View Full Version : Our WR's

The King
04-26-2013, 08:43 PM
Stevie Johnson
Robert Woods
TJ Graham
Marquise Goodwin
Marcus Easley

does this make anyone else really nervous... I'd like to see another solid contributor in this group.

swiper
04-26-2013, 08:44 PM
TO is available.

psubills62
04-26-2013, 08:52 PM
What do you mean by really nervous? Are you asking if I'm worried about a lack of proven production?

Ticks me off that they traded up to get Graham last year and now they're spending more picks just to replace him.

DraftBoy
04-26-2013, 08:53 PM
I expect them to add more WR's (not sure they draft another) but look for size guys.

The King
04-26-2013, 08:56 PM
What do you mean by really nervous? Are you asking if I'm worried about a lack of proven production?

Yes.

psubills62
04-26-2013, 08:56 PM
Thought these tweets seemed somewhat applicable:

@smartfootball: Not saying one better than other, but very telling insight into draft philosophy that Bills pick Marquise Goodwin and Steelers pick Wheaton

@smartfootball: Bills will lead the league in potential this season
@zachfguest: said no one ever.
@smartfootball: potential is different than results.

BillsU
04-26-2013, 08:58 PM
I expect them to add more WR's (not sure they draft another) but look for size guys. Probably obvious but I look for a lot of UDFA WR's.

psubills62
04-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Yes.
Not as much. Woods seems like a polished receiver, and rookie WR's can certainly contribute.

Heck, looks a lot better than when Gailey took over. Didn't we have a mostly unproven Stevie Johnson as our top guy that year? Then Donald Jones and David Nelson, both rookie UDFA's starting?

TedMock
04-26-2013, 09:01 PM
They will look for a big body, I'm sure. That is an inexperienced very fast group.

justasportsfan
04-26-2013, 09:01 PM
this offense is definitely being built for up tempo. I hope our offensive line can keep up

TacklingDummy
04-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Arron Maybin had a high upside and potential...we know how that ended.

psubills62
04-26-2013, 09:05 PM
@mikedrobot: what are your thoughts on Robert Woods?
@smartfootball: He has a shot to have a really productive career. Don't see him as a #1 WR but can be very dependable #2

Lexwhat
04-26-2013, 09:08 PM
Arron Maybin had a high upside and potential...we know how that ended.

Maybin was a 1st rounder, Goodwin is a 3rd rounder. Are you really trying to compare the two situations?

Buffalo Billy Bison
04-26-2013, 09:08 PM
Stevie Johnson
Robert Woods
TJ Graham
Marquise Goodwin
Marcus Easley

does this make anyone else really nervous... I'd like to see another solid contributor in this group.

Take your list and add Spiller and Jackson to it. Wow!

I would take Barkley, Nassib, Wilson, Bray, Scott or anyone who visited the Bills before the draft! Hedge my bet. Keep Kolb, Manuel, and one of these guys on the roster. Sorry Corp and Jackson!

Lexwhat
04-26-2013, 09:25 PM
I find it funny that people are getting upset over our 3rd round draft pick.

I am not saying that Goodwin is going to be any good, but don't people realize that after ~3 years, only about 25% of 3rd rounders are even legitimate starters in this league? Hell, go back to the last couple drafts and take a look at all the 3rd round picks that were taken. Beyond the 2nd round, the draft is an utter crap shoot.

An overall good draft would be finding 1 star player and 3 solid starters, regardless of what round they are found in.

2 star players and 2 solid starters is a downright amazing draft, and this is the rate of success that teams like the 49ers and Seahawks have shown over the past few years.

If I was a GM, I would go for BPA (and throw needs completely out the window) after Round 2. Round 3 and beyond is all about boom-or-bust, since the success rate of finding a starter after Round 2 exponentially decreases from 25%.

better days
04-26-2013, 10:57 PM
Stevie Johnson
Robert Woods
TJ Graham
Marquise Goodwin
Marcus Easley

The Bills will not run Chans offense anymore. We need TEs NOT anymore WRs.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-26-2013, 11:02 PM
I'm not upset about the draft although it is a small ball offense.

YardRat
04-26-2013, 11:04 PM
Pettine better work miracles with the holdovers from last season and the couple of FA's we signed, because he's certainly not getting any help in this draft. It's been all flash, no substance. I've had terrible flashbacks of Tom Donahoe the last two days, and they are not pretty.

Thief
04-26-2013, 11:07 PM
I'm not upset about the draft although it is a small ball offense.
they havent taken a snap yet.

justasportsfan
04-26-2013, 11:12 PM
you can't cover speed all day. One of them is going to get open. EJ is going to buy time with his legs. With Spiller in there as well, teams may have to pick their poison if Hackett plans this well.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-26-2013, 11:12 PM
they havent taken a snap yet.

That doesn't make them taller or stockier. Steve Johnson is our biggest body at 6'2 207 until Chandler comes back from injury.

YardRat
04-26-2013, 11:15 PM
you can't cover speed all day. One of them is going to get open. EJ is going to buy time with his legs. With Spiller in there as well, teams may have to pick their poison if Hackett plans this well.

Don't have to when the offensive line is a sieve, and it's tough to get open in 2-3 seconds regardless of how fast you are.

X-Era
04-26-2013, 11:27 PM
I like the looks of our WR corp now. I'd just like to add another possession type to the mix.

Ryan Swope, Kenny Stills, Marquess Wilson, Aaron Mellette

Swope isn't necessarily a possession guy but he's got size.

Bert102176
04-27-2013, 01:06 AM
After the draft I would try to sign dennis pitta it will cost us a third rounder next year if we sign him but would be worth it he is a very good TE

GingerP
04-27-2013, 01:15 AM
After the draft I would try to sign dennis pitta it will cost us a third rounder next year if we sign him but would be worth it he is a very good TE

The RFA signing period ended before the draft. Teams can not sign RFA anymore, so it is a moot point.

Also, he received a 2nd round tender.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-27-2013, 02:19 AM
i feel fine...

woods and goodwin are big talent upgrades over jones/nelson...

Cali512
04-27-2013, 05:25 AM
Pettine better work miracles with the holdovers from last season and the couple of FA's we signed, because he's certainly not getting any help in this draft. It's been all flash, no substance. I've had terrible flashbacks of Tom Donahoe the last two days, and they are not pretty.

Dude, Indi had a horrific D for 12 years. Lost Manning one year, kept alot of weapons on O, lost alot on D and still in the draft drafted all O the following season. I think we can all say Wanny was to blame for last year, all Pettine needs is a CB and hes set now

swiper
04-27-2013, 05:44 AM
Dude, Indi had a horrific D for 12 years. Lost Manning one year, kept alot of weapons on O, lost alot on D and still in the draft drafted all O the following season. I think we can all say Wanny was to blame for last year, all Pettine needs is a CB and hes set now

Really? ROFL. He needs a safety, a CB and more decent LBs. This LB core is unproven. If they get Dansby. It still needs a veteran presence. Someone more accomplished than friggin' Manny Lawson.

Night Train
04-27-2013, 05:50 AM
Stevie Johnson
Robert Woods
TJ Graham
Marquise Goodwin
Marcus Easley

does this make anyone else really nervous

The Pats,Jets and Fins DB's should be nervous with 2 legit route runners and 2 track guys going deep. You run a 4 WR set and no one can be doubled. Then you have Spiller in the backfield to boot. Obviously, Marrone has a vision to make this team blazing fast.

better days
04-27-2013, 06:00 AM
Don't have to when the offensive line is a sieve, and it's tough to get open in 2-3 seconds regardless of how fast you are.

Well, except the OL will be fine. As long as it stays healthy.

better days
04-27-2013, 08:38 AM
The Pats,Jets and Fins DB's should be nervous with 2 legit route runners and 2 track guys going deep. You run a 4 WR set and no one can be doubled. Then you have Spiller in the backfield to boot. Obviously, Marrone has a vision to make this team blazing fast.

I doubt you see 4 WR sets all that much this year. Marrone/Hackett like to run the ball much more than Chan did according to what I have read.

stuckincincy
04-27-2013, 08:50 AM
Really? ROFL. He needs a safety, a CB and more decent LBs. This LB core is unproven. If they get Dansby. It still needs a veteran presence. Someone more accomplished than friggin' Manny Lawson.

Indeed they do. Young legs and youthful enthusiasm are fine, but you have to have some savvy eyes to quickly pick up on things an offense pulls when the play clock starts.

ublinkwescore
04-27-2013, 09:16 AM
Stevie Johnson
Robert Woods
TJ Graham
Marquise Goodwin
Marcus Easley

I thought Easley was cut..

better days
04-27-2013, 09:18 AM
I thought Easley was cut..

No, in fact Nix said he expects Easley to compete for a starters job this year.