PDA

View Full Version : Kiko Alonso... Wow

The King
04-26-2013, 06:34 PM
<object width="560" height="315">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6I-qW9QiEfg?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></object>

The King
04-26-2013, 06:35 PM
I think I just found my next jersey.

gonzo1105
04-26-2013, 06:37 PM
Hes a stud...if he can stay healthy he can do it all. Thats what i'm trying to say about him. He can stop the run, he can drop in coverage, and he can blitz with the best of em.

TacklingDummy
04-26-2013, 06:37 PM
Here's one even better.

http://mugshotsrus.com/sites/default/files/styles/arrest_image_node/public/2012/11/18/kiko_alonso.jpg

TacklingDummy
04-26-2013, 06:38 PM
Or this one

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_WtdXDEP9fck/S4FzfgToZrI/AAAAAAAABA8/BxaRstv4hto/s320/kiko+alonso.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

http://media.katu.com/images/110506kiko_alonso_courtroom405.jpg

jimbohastle51
04-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Like I said in another post, if this kid didn't have some off the field issues in his past he would have been a higher pick. He is a man child on the football field.

Cali512
04-26-2013, 06:42 PM
This guys a freak, and i think our organization believes that Marrone has the perfect mindset, and attitude to keep Kiko clean. Its also easier to respect a 6-5 280 lb HC than a 5-8 old man

justasportsfan
04-26-2013, 06:43 PM
he can flatout fly, then again even Maybins highlights look impressive. Looks mean unlike Sheppard. We should send him to hang out with Tebow, that way he stays out of trouble

gonzo1105
04-26-2013, 06:45 PM
Where has good character players gotten us besides getting our ass kicked? Its good to have a couple thugs on your team who have some spunk and stupidity to them.

Cali512
04-26-2013, 06:46 PM
what maybin highlights? When he was drafted there was absolutly no video on him in college anywhere. I remember bc i was looking around for it hardcore and couldnt find **** on him. It was pathetic bc even 7th round DEs had highlight footage

The last buffalo fan
04-26-2013, 06:47 PM
I have drinking problems and my mother still loves me .............. any day of the week and of course every ****ing sunday baby! :gobills:

Night Train
04-26-2013, 06:50 PM
Yup. DUI in 2010 then a house breakin while drunk a year later. Straight to alcohol rehab. Supposedly cleaned up his act.
Says he can be moved around like a chess piece and attack from all angles. Big hitter. Film looks real good. Had to give Pettine some talent.

Welcome. Just stay away from the bars.

The King
04-26-2013, 06:51 PM
He got caught drinking at college! OMG!

DraftBoy
04-26-2013, 06:53 PM
He got caught drinking at college! OMG!

Multiple alcohol related incidents and busted for burglary is a wee bit more than simply drinking in college and I have zero issue with his off the field stuff.

BillsFever21
04-26-2013, 06:53 PM
Hopefully he works out. Aurthur Brown would've been a good pick there and it was backed up by a great organization taking him in the Ravens.

BillsU
04-26-2013, 06:55 PM
I like that Kiko can play both outside and inside it appears from reading some reports and he seems aggressive.

justasportsfan
04-26-2013, 06:56 PM
His senior year, Alonso totaled 81 tackles, 14 for loss, four interceptions, and four forced fumbles; playing at his best in big games.

he doesn't have small hands :bigwave:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/4/26/4206838/nfl-draft-results-kiko-alonso-buffalo-bills

The King
04-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Multiple alcohol related incidents and busted for burglary is a wee bit more than simply drinking in college and I have zero issue with his off the field stuff.
It's also why he was there in the middle of 2

kingJofNYC
04-26-2013, 06:58 PM
I'm a fan, think its a risk, and one round too early. On the other hand Bostic went way too high, so too high/value is ppointless at times.

psubills62
04-26-2013, 06:58 PM
Reasons I don't like the pick: another upside/potential kid; feel like we had some other, greater needs; also feel like ILB's can be had later in the draft.

Reasons I like the pick: feel like this is a Pettine pick and if he wanted him, fine by me as I trust him most of the coaches; if coverage is one of his strengths, great. I feel like we don't hear about LB's being able to cover anymore, and I wouldn't at all mind having one who can.

Hopefully Pettine can use him.

cookie G
04-26-2013, 06:59 PM
I remember the cheap shot he took on Collin Klein in the Kansas St. game. It started with a helmet to helmet, but then he threw an elbow to Klein's head when he was down. I was really surprised it wasn't called, because it was pretty blatant.

For some reason, he reminds me of the kid from The Blindside, the one Michael Oher threw over the fence.

The King
04-26-2013, 07:00 PM
I like that we have player who hits hard... that's been lacking since Spikes.

DraftBoy
04-26-2013, 07:01 PM
It's also why he was there in the middle of 2

No its not. The fact that he struggles to shed, lacks ideal strength, and needs to add bulk is why he was there in the middle of 2 and probably later.

- - - Updated - - -

That he is, he's not afraid to take a shot at somebody. At times can get reckless (as Cookie points out) but hits like a freight train.

ServoBillieves
04-26-2013, 07:02 PM
Yes. An emphatic yes to this pick. GREAT PICK!

This feels leeks Poz but it's very far from it. I have personal issues with Poz and will not go deep but great pick up for the Bills.

Cali512
04-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Potentially we could have

Cam Newton
A bigger healthier Danny Amendola
If used correctly a possible Clay Matthews type player

I do believe each have the potential and would be these type of players if they do what there capable of

Cali512
04-26-2013, 07:08 PM

Bradham hits like a train. Both will be in the middle causing havok. Kiko knows how to get to the ball and is a playmaker and is definitely not a liability in coverage

mysticsoto
04-26-2013, 07:10 PM
I was shocked at this pick a bit, but as I think about it more, this kid fits the attacking style of defense they want to implement. This kid can basically play any position LB. That versatility must be appealing to our coaching staff. He's also a good blitzer and hits hard.

His off the field issues is probably what has lowered his draft status for most not his play. As DB says, he's been good for the last 2 yrs. Let's hope he's gotten a bit more serious and maybe more mature...

If he gets focused, he could develop into an impact player.

GvilleBills
04-26-2013, 07:16 PM
Doublefisting beers in one hand = badassery

BillsFever21
04-26-2013, 07:26 PM
Potentially we could have

Cam Newton
A bigger healthier Danny Amendola
If used correctly a possible Clay Matthews type player

I do believe each have the potential and would be these type of players if they do what there capable of

Take off the rose colored glasses. You are getting way ahead of yourself comparing two of these guys to one of the best players at their position in the NFL.

I see Manuel more of a Josh Freeman type with more mobility then I do Cam Newton. As far as comparing Alonso to the best pass rushing LB in the NFL over the past several years is just too much.

justasportsfan
04-26-2013, 07:38 PM
Kiko Alonso: "I feel like I can play any spot in [the Bills] system"

Q: What do you know about the Bills?

A: I know they have a lot of great players. They have (C.J.) Spiller and a lot of guys. They actually drafted a guy who went to my high school, Trent Edwards. Obviously he is not there anymore.
:ill:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Kiko-Alonso-I-feel-like-I-can-play-any-spot-in-the-Bills-system/84650fd5-58dd-4c93-a0a2-45784f3285e6

Don't Panic
04-26-2013, 07:46 PM
He single-handedly did better against Russell Wilson than our whole defense did last year, so that's a plus.

justasportsfan
04-26-2013, 08:06 PM
Ralph is cheap. This means the Dansby talk is dead.

Cali512
04-26-2013, 08:17 PM
This may end up like a JJ Watt, Derek Wolf pick. Doesnt seem flashy but the players are animals

Bert102176
04-26-2013, 08:42 PM
Let him lose on Brady that's all I'm sayin

SquishDaFish
04-26-2013, 09:09 PM
Ive watched ALOT of Oregon games. This kid is a BEAST! Never takes a play off and flys around. If he is protected he is going to be a good one.

swiper
04-26-2013, 09:13 PM
It's so hard to get past those awful uniforms. ROFL. Wanna see him in Red, White, Blue.

swiper
04-26-2013, 09:43 PM
Bradham hits like a train. Both will be in the middle causing havok. Kiko knows how to get to the ball and is a playmaker and is definitely not a liability in coverage

Bradham is playing the weak side, not the middle.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Opportunity-big-for-Bradham/b3b3d9e6-235e-4dc0-b347-f60027bed133

With defensive coordinator Mike Pettine’s installation of a hybrid 3-4 defensive system, Bradham is heading back to the weak-side, and the 23 year-old is excited to be back to the position where he is most comfortable.

ParanoidAndroid
04-26-2013, 09:43 PM
Accept it was not a burglary. He basically was drunk and snuck into somone else's apartment and passed out. I did that in college and I turned out okay. He just needs to hold his liquor and he'll be fine.

Beebe
04-26-2013, 10:18 PM
I like this pick he played at LOS GATOS high school and he played TE,DE,LB he's good.

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2013, 10:21 PM
Or this one

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_WtdXDEP9fck/S4FzfgToZrI/AAAAAAAABA8/BxaRstv4hto/s320/kiko+alonso.jpg

- - - Updated - - -
What is this supposed to make me think it is a bad pick? Who gives a **** you goody goody
http://media.katu.com/images/110506kiko_alonso_courtroom405.jpg

Skooby
04-26-2013, 10:24 PM
So he's a drunk, which one of us didn't have more relatives that weren't ?

Mace
04-26-2013, 10:32 PM
I remember the cheap shot he took on Collin Klein in the Kansas St. game. It started with a helmet to helmet, but then he threw an elbow to Klein's head when he was down. I was really surprised it wasn't called, because it was pretty blatant. For some reason, he reminds me of the kid from The Blindside, the one Michael Oher threw over the fence. He's a mean kid, might thrive under Pettine with Kyle Williams in the next locker, and Nick Barnett on the other side except we don't have him anymore. Not real sure if Pettine will take any craps with his DC chance, not sure Alonso will offer any craps with his NFL chance. Got to like a thumper with a mean streak who can cover. Or he'll get arrested before camp and we can facepalm. Or he will get arrested before camp, we'll facepalm and he'll reform and be an all pro or we'll just do this again in 3 years because it all gets too familiar. The steroid test weeds out many a bad boy, except for alcoholics but maybe he's only on HGH which hasn't been outlawed yet but sort of. In any case I like the pick until he gets suspended.

DynaPaul
04-26-2013, 10:37 PM
Sign him up for the Buffalo AA chapter ASAP!

Mace
04-26-2013, 11:08 PM
Sort of some classic Nix here though, ""It was never drug-related," Bills General Manager Buddy Nix said. "It wasn't beating up women and that kind of thing. He drank too much. Everybody else can maybe social drink, and he had too many." Haha, I know I've had too many and broken into other peoples houses and fell asleep more than once, but I didn't beat up women or do drugs so it was all good fun. Whoa, good morning ! where am I, not my house ? hyar hyar !" In other words he done screwed up, been ok since, we give him a chance. Alonso might be just fine but won't be if people hyuk off his previous issues. Ride him like a pony about it and make a statement about what you expect from your players.

YardRat
04-26-2013, 11:11 PM
Don't care about the off-field stuff, nothing really serious, but he's a little light in the ass for this level of play. Hopefully he can bulk up a little bit and not lose any speed, quickness or ability to impact, otherwise he's just going to be a ST's upgrade over White.

Raptor
04-26-2013, 11:27 PM
what maybin highlights? When he was drafted there was absolutly no video on him in college anywhere. I remember bc i was looking around for it hardcore and couldnt find **** on him. It was pathetic bc even 7th round DEs had highlight footage

Then you didnt look very hard because Maybin was a beast his last year in college

Kiko btw, hate the pick, he'll be a bust

Mouldsie
04-26-2013, 11:39 PM
He can go to the bars as long as he's drinking whey.

Meathead
04-27-2013, 12:43 AM
Its also easier to respect a 6-5 280 lb HC than a 5-8 old man

pathetic

feldspar
04-27-2013, 02:03 AM
Where has good character players gotten us besides getting our ass kicked? Its good to have a couple thugs on your team who have some spunk and stupidity to them.

LOL, the kid got into trouble a couple of times...but that doesn't mean he has bad character or is a thug. He just got drunk and did the wrong thing a couple of times...alcohol related things from somebody in college. Go figure. So he got a DUI. I got TWO of them when I was a kid, and I guess that makes me a thug with bad character forever...even some 17 years later? The way I hear it, the second time he got into trouble, he got drunk, broke into somebody's apartment, and passed out there. That was thrown out of court, I believe. Maybe he thought the place was his.

Bruce Smith got busted in his car passed out in the middle of the freakin' street. Of course, he had a good lawyer that got him off because of his "sleep apnea." Those Super Bowl teams were famous partiers.

It's not like it was drugs or violence. It was a kid in college drinking. I'm not worried about that.

I really LOVE this pick, and I like this kid. He's a baller.

Buddo
04-27-2013, 04:59 AM
Don't care about the off-field stuff, nothing really serious, but he's a little light in the ass for this level of play. Hopefully he can bulk up a little bit and not lose any speed, quickness or ability to impact, otherwise he's just going to be a ST's upgrade over White.

I'd agree. My first thought on seeing the highlight King posted, was 'chicken legs'. ;)
Still like the pick though, and he actually looks like he will benefit from an NFL fitness regime.

Cali512
04-27-2013, 05:13 AM
pathetic

Your absolutly ******ed to find anything bad about what i said. This board has alot of special kids dont it

Cali512
04-27-2013, 05:14 AM
Then you didnt look very hard because Maybin was a beast his last year in college

Kiko btw, hate the pick, he'll be a bust

U have no clue what your talking about. There is absolutly no videos on Maybin in college. NONE. Find me one. Ive been looking for 4 years

ParanoidAndroid
04-27-2013, 06:35 AM
Your absolutly ******ed to find anything bad about what i said. This board has alot of special kids dont it

STFU

NOT THE DUDE...
04-27-2013, 11:37 AM
kelly is a drunk, i dont care about his off the field ****, unless its something very serious.... CAN HE PLAY?

- - - Updated - - -

He was a awesome in college and his computer numbers are off the charts, and he can rush the passer....

great pick!

NOT THE DUDE...
04-27-2013, 11:38 AM
when a scout compares you to jack lambert, well, lets just say im sold...

i hope he is a drunk, and gets in bar fights, he will fit right in with buffalo!

im sure ray bentley has a room for him

DraftBoy
04-27-2013, 11:41 AM
Accept it was not a burglary. He basically was drunk and snuck into somone else's apartment and passed out. I did that in college and I turned out okay. He just needs to hold his liquor and he'll be fine.

What was he charged with?

The last buffalo fan
04-27-2013, 11:49 AM
At the mean time, he is a Buffalo Bill now, so feel free to root for the guy ................... or no!

Night Train
04-27-2013, 11:57 AM
I read a great blurb about him on CBS from a scout. " He made all the plays Dion Jordan should have made "

Mouldsie
04-27-2013, 12:13 PM
when a scout compares you to jack lambert, well, lets just say im sold...

i hope he is a drunk, and gets in bar fights, he will fit right in with buffalo!

im sure ray bentley has a room for him
You're an idiot.

YardRat
04-27-2013, 03:56 PM
U have no clue what your talking about. There is absolutly no videos on Maybin in college. NONE. Find me one. Ive been looking for 4 years

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VDj_X0Da6Nw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Novacane
04-27-2013, 04:09 PM
At the mean time, he is a Buffalo Bill now, so feel free to root for the guy ................... or no!

To many that post here would rather see these guys bust so they can say I told you so.

The Jokeman
04-27-2013, 07:05 PM
He seems to have something think this defense has lacked recently. That's be a pulse/heart or whatever you call it but he brings back some of the intensity we needed. He might not be great but John Holecek wasn't a great player but he played a part in some pretty good D's we had in the late 90s and I see Kiko as a better player than John was.

swiper
04-28-2013, 07:43 AM
ROFL @ people here. The "glass half full" get vicious against "the glass half empty."

One guy is going to town over a quote from some writer who said Alonso was making plays his teammate was supposed to be. LOL.

jamze132
04-28-2013, 11:31 AM
I'm excited about this pick but he needs to bulk up for the NFL and I hope he doesn't get busted with the juice.

BillsFan64
04-28-2013, 11:12 PM
I mentioned this on another post, but I am looking forward to watching Alonso sacking Brady ( hopefully a lot )

JoeMama
04-28-2013, 11:22 PM
To many that post here would rather see these guys bust so they can say I told you so.

No one wants to say "I told you so" when referencing the Bills.

We all want the Bills to be winners. Losing ****ing sucks.

RedEyE
04-29-2013, 07:21 AM
The biggest issue I had with the Bills taking Alonso at the time of the draft was that Aurthur Brown was still on the board. Brown is a better natural tackler and I was pulling for either him or an OG at the time. After they drafted Alonso I immediately watched some video on Alonso. He takes horrible cuts and angles in tackling. I mean when he does pop a guy he hits them hard and they typically drop, but 75% of the time he was not squaring up on his tackles and he looked to be taking to much time to decipher the play on the field leading him to run horrible angles to the ball. However, after further thought and research, I decided his 3" in height over Brown's is going to give him a better leverage in coverage. The Bill are consistently getting disseminated by tall receiving TEs, especially by dreaded NE. Because of this reason alone I believe Kiko is the better choice. Brown is extremely short in stature and plays more like a hybrid ILB/OLB. He may put a lick on you, but he is going to get torched in the receiving game.

Saratoga Slim
04-29-2013, 07:33 AM
Kind of reminds me of Brian Cushing on the field.

mysticsoto
04-29-2013, 07:47 AM
The biggest issue I had with the Bills taking Alonso at the time of the draft was that Aurthur Brown was still on the board. Brown is a better natural tackler and I was pulling for either him or an OG at the time. After they drafted Alonso I immediately watched some video on Alonso. He takes horrible cuts and angles in tackling. I mean when he does pop a guy he hits them hard and they typically drop, but 75% of the time he was not squaring up on his tackles and he looked to be taking to much time to decipher the play on the field leading him to run horrible angles to the ball. However, after further thought and research, I decided his 3" in height over Brown's is going to give him a better leverage in coverage. The Bill are consistently getting disseminated by tall receiving TEs, especially by dreaded NE. Because of this reason alone I believe Kiko is the better choice. Brown is extremely short in stature and plays more like a hybrid ILB/OLB. He may put a lick on you, but he is going to get torched in the receiving game.

I think they also liked his versatility on the field. Being able to move him anywhere on that LB line is probably appealing to them given how open our LBs corps are and where everyone might be placed.

justasportsfan
04-29-2013, 08:14 AM

I heard that Alsonso is no different from Bradham. If true they wanted a player with a different skill set ? :idunno: