PDA

View Full Version : Whats Done is Done But Why Not Tayvon?

teedizz
04-26-2013, 02:38 PM
I'm just venting with the decision to draft someone in the first round that wouldve been there in the 3rd (Ok, I know everyone is saying the Eagles would have gotten him but there were other QB's just as good still available). We shouldve kept our 8th pick, got Tayvon Austin and then picked up EJ in the 2nd or 3rd round. Our offense wouldve been potent with Austin, Spiller and Johnson. Teams would have to prepare for our run game, deep game (Given that Kolb or EJ had time), wildcat game and screen game. I think he is gonna light the NFL up. Yeah he is short but look what a beast Steve Smith is/was in Carolina with mediocre QB's. This will be one of them drafts where analyst look back and show everyone that was passed on and that are now game changers in the NFL.

But at the end of the day, whats done is done and I just hope that EJ proves me and every other doubter that the Bills made the right decision. Highly doubt it tho.

We could have both EJ and Austin tho. Just saying....

TrEd FTW
04-26-2013, 02:39 PM
Capt. Hindsight in the house.

teedizz
04-26-2013, 02:47 PM
Guess you havent seen him actually change the whole dinamic of a game by himself.

cookie G
04-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Capt. Hindsight in the house.

Its been less than 24 hours. When does hindsight officially begin?

Cali512
04-26-2013, 02:51 PM
EJ wouldnt of lasted. Im pretty sure most people assumed buffalo would get Geno so they didnt worry about it, but i think alot of teams wanted Manuel and tried there best to keep him hidden. When buffalo traded back teams probably thought, there getting Geno or Nassib so there safe, thats why no team traded up to take him. But we took him there and I bet you it fd some teams up.

better days
04-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Well, the Bills also got a 2nd rnd pick which is HUGE. And Austin is now in the NFC West where we don't have to concern ourselves with him.

Skooby
04-26-2013, 02:56 PM
Well, the Bills also got a 2nd rnd pick which is HUGE. And Austin is now in the NFC West where we don't have to concern ourselves with him.

Until our eventual Superbowl meeting.

teedizz
04-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Good to see another Cali Bills fan. We thin our here. Hahaha

EJ wouldnt of lasted. Im pretty sure most people assumed buffalo would get Geno so they didnt worry about it, but i think alot of teams wanted Manuel and tried there best to keep him hidden. When buffalo traded back teams probably thought, there getting Geno or Nassib so there safe, thats why no team traded up to take him. But we took him there and I bet you it fd some teams up.

teedizz
04-26-2013, 02:59 PM
I understand what everyone is saying and I too hope that we made the right decision. I just would have loved to see what defenses would do seeing Kolb/EJ at QB, Spiller in the backfield, Tayvon on the right and Stevie on the left. Beautiful thang.

Novacane
04-26-2013, 03:01 PM
I'm just venting with the decision to draft someone in the first round that wouldve been there in the 3rd (Ok, I know everyone is saying the Eagles would have gotten him but there were other QB's just as good still available). We shouldve kept our 8th pick, got Tayvon Austin and then picked up EJ in the 2nd or 3rd round. Our offense wouldve been potent with Austin, Spiller and Johnson. Teams would have to prepare for our run game, deep game (Given that Kolb or EJ had time), wildcat game and screen game. I think he is gonna light the NFL up. Yeah he is short but look what a beast Steve Smith is/was in Carolina with mediocre QB's. This will be one of them drafts where analyst look back and show everyone that was passed on and that are now game changers in the NFL.

But at the end of the day, whats done is done and I just hope that EJ proves me and every other doubter that the Bills made the right decision. Highly doubt it tho.

We could have both EJ and Austin tho. Just saying....

That's your opinion. The Bills obviously don't share it!

BLeonard
04-26-2013, 03:06 PM
Well, first, the Bills, nor anyone else, had any idea who would or wouldn't be taken after the 8th pick. Had they taken Austin, for all we know, the Jets could have taken Manuel with the very next pick... Or, at 13... Or, another team could have traded up into the first and taken Manuel then.

Nobody has any idea what would have happened had the Bills taken Austin, except for the fact that they wouldn't have an extra 2nd and 7th round pick at their disposal. Every pick in the Draft has a "ripple effect," which effects the strategies of the other 31 teams. You can't just look at who was taken and say "Well, player X would have been there in Round Y." There's no way to know how the "ripple effect" caused the 1st round to play out the way it eventually did.

-Bill

Cali512
04-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Good to see another Cali Bills fan. We thin our here. Hahaha

Its actually my nickname bc i had bleach spiked blonde hair and wore alot of California type shirts. Im from ny but live in TX

BLeonard
04-26-2013, 03:10 PM
I understand what everyone is saying and I too hope that we made the right decision. I just would have loved to see what defenses would do seeing Kolb/EJ at QB, Spiller in the backfield, Tayvon on the right and Stevie on the left. Beautiful thang.

Keep in mind, there are still pretty darn good WR's available in Round 2. Lot of good LB's still available, too... Now, with two second rounders, the Bills can get one of each and have three potential starters. That wouldn't be possible had they not traded down.

So, instead of having Austin and Manuel (if he would even have been there) in the first two rounds, the Bills can get Manuel, a good WR and a good LB, because, in case you haven't noticed, our run defense needs help in a pretty bad way.

-Bill

CoolBreeze
04-26-2013, 04:00 PM
There's something that many people either forgot or are not aware of. In the early 1990's when the Bills K-Gun was the envy of the NFL, a certain college coach and his offensive staff came to Buffalo to be taught the K-Gun, by it's creator, Ted Marchibroda. That coach was Bobby Bowden of Florida State. Many concepts of the Bowden era K-Gun is still there. My contention is simply, EJ Manuel has been playing in this system for several years. Nathaniel Hackett is implementing the same concepts of the K-Gun. I think the transition for EJ is going to be seamless. People worry too much about where a guy is drafted. Nobody truly knows how long Manuel would have lasted. To listen to Mel Kiper and Todd McShay (Two guys that never stepped foot on a football field) is ridiculous. Mel Kiper is nothing more than a used car salesman. Manuel will be fine. You just can't pass up a 6'5" 240 QB with a big arm and speed. Kaepernick went sooner than people expected, and that worked out pretty good.

Bert102176
04-26-2013, 04:29 PM
Cause stevie is our slot WR now we need outside guys tayvon is also a slot WR

TigerJ
04-26-2013, 10:01 PM
Put Marquise Goodwin in that West Virginia offense and he might have looked a great deal like Tavon Austin. . . only faster.