X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

When does the next QB go?

It may be a while with the way the draft board looks. If Arizona passes on one it could be a while. They just got Palmer so they may feel their fine for a couple years.

I could see maybe the Texans taking Barkley or Nassib as a future replacement for Schaub. He gets injured a lot and he's holding back that team and could use an upgrade. They even got decent production out of Tyler Yates last time Schaub went down. If they had any guy with some decent talent they could make him a good QB.

One other darkhorse team could be the Bears since Cutler is in the last year of his contract and if they don't feel he's worth the money. With the way the draft is falling they could wait until the 3rd round if they wished to go that route.

This draft shows how bad this QB class was that many of us were saying. All of these teams that could use a QB passed on them except for the Jets.

I knew the Jags and Cleveland wasn't taking a QB early after just using a high draft pick recently on one. They could try for one in the 3rd round if Barkley or Nassib is still there to give them some competition.
  • Swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Re: When does the next QB go?

At this point (after the Bills #46 pick) it looks like they may fall to the 3rd round or lower.....

Comment

• Mike
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
      At this point (after the Bills #46 pick) it looks like they may fall to the 3rd round or lower.....
      We could have had EJ in the 2nd... There was no need to take him at 16
      Heck Geno Smith almost fell to our second round pick and he is the better prospect
      Please Make Sense

Comment

• gonzo1105
        • Jul 2002

I could see Houston taking a hot at the end of round 2

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
          Will not tolerate vandalism.
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Heck Geno Smith almost fell to our second round pick and he is the better prospect
          The question is, who would you take at 16, then? QB was the Bills' most pressing need. The team could use OL help but there was a run on those in the first round. WR, MLB... do any of the available prospects help more than a new QB at this stage? It's easy to say they should have waited, but you have to use that draft pick on someone!

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

We have no way of knowing that but let's say you're right. If we weren't targeting EJ in the first we probably would have stayed at 8 and taken Austin since he was #1 on our board. Then say we got E J at 41.

What would you rather have?

1. Manuel and Austin

2. Manuel ,Woods and Alonso

Comment

• BillsFever21
              • Aug 2004

Wow only two QB's drafted through the first two rounds. That was even worse then I thought. I had 3-4 in the first couple rounds. I was thinking one QB in the first round and maybe two if another team moved up in the tail end of the 1st round to get one. I figured another one or two in the second.

And to think some these "draft experts" around here was fine with us taking the next best QB on the board at #8 no matter who it was. It didn't even matter if there was already 2-3 guys off the board by then. Some even said Tyler Wilson of all people would be alright there. I had him pegged as a third round pick at the earliest.

I thought Smith, Manuel, Barkley and Nassib would go in the first couple rounds. To think that Barkley and Nassib are still out there.

If by some miracle Nassib was still there in the 4th round would you jump on him and let him battle it out with Manuel? I think at least one of the teams between the Jags, Browns, Cardinals and Raiders will take one in the 3rd and still a possibility of the Texans at some point this draft.

At the most there will be two of them taking in the 3rd round but if Nassib was there in the 4th you would have to think about it. At the worse we would have another project and a cheap backup that's familiar with Marrones system. We could still have a need for a backup. There is no way we can have a 2nd string QB making 3-4 million along with a 3rd string making 2 million a year.
              Last edited by BillsFever21; 04-26-2013, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Mike
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot View Post
                The question is, who would you take at 16, then? QB was the Bills' most pressing need. The team could use OL help but there was a run on those in the first round. WR, MLB... do any of the available prospects help more than a new QB at this stage? It's easy to say they should have waited, but you have to use that draft pick on someone!
                J. Jones
                T. Eifert
                or
                Trade Down

After the Bills traded down to 16, it was pretty easy to see that none of the remaining teams would take a QB (not a need) and that teams would not trade back into first for this poor QB class. This class was so poor that most of these QBs are still available and most likely will be available in the 3rd.

My Draft
                1. Eifert
                2. Woods
                2. EJ (have him if you really love him so much)...

At this point, even Geno Smith is the much better prospect.
                Please Make Sense

Comment

• streetkings01
                  • Jul 2006

This convo is sooooo yesterday. It's over with......we took him in the 1st round deal with it sheesh!
                  You can call me streetkings

Comment

• Mike
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                    We have no way of knowing that but let's say you're right. If we weren't targeting EJ in the first we probably would have stayed at 8 and taken Austin since he was #1 on our board. Then say we got E J at 41.

1. Manuel and Austin

WHY DO I HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THESE TWO? BILLS COULD HAVE STILL TRADED DOWN AND DRAFTED ANOTHER POTENTIAL STUD LIKE T.EIFERT OF J. JONES.

IF THE BILLS LOVED MANUEL SO MUCH THEY COULD HAVE HAD:
                    1. J.JONES OR T. EIFERT
                    2. WOODS
                    2. MANUEL

OR IF THEY REALLY WANTED TO PUSH IT AND LET A QB FALL TO THEM:
                    1. J.JONES OR T. EIFERT
                    2. WOODS
                    2. BPA
                    3. QB
                    THE WAY THIS DRAFT IS GOING MANUEL COULD HAVE SLIPPED TO THE THIRD. REGARDLESS, HE COULD HAVE BEEN HAD IN THE 2ND... AND THIS WAS OBVIOUS WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY THE BILLS ARE GETTING BLASTED IN THE MEDIA AND ARE RECEIVING BAD DRAFT GRADES.

Please Make Sense

Comment

• BillsFever21
                      • Aug 2004

J. Jones
                      T. Eifert
                      or
                      Trade Down

After the Bills traded down to 16, it was pretty easy to see that none of the remaining teams would take a QB (not a need) and that teams would not trade back into first for this poor QB class. This class was so poor that most of these QBs are still available and most likely will be available in the 3rd.

My Draft
                      1. Eifert
                      2. Woods
                      2. EJ (have him if you really love him so much)...

At this point, even Geno Smith is the much better prospect.
                      Geno Smith's stats look pretty but nobody really looks at the 32 FUMBLES in the past two years when they look at his TD passes. His leadership has also been questioned and that's one of the most important intangibles for a QB. Manuel is a far better leader and that is something that you can't teach.

Comment

• streetkings01
                        • Jul 2006

I hope they take a flyer on another QB late........hoping a guy like Wilson or Bray drop to the 5th or 6th
                        You can call me streetkings

Comment

• Mike
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post
                          Geno Smith's stats look pretty but nobody really looks at the 32 FUMBLES in the past two years when they look at his TD passes. His leadership has also been questioned and that's one of the most important intangibles for a QB. Manuel is a far better leader and that is something that you can't teach.
                          Personally, I did not like any of the QBs, especially in the first. That being said, I am ok with taking a QB in the 2nd or 3rd, a more deserving spot. I like some of Manual's talents and abilities, so I like the player, but I hate the pick. They should have drafted him with their 2nd second round pick.

Imagine Eifert, Woods, and EJ.... Now thats a much better draft.

Now that the second round is all but over, and to answer your original questions, these QB's are falling to the third. There might be a run on them here and if not, tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by streetkings01 View Post
                          I hope they take a flyer on another QB late........hoping a guy like Wilson or Bray drop to the 5th or 6th
                          They should. 5th & 6th round picks are most often useless, so why not take a flyer.
                          Please Make Sense

Comment

• Swiper
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

1. Manuel and Austin

What's my 3rd choice?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                              Unreachable Douche
                              • Jul 2002

1. Manuel and Austin

C. Jones, Woods, Barkley.

Comment

Working...
                              X