PDA

View Full Version : 4th Round -- Shamarko Thomas?

Lexwhat
04-26-2013, 11:09 PM
My guess is we go Defense with the 4th Round pick -- specifically Strong Safety Shamarko Thomas. The guy is all heart, comes from Syracuse, and could really develop well under Doug Marrone. Both his parents died and he is the head of his family. I would be shocked if he didn't make it in the NFL because of lack of motivation. I'd love to have him.

Just for the record, Troy Polamalu is about the same size as Shamarko (one of the knocks on Thomas is that he's too short). Of course, I'm not comparing his overall skills to Polamalu, but it's worth mentioning.

What do you guys think?

YardRat
04-26-2013, 11:13 PM
I'd like that pick.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-27-2013, 02:39 AM
solid pick who plays with speed and fire... a pettine pick for sure

- - - Updated - - -

mentally tough, both parents passed a couple years ago for him, and he is now head of his family. a really good person!

clumping platelets
04-27-2013, 04:02 AM
No thanks.....prefer Barrett Jones, Jesse Williams, or William Gholston

jimbohastle51
04-27-2013, 10:05 AM
Phillip Thomas Fresno state is the best safety still available. A couple other nice prospects IMO in the next 2 rounds are 2 TE's, 2 DL.

TE Michael Williams Alabama- he can block and catch and would be a very nice second TE on this team.

TE Joseph Fauria UCLA- huge (6'7" 260lbs.) Great pass catcher. He is coming out of a west coast offense under an NFL head coach in Jim Mora.

OLB/DE Brandon Jenkins FSU- before an injury he was one of the best pass rushers in the nation. He is 6'2" and 255lbs. He would be a great fit in pettines hybrid defense cause he can play on his feet or with his hand in the dirt.

DT Jesse Williams Alabama- with branch here he wouldn't have to be pushed on the field a ton in his rookie year. He can play head up or be a gapper and play off the shoulder as a nose/DT also this kid can play end in the 3-4 in a pinch.

Another little nugget for you.... Do you honestly think marrone will let nassib go undrafted??? If it gets to the 5th or 6th round don't be surprised if he gets drafted by the bills. He could probably help EJ on the field just as much as he could off with film study and EJ being able to talk with him during practices and that makes him valuable more to 1 team. The bills.