PDA

View Full Version : Barrett Jones needs to be the 4th round pick tomorrow.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-26-2013, 11:22 PM
It makes too much sense. He's a four year starter on the Crimson Tide o-line, and has played a season at the right guard slot AND left tackle AND center. And he's won awards at all three positions, winning First team All-SEC as a sophomore, the Outland trophy (best lineman) as a junior at LT, and the Rimington trophy (Best Center) as a senior. He immediately slides in as a starter at Left Guard and has the versatility to move to any of the 3 interior positions as need be. He's excelled at everything he's been asked to do. Go get him.

X-Era
04-26-2013, 11:24 PM
He's a very good player, I'd like it a lot.

Don't sleep on Tretter. I could see us making that pick.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-26-2013, 11:26 PM
He's a very good player, I'd like it a lot.

Don't sleep on Tretter. I could see us making that pick.

Tertter looks great but Jones is such a prototype Nix pick I'm kinda shocked he's not a Bill already.

WagonCircler
04-26-2013, 11:36 PM
Bert Jones? That would be awesome! (A joke only old guys will get).

NOT THE DUDE...
04-27-2013, 02:37 AM
if medical is good, then yeah...

- - - Updated - - -

i personally want jesse williams or dion sims...

da'rick rogers too

stuckincincy
04-27-2013, 04:10 AM
It makes too much sense. He's a four year starter on the Crimson Tide o-line, and has played a season at the right guard slot AND left tackle AND center. And he's won awards at all three positions, winning First team All-SEC as a sophomore, the Outland trophy (best lineman) as a junior at LT, and the Rimington trophy (Best Center) as a senior. He immediately slides in as a starter at Left Guard and has the versatility to move to any of the 3 interior positions as need be. He's excelled at everything he's been asked to do. Go get him.

AFAIK, he has a serious foot injury.

clumping platelets
04-27-2013, 04:38 AM
No more WRs.....I like Jesse Williams and/or William Gholston. Instead of Jones, get Schwenke who can play C or G

Lone Stranger
04-27-2013, 05:47 AM

I agree and maybe, for once, we can trade up to make certain we get him. This hoarding of draft picks for a selection of unknowns bothers me since few of the later picks ever make it.

BillsU
04-27-2013, 06:02 AM
No more WRs.....I like Jesse Williams and/or William Gholston. Instead of Jones, get Schwenke who can play C or G Don't like Ghloston who's motor runs to hot and cold IMO.

tampabay25690
04-27-2013, 07:08 AM
Would be a very nice pick today!
Look for a possible Safety and TE as well

X-Era
04-27-2013, 07:11 AM
Would be a very nice pick today!
Look for a possible Safety and TE as well
Agreed.

This 4th rounder could be Shamarko Thomas.

But I just wonder if it may be a curve ball... Like taking Nassib or Marcus Lattimore.

I'd take a flyer on Dion Sims

Night Train
04-27-2013, 07:27 AM
Jones would be fine. Another LB and CB should also be in the mix.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-27-2013, 09:52 AM
gholston makes sense at this point in the draft, but good god we could use a bruising power/speed te like sims

cookie G
04-27-2013, 09:59 AM
No more WRs.....I like Jesse Williams and/or William Gholston. Instead of Jones, get Schwenke who can play C or G

I liked Scwenke in the Senior Bowl practices. He held up really well. Either he or Jones would be fine.

But now is the time. Take one of them this round.

DraftBoy
04-27-2013, 10:01 AM
His foot injury scares the crap out of me and he got walked back constantly this past season.

jwenger
04-27-2013, 10:02 AM
Looking ahead as to what Woods may or may not do it makes sense to get a center from
the best team and best conference in the land(Barrett Jones) just sayin---

DraftBoy
04-27-2013, 10:03 AM
Looking ahead as to what Woods may or may not do it makes sense to get a center from
the best team and best conference in the land(Barrett Jones) just sayin---

Yea but center was by far the worst of the three positions he played while at Bama.

cookie G
04-27-2013, 10:05 AM
Bert Jones? That would be awesome! (A joke only old guys will get).

Dumbass.

I saw this comment last night before bed...ended up watching old Lite Beer commercials on Youtube for the next 1/2 hour.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Otr5cd2K25E?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XqXz1F5Pm1w?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

clumping platelets
04-27-2013, 10:19 AM
Barrett Jones can play anywhere on the OL..........so he immediately upgrades depth.............if C was his worst then go with Schwenke who can play both C and G and be a hedge vs losing Wood as FA............I really would like Jesse Williams here in the 4th

NOT THE DUDE...
04-27-2013, 11:30 AM
just picked , ugh...

IlluminatusUIUC
04-27-2013, 11:31 AM
His foot injury scares the crap out of me and he got walked back constantly this past season.

He was voted the best center in the country. At this point in the draft you should be looking at a player's ceiling IMO and he's been excellent everywhere he's played. The injury sucks but players have come back from it.

Yea but center was by far the worst of the three positions he played while at Bama.

God willing, he wouldn't have to play center here.

- - - Updated - - -

just picked , ugh...

GACK! As I was typing out my reply.

cookie G
04-27-2013, 11:33 AM
He was voted the best center in the country. At this point in the draft you should be looking at a player's ceiling IMO and he's been excellent everywhere he's played. The injury sucks but players have come back from it.

God willing, he wouldn't have to play center here.

- - - Updated - - -

GACK! As I was typing out my reply.

Don't matter now. The Rams got him.

They're replacing the best O lineman on their roster with....practice squad fodder.