PDA

View Full Version : Marquise Goodwin

justasportsfan
04-26-2013, 08:37 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4nq9emo0hWs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

psubills62
04-26-2013, 08:46 PM
Interesting. Definitely fast, love that.

Like I said in the other thread, if we have offensive coaches who can use him well, I'm happy about this. Good complement to Spiller, Stevie, and Woods, IMO.

Now get some TE's.

justasportsfan
04-26-2013, 08:47 PM
this kid can fly , almost as fast as Forrest Gump

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z5HXbFuAi3g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Skooby
04-26-2013, 08:50 PM
I made a huge wager on that game taking TX & the over, getting killed up to that point & needing a hit. I love this guy & we have to use EJ's arm to get this kid the ball.

justasportsfan
04-26-2013, 08:56 PM
CJ, TJ & Goodwin should have a race at camp.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-26-2013, 09:35 PM
not only does he have track speed, hes agile, has football iq with the ball in his hands and running routes. he showed great hands and route running ability at the senior bowl.

and hes strong/tough as hell....

look at his block vs ucla! this pick is special!

Goobylal
04-26-2013, 09:38 PM
Can he beat the jam?

TigerJ
04-26-2013, 09:57 PM
He'll struggle with that some.

JediMindPowers
04-27-2013, 12:07 AM
He'll struggle with that some.

I hope Goodwin does well but I can't stop thinking that OBD would rather not go forward with Graham, which is why they picked MG in the first place.

The truth is though Graham sucks and the new coaching staff all but admitted it that fact by drafting Goodwin - a speedy smallish WR like Graham.

The Toe Show
04-27-2013, 12:09 AM
Al Davis loves this pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c96Oocok21s

Ed
04-27-2013, 12:31 AM
CJ, TJ & Goodwin should have a race at camp.
Goodwin would win easily.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-27-2013, 02:17 AM
I hope Goodwin does well but I can't stop thinking that OBD would rather not go forward with Graham, which is why they picked MG in the first place.

The truth is though Graham sucks and the new coaching staff all but admitted it that fact by drafting Goodwin - a speedy smallish WR like Graham.

i dont think that at all. graham is an outside guy, the " legit streaker"...

goodwin is like a smaller eric moulds....

RedEyE
04-27-2013, 05:10 AM
Speed is great and all, but what about height? We have not one receiver over 6-2. These guys had better be jump ball aggressive or Manuel better have one hell of an accurate drop cylinder. Because we already know that Kolb and Jackson do not.

Night Train
04-27-2013, 05:46 AM
I could see the Bills using him in so many ways. In the slot.. outside..in the backfield..in motion. He will create a domino effect on a shifting defense.

OLDSRIP
04-27-2013, 06:10 AM
Other than being super fast, he also is physical for a "track" type receiver.
i really like that he is a high effort blocker as well.

mysticsoto
04-27-2013, 06:19 AM
I could see the Bills using him in so many ways. In the slot.. outside..in the backfield..in motion. He will create a domino effect on a shifting defense.

I picture him being used in slants and reverses. But I don't think his route running is anywhere close to where it needs to be. Hopefully he can pick it up. And since this is really not the yr our team will do much he has 1 year to focus & improve.

It really hurt us not to get Hunter. The whole day 2 was thrown off by no one going after the QBs/RBs early. Screwed us up...

k-oneputt
04-27-2013, 07:11 AM
Spiller just returned his last kick-off.
Goodwin will take that job over as Spiller will now become a much bigger part of the gameplan, unlike the last coaching staff that wouldn't use him enough.

I would say the Bills have the best relay team in the league with Spiller, Graham, McKelvin and Goodwin.
They can return kicks and run in a track meet thats for sure.

Skooby
04-27-2013, 07:20 AM
Our offense can utilize speed guys, think 1999 St. Louis Rams.

stuckincincy
04-27-2013, 07:20 AM
Spiller just returned his last kick-off.
Goodwin will take that job over as Spiller will now become a much bigger part of the gameplan, unlike the last coaching staff that wouldn't use him enough.

I would say the Bills have the best relay team in the league with Spiller, Graham, McKelvin and Goodwin.
They can return kicks and run in a track meet thats for sure.

Well, they'll probably get a lot of opportunities... :;:

better days
04-27-2013, 08:03 AM
Well, they'll probably get a lot of opportunities... :;:

On PUNT returns.

justasportsfan
04-27-2013, 08:08 AM
anyone notice how good he can block for a small dude?

better days
04-27-2013, 08:16 AM
As fast as Austin & weighs 10 lbs more at 183 lbs.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-27-2013, 09:50 AM
hes seems very strong and tough, like his rb skills too. underrated pick imo

JediMindPowers
04-27-2013, 08:57 PM
Speed is great and all, but what about height? We have not one receiver over 6-2. These guys had better be jump ball aggressive or Manuel better have one hell of an accurate drop cylinder. Because we already know that Kolb and Jackson do not.

Then you gotta luv the Darick Rogers pickup. This kid was def the most aggressive WR in the draft.

- - - Updated - - -

Then you gotta luv the Darick Rogers pickup. This kid was def the most aggressive WR in the draft.

TigerJ
04-27-2013, 10:23 PM
As fast as Austin & weighs 10 lbs more at 183 lbs.Faster! Stronger too. He's just not developed as much, mostly because he ran track in the spring rather than practice with the football team in college.

Tatonka
04-27-2013, 10:25 PM
plus the kauffman kid, if he can stick, is 6-5 and the perfect jump ball guy to replace nelson.

Skooby
04-27-2013, 10:33 PM
Stevie has company now, big time.

kishoph
04-28-2013, 05:31 AM

I thought I heard him say in an interview, that he won a blocking award for receivers, don't know if it was a Big 12 award or school or what.

Kevin Elliott, 6'3" :idunno:

As fast as Austin & weighs 10 lbs more at 183 lbs.

Goodwin also has a 42" vertical, where Austin's is 32"

Goobylal
04-28-2013, 10:00 AM
Da'rick Rogers and Brandon Kaufman are also over 6'2".

Rob's House
04-28-2013, 10:24 AM
After watching him play I think this kid could be the steal of the draft. He's not your typical raw talent with potential; by all accounts he's a legit football player who has quickly and consistently improved his route running and ball skills over a relatively short period of time. If it clicks for him there's no one that could cover him.

RedEyE
04-28-2013, 10:38 AM

I didn't know much about him and thats the first thing I noticed too when watching video. Its the downfield blocking that can complety change a running game for a guy like Spiller when he explodes into the secondary. The TE they drafted has noticably similar blocking attributes.

jamze132
04-28-2013, 10:41 AM
If the kid is so good, why wasn't he drafted in RD1 or 2?

Tatonka
04-28-2013, 10:50 AM
because he had limited exposure. he was busy being an olympic athlete in the offseason, vs. football in the offseason like all the others. once this kid is 100% focused on football, he is every bit the talent that tavon austin is.. every bit the prospect prior to nfl production.

it was a great pick, and i am really looking forward to seeing this kid play for us.

trapezeus
04-28-2013, 11:13 AM
you have to get himbubble screens and you have to somehow have him match up in zone coverage. that td was insane. people are playing a deep zone and he blew by it.

he seems pretty raw. not being in the neighborhood of an poor pass, he didn't even make an adjustment, he just kept running. coaching has to help that.

i can't believe texas didn't have him return kicks. he's just incredibly fast. if he can run slants, he can hit the homerun whenever the ball is in his hands.

Goobylal
04-28-2013, 02:06 PM
If the kid is so good, why wasn't he drafted in RD1 or 2?
Good point. No one good comes from outside the top 2 rounds. :rolleyes:

BillsFan64
04-28-2013, 11:21 PM
Isn't that W.R. Brandon Kaufman from E. Washington 6'5?

JoeMama
04-28-2013, 11:25 PM
Goodwin ****ing sucks but he's better than nothing. Lots of players suck, but at least he's making an effort to suck less than his counterparts.

DraftBoy
04-29-2013, 06:47 AM
Isn't that W.R. Brandon Kaufman from E. Washington 6'5?

Yes and he runs far better than Nelson ever did.

justasportsfan
04-29-2013, 06:54 AM
Yes and he runs far better than Nelson ever did.

wow. Impressive nos. and can catch in traffic. Why wasn't he drafted? If Rogers doesn't stick, he could be a keeper

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T3j8_rXaYME" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

k-oneputt
04-29-2013, 07:25 AM
See what a say's in the corner of that red field ?

DraftBoy
04-29-2013, 07:31 AM
wow. Impressive nos. and can catch in traffic. Why wasn't he drafted? If Rogers doesn't stick, he could be a keeper

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T3j8_rXaYME" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mostly due to his injury from two years ago. Plus this WR class was insanely deep in the mid-later portion of it.

psubills62
04-29-2013, 08:28 AM
Kaufman looks like one of those kids you can just throw it up to, which is fine with me.

Goobylal
04-29-2013, 05:49 PM
The Bills could have an incredible WR corps if these guys pan out.

John Doe
04-29-2013, 07:13 PM
Would keeping 4 rookie wide receivers be unprecedented?

ublinkwescore
04-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Not after this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Not after this year.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-04-2013, 11:17 AM
In looking around at stuff on Goodwin I found this. It's apropos of nothing but made me lol

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1378939/SCARY-MARINE.gif

BillsU
05-04-2013, 11:40 AM
In looking around at stuff on Goodwin I found this. It's apropos of nothing but made me lol http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1378939/SCARY-MARINE.gif Is that Marine angry or happy? lol Either way his reaction is funny as hell.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Is that Marine angry or happy? lol Either way his reaction is funny as hell.

Apparently Goodwin was doing the "shhhhh" move to the Ole Miss crowd as he was coming into the endzone.

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2012/9/21/3369608/sbn-exclusive-ole-miss-marine-explains-outburst-at-marquise-goodwin

As he ran toward me, I could see him start to make the 'shhhhh' motion holding his hand up. I knew behind me was the Texas fan section, and he was staring straight ahead. So I'm thinking, well, I know he’s not 'shhhh-ing' his own people.

MARINES WILL NOT BE SILENCED! lol

Raptor
05-04-2013, 02:44 PM
Great straight line speed horrible agility, looks super stiff

Goobylal
05-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Great straight line speed horrible agility, looks super stiff
Um...no.

Meathead
05-05-2013, 05:39 AM
1. why is just about everyone dogging tj graham so badly. yeah he had some drop problems but he was also a rookie in an offense where his skills didnt fit. who knows which direction he will go from here but its entirely possible he could emerge in his second season in what looks to be a much better long ball offense

c. why is the assumption that tj & goodwin are akin to the same player or fill the same role. just bc they are smallish wrs doesnt mean they cant have different styles, and they do. sure it would be great to have a megatron but those are in very short supply, you can still craft and excellent offense with smaller but talented wrs

pretty exciting to have all this talent assembled at the position but its pretty raw. hoping for a bit of a miracle that marrone and co can pull a big surprise and put a playoff challenging team on the field, as unlikely as that is, and super green wrs could be the deciding factor one way or another

Meathead
05-05-2013, 05:43 AM
Apparently Goodwin was doing the "shhhhh" move to the Ole Miss crowd as he was coming into the endzone.

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2012/9/21/3369608/sbn-exclusive-ole-miss-marine-explains-outburst-at-marquise-goodwin

MARINES WILL NOT BE SILENCED! lol

that is utterly hilarious. awesome

kishoph
05-05-2013, 07:52 AM
1. why is just about everyone dogging tj graham so badly. yeah he had some drop problems but he was also a rookie in an offense where his skills didnt fit. who knows which direction he will go from here but its entirely possible he could emerge in his second season in what looks to be a much better long ball offense

c. why is the assumption that tj & goodwin are akin to the same player or fill the same role. just bc they are smallish wrs doesnt mean they cant have different styles, and they do. sure it would be great to have a megatron but those are in very short supply, you can still craft and excellent offense with smaller but talented wrs

pretty exciting to have all this talent assembled at the position but its pretty raw. hoping for a bit of a miracle that marrone and co can pull a big surprise and put a playoff challenging team on the field, as unlikely as that is, and super green wrs could be the deciding factor one way or another

Graham is really not that small, he's light up top, but at 6' he's 4 inches taller than Goodwin. I see Graham as more of an outside receiver than Goodwin, As far as Graham's season last year, I also believe that he wasn't used right, I got sick of seeing them go to him on quick outs when he had a CB draped all over him and Fitz couldn't hit him at all on the longer routes, many of them where Graham had beaten the corner.

JediMindPowers
09-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Too bad Goodwin got hurt.