PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Nix and Doug Marrone comment on Day Two Draft picks

justasportsfan
04-26-2013, 10:04 PM
On WR Robert Woods:

BN: One of the leading lines on the reports on him is he was the most NFL ready of any of them and I expect that’s right.

On selecting a player (Kiko Alonso) with a prior incident and the team being known for no off-the-field issues:

BN: Well you’re right, we haven’t had a problem and we hadn’t had one with him either yet. Right now we’re still batting 100.

Q: Talk about Robert Woods playing against you at Syracuse and him as a player?

Doug Marrone: I think a lot of those catches that we talked about statistically. I got to see him really up close and personal, really getting to meet the young man. Obviously like Buddy said, in the workout very impressionable. The one thing that I was able to see, and Buddy touched on it a little bit, was the intangibles of him from leadership quality, from the toughness standpoint from that position. Talking to him, we use the term NFL ready. You’ve got to come in here and compete. He’s someone that can play all three positions, someone that can help you on special teams. I’m not talking about just necessarily a returner but someone that can help you in other areas of teams also. Again, I think he’s a high quality kid that has a lot of skill. He has to come in here and compete and he can help us score.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Buddy-Nix-and-Doug-Marrone-comment-on-Day-Two-Draft-picks/2d450d51-358d-4408-9c62-71d8aa295c78