02:59 PM

Please god make it happen!

paladin warrior
04-26-2013, 03:01 PM
take Matt B. I think Jaq or eagle take Geno Smith

Typ0
04-27-2013, 01:17 AM
Geno Smith is a complete bust at this point IMO. Hell he was a bust in the draft ... and now he is going to descend into the hell that is New York with a bad Jets team. I doubt he had what it took before he got taken by the Jets. Thank God we are no longer the laughing stock of the AFC East!

Buddo
04-27-2013, 04:50 AM
Well, if the writing wasn't on the wall before, it is now, if you are one of the plethora of mediocre QBs the Jest have. ;)
Woody must really like circuses. ;)

RedEyE
04-27-2013, 05:15 AM
I think if Smith ends up being better than Manuel then you have to really can't help but despise the Bills GM. They had prime choice on QB and it would only mean they've focused on the wrong guy. It is what it is at this point. Manuel is the guy and we all need to pray he's the one diamond in this year's rough choiuce of QBs.

DynaPaul
04-27-2013, 06:10 AM
If Manuel is a bust there will be no forgiveness.