PDA

View Full Version : What about kicker?

Bone
04-27-2013, 08:55 AM
I hope I don't see Lindell out there, struggling to hit a 40 yard field goal.

BillsU
04-27-2013, 08:57 AM
I believe we brought in a kicker to compete with Lindell. That being said would love the kicker from Florida State. Then we could have the LS, P, K all from Florida State...lol

better days
04-27-2013, 09:01 AM
I hope I don't see Lindell out there, struggling to hit a 40 yard field goal.

Or reach the endzone on kickoffs. Time for him to go.

Skooby
04-27-2013, 09:01 AM
We have a kicker?

Bone
04-27-2013, 09:03 AM
He definitely needs a prosthetic leg for him to have a chance to make the roster.

BillsU
04-27-2013, 02:46 PM
I believe we brought in a kicker to compete with Lindell. That being said would love the kicker from Florida State. Then we could have the LS, P, K all from Florida State...lol Good call!lol:)

JohnnyGold
04-27-2013, 02:46 PM
I believe we brought in a kicker to compete with Lindell. That being said would love the kicker from Florida State. Then we could have the LS, P, K all from Florida State...lol

well. good news.

Skooby
04-27-2013, 02:52 PM
Best kicker in the draft, 5 for 6 on FG's over 50 yards during the past season.

justasportsfan
04-27-2013, 02:54 PM
Best kicker in the draft, 5 for 6 on FG's over 50 yards during the past season.

Your source didn't call you to tell you ahead that we're taking a kicker. huh?

BillsU
04-27-2013, 02:57 PM
Your source didn't call you to tell you ahead that we're taking a kicker. huh? He was busy with a customer who wanted a case of mad dog 20/20.

Albany,n.y.
If Hopkins is good in camp, I'd cut Lindell & give him a chance to get a job elsewhere.

BillsU
If Hopkins is good in camp, I'd cut Lindell & give him a chance to get a job elsewhere. Oh Lindell will be cut without a doubt IMO.

coastal
04-27-2013, 02:58 PM
Safeties and kickers...

yeah that's the ticket!

SpikedLemonade
04-27-2013, 03:00 PM
We have still not drafted a player that weighs over 240 lbs.

We are going to be very unhappy about our OL this year.

Skooby
04-27-2013, 03:06 PM
He was busy with a customer who wanted a case of mad dog 20/20.

I was busy with clients today, ironcially.

Novacane
04-27-2013, 03:26 PM
I was busy with clients today, ironcially.

McDonalds is pretty busy on Saturdays aren't they!

Later
04-27-2013, 03:29 PM
Safeties and kickers...

yeah that's the ticket!

And WR. This team is ridiculous.

Later
04-27-2013, 03:33 PM
We have still not drafted a player that weighs over 240 lbs.

We are going to be very unhappy about our OL this year.

And yet fans will blame injuries as the culprit once one of our starters go down, rather than recognizing that this FO never invests enough into the depth of the lines.

BillsU
04-27-2013, 03:49 PM
K Dustin Hopkins – 20 reps of 225 OLB Jamie Collins – 19 reps OLB Chase Thomas - 18 reps OLB Khaseem Greene – 17 reps LB/DE Damontre Moore – 12 reps

Bert102176
04-27-2013, 03:57 PM

Hell of a good call

SpikedLemonade
04-27-2013, 03:57 PM
And yet fans will blame injuries as the culprit once one of our starters go down, rather than recognizing that this FO never invests enough into the depth of the lines.

You lose 2 OGs from last year's roster and through FA and the draft, you do nothing to improve the situation?

Some poster told me that with 2 5th round drafted, 1 6th round drafted and an undrafted OG on the roster that we have plenty of talent and competition for the position.

Marrone will just "coach the up".

YardRat
04-27-2013, 04:40 PM
Apparently they are really high on guys currently on the roster.

Bone
04-27-2013, 04:57 PM
I know I'm taking Chris Johnson in fantasy...levitre and warmack on the line

ct bills fan
04-27-2013, 05:00 PM
You lose 2 OGs from last year's roster and through FA and the draft, you do nothing to improve the situation?

Some poster told me that with 2 5th round drafted, 1 6th round drafted and an undrafted OG on the roster that we have plenty of talent and competition for the position.

don't forget that there are quite a few quality free agents still out there that could be signed after the draft. I'm not talking the UDFAs, I'm talking players like Moore, from the Jets. I expect them to sign a CB, TE and a Guard form the free agent pool

Skooby
04-27-2013, 05:02 PM

Yeah, I'm working fries where the big bucks started rolling in.

cookie G
04-27-2013, 05:05 PM

They didn't let me down, it was as predictable as the sunrise.

Stay tuned for the "we're really happy with David Snow/Colin Brown until about week 3, when Buddy starts trolling practice squads.

JoeMama
04-27-2013, 05:37 PM
I love the Dustin Hopkins pick.

I was thinking to myself this morning about how nervous I get whenever Rian Lindell trots onto the field. And it's not like he's getting any younger.

So drafting Hopkins was a pleasant surprise.

coastal
04-27-2013, 05:40 PM
Why does one team like Tenn with a superstar running back go out and get the best FA guard and get another one in the first round of the draft?

and then another team with a superstar running back lets its best guard go via free agency along with his capable backup... and does nothing to replace either of them?

it's beyond weird with this team.

kishoph
04-27-2013, 06:16 PM
Why does one team like Tenn with a superstar running back go out and get the best FA guard and get another one in the first round of the draft?

and then another team with a superstar running back lets its best guard go via free agency along with his capable backup... and does nothing to replace either of them?

Probably because Tennessee is stupid enough to pay one guard over $8 Million dollars a year and spend a 1st round draft pick on another and the Bills know they don't have to spend a ton to put a guard that's going to be in between their 2 best linemen, when they have other needs.

cookie G
04-27-2013, 06:36 PM
Probably because Tennessee is stupid enough to pay one guard over $8 Million dollars a year and spend a 1st round draft pick on another and the Bills know they don't have to spend a ton to put a guard that's going to be in between their 2 best linemen, when they have other needs.

Damn straight. There's no sense in paying for quality lineman when you can get them from a Walmart dumpster.

SpikedLemonade
04-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Damn straight. There's no sense in paying for quality lineman when you can get them from a Walmart dumpster.

Speaking of our favourite out sourcer Wallmart, do you remember the great Wang draft pick. Where did he end up?

cookie G
04-27-2013, 07:01 PM

The 4th round was great.

OK, they got their QB, Woods fell in their laps. They got their sprinter.

Day 3 comes up....

staring at them is:

A) the all -Pac 10 center and the 2nd ranked center in the draft. A guy that's played all 3 positions on the line, a guy that held up very well against the DT's in the Senior Bowl;

B) the center and leader of the most dominant Oline in college football, perhaps the most dominant in the last decade. A guy that's won awards at each position on the Oline, including the Rimington award.

A perfect chance to replace your best Olineman with a talented player, and all it costs is a 4th round pick.

What? there's an alcoholic safety out there who averages 1.5 interceptions per year and who was suspended by his team 3 times?

Sign me up!

I literally laughed out loud when I saw the pick.

cookie G
04-27-2013, 07:05 PM
Speaking of our favourite out sourcer Wallmart, do you remember the great Wang draft pick. Where did he end up?

Walmart.

ServoBillieves
04-27-2013, 07:07 PM
The 4th round was great.

Day 3 comes up....

staring at them is:

A) the all -Pac 10 center and the 2nd ranked center in the draft. A guy that's played all 3 positions on the line, a guy that held up very well against the DT's in the Senior Bowl;

B) the center and leader of the most dominant Oline in college football, perhaps the most dominant in the last decade. A guy that's won awards at each position on the Oline, including the Rimington award.

A perfect chance to replace your best Olineman with a talented player, and all it costs is a 4th round pick.

What? there's an alcoholic safety out there who averages 1.5 interceptions per year and who was suspended by his team 3 times?

Sign me up!

I saw "alcoholic" and got gitty... what happened?

coastal
04-27-2013, 07:14 PM
The 4th round was great.

Day 3 comes up....

staring at them is:

Sign me up!

When CJ Spiller starts killing drives by dancing in the backfield and taking 4-5 yard losses, watch the horde turn on him

Chris Johnson is a good fantasy "sleeper" after a few down years.

ghz in pittsburgh
04-27-2013, 07:39 PM
Looks like the Bills will resign Wood. Given his injury history ...

kishoph
04-28-2013, 02:51 AM

So you want to replace our best O-lineman for no reason and ignore the fact that our best safety may not resign with the team and forgo the chance to possibly find his replacement because of problems he had almost 4 years ago when he was a teenager.
I literally laughed out loud when I saw your post.

Extremebillsfan247
04-28-2013, 06:17 AM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tm2i8F7bZeY" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe> <- Bills new kicker.

justasportsfan
04-28-2013, 06:32 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/spefBglOlNA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

justasportsfan
04-28-2013, 06:36 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T2wL9pyRYKk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Historian
04-28-2013, 06:41 AM
Just a word about Andy for a minute.

When we dined with eric Wood the other day, I asked him if he missed Andy.

His response to me was "Dude he was a groomsman at my wedding, but he got a Will Wolford type offer that the Bills simply could not match without throwing off their entire salary structure."

That being said, I fully expected them to draft a lineman or two, as opposed to alcoholic linebackers and safeties, and kickers.

Again, when this team thinks they're smarter than every other team, it usually blows up in their faces.

coastal
04-28-2013, 06:43 AM
Lindell is as good as gone.

Historian
04-28-2013, 07:05 AM
And it was either Eb or Clump that asked Wood if the Bills had approached he or his agent about a new deal, and the answer was flat out no.

YardRat
04-28-2013, 08:03 AM
The 4th round was great.

Day 3 comes up....

staring at them is:

Sign me up!

I know you and I don't see eye-to-eye on d-backs or the Levitre situation, but I agree with this post 100%. I'm 'OK' with rounds 1, 2, 6 and 7, but completely ignoring the big guys in the third, fourth and fifth in favor of a waterbug and a couple of really questionable safeties when there was still some quality o-linemen on the board is a travesty.

better days
04-28-2013, 08:25 AM

Amazing how many people like the crap they sell. There was a time that fast food in America was GOOD, but no longer. McDonalds, KFC, Burger King they all sell CRAP now.

better days
04-28-2013, 08:27 AM
I know you and I don't see eye-to-eye on d-backs or the Levitre situation, but I agree with this post 100%. I'm 'OK' with rounds 1, 2, 6 and 7, but completely ignoring the big guys in the third, fourth and fifth in favor of a waterbug and a couple of really questionable safeties when there was still some quality o-linemen on the board is a travesty.

Before the draft, Nix said the Bills were happy with OL guys already under contract to the Bills. Looks like he wasn't lying about that.

jamze132
04-28-2013, 11:18 AM
You guys are way off topic here! We got the best kicker in the draft. We'll get the oportunity to get 3pts outside of 40yds instead of having to go for it or punting. WOOHOO!

gebobs
04-28-2013, 11:22 AM

He's on the Eagles.

cookie G
04-28-2013, 01:47 PM
So you want to replace our best O-lineman for no reason

Best Olineman on the team leaves...but there's no reason to replace him.

Ok..I see what I'm dealing with here.

I literally laughed out loud when I saw your post.

And here's French Stewart, grinning like an idiot...what's your answer my friend?

$ Texas

cookie G
04-28-2013, 02:02 PM
I know you and I don't see eye-to-eye on d-backs or the Levitre situation,

What? We don't? :)

but I agree with this post 100%. I'm 'OK' with rounds 1, 2, 6 and 7, but completely ignoring the big guys in the third, fourth and fifth in favor of a waterbug and a couple of really questionable safeties when there was still some quality o-linemen on the board is a travesty.

I didn't think it was bad draft until then. Anyone who didn't think they were taking a QB in 1 or 2...well that wasn't happening. At least outwardly, they put in their due diligence. We were lucky to get Woods, couldn't be happier there. Goodwin is more of a gimmick than an everydown receiver, but 1) he's a hell of a gimmick and 2) they drafted an every down receiver in round 2.

The bigger issue I saw, which is what I said during the Levitre non-negotiations was...what are they going to do to replace him?

It is what I suspected, they aren't. Maybe Moore gets signed, but I suspect they would have done it by now. I think there is a stubborness about them..."we'll show you, we can find anyone. "

I wasn't shocked yesterday.

JoeMama
04-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Just a word about Andy for a minute.

When we dined with eric Wood the other day, I asked him if he missed Andy.

His response to me was "Dude he was a groomsman at my wedding, but he got a Will Wolford type offer that the Bills simply could not match without throwing off their entire salary structure."

That being said, I fully expected them to draft a lineman or two, as opposed to alcoholic linebackers and safeties, and kickers.

Again, when this team thinks they're smarter than every other team, it usually blows up in their faces.

I give this post a non-ironic "cool story, bro."

Eric Wood seems like a cool guy. I think he's the most naturally gifted lineman we'd had the last four years, even over Andy Levitre.

He'll be a pro-bowler if the football gods see fit to not sideline him with yet another freak injury.

I don't consider him injury prone in the usual sense. He's not sidelined by nagging, reoccurring health problems like most guys. Something random and catastrophic happens every year. Stuff that's beyond his control to prevent.

BillsFever21
04-29-2013, 03:10 PM
He is a hell of a kicker and was probably the best in the nation. It was obvious especially all of the wide right missed FG's that crushed FSU's championship hopes for many years. He is very accurate and has a hell of a leg. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the team and beats out Lindell.

This front office certainly likes FSU players over the past few years. What's this about the 6th player or so over the past few years we've gotten from FSU. Hopefully my college team makes an impact on my professional team.

ServoBillieves
04-29-2013, 03:16 PM
Our kicker, punter, and long snapper are from FSU.

Ha... HAHAHA

gebobs
04-29-2013, 06:41 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the team and beats out Lindell.I think the odds of that are pretty good. I give Lindell about a 2% chance.

BillsFever21
04-29-2013, 06:47 PM
I think the odds of that are pretty good. I give Lindell about a 2% chance.

Lindell has been a good kicker for us since we picked him up. He's getting up there in age and he has lost a lot of leg over the past few years though. He's still money though from 40 yards or so.

If this kid shows anything in training camp then they at the very least they need to keep him on the roster if he doesn't replace Lindell. We have a new coach and a young team anyway which isn't winning anytime soon. Kicker is an important part of the team and if it looks like he can be the long term answer for us then he needs to stay. Even if there were some growing pains early on it would be worth it in the long run.

I'd rather get a young kicker acclimated to the NFL and kicking in Buffalo while we're rebuilding then trying to insert a new one a couple years from now when Lindell would definitely be finished. Hopefully by that time Hopkins would be in his groove and our team will be turning the corner. Either way we need a good kicker for the future and Hopkins was awesome in college.

BillsU
04-29-2013, 06:57 PM
Lindell has been a good kicker for us since we picked him up. He's getting up there in age and he has lost a lot of leg over the past few years though. He's still money though from 40 yards or so. If this kid shows anything in training camp then they at the very least they need to keep him on the roster if he doesn't replace Lindell. We have a new coach and a young team anyway which isn't winning anytime soon. Kicker is an important part of the team and if it looks like he can be the long term answer for us then he needs to stay. Even if there were some growing pains early on it would be worth it in the long run. I'd rather get a young kicker acclimated to the NFL and kicking in Buffalo while we're rebuilding then trying to insert a new one a couple years from now when Lindell would definitely be finished. Hopefully by that time Hopkins would be in his groove and our team will be turning the corner. Either way we need a good kicker for the future and Hopkins was awesome in college. What's crazy is Hopkins wasn't even the first Kicker off the board, Miami took the kicker out of Florida.

superbills
04-29-2013, 06:58 PM
I think if you take the time to draft a kicker, then you pretty much have to give him more than a cursory look. I mean you drafted...a kicker...before round 7. If you do that, you better damn well find out if the guy can be here long term.

gebobs
04-29-2013, 07:45 PM
Lindell has been a good kicker for us since we picked him up. He's getting up there in age and he has lost a lot of leg over the past few years though. He's still money though from 40 yards or so.
No doubt. No one has been a bigger defender of Lindell here or on The Range than me. Lindell is what he is. Average. Which ain't bad considering his age.

But money from inside the 40 isn't good enough in today's game. Lindell was 93% from <40. Ten kickers were 100% putting Lindell squarely in the middle of the pack with nine that were 90-95%.

Outside that range, he was a respectable 78%, again middle of the pack, though most of those were from inside the 45. Lindell can't be counted on past that. Never could.

I'd rather get a young kicker acclimated to the NFL and kicking in Buffalo while we're rebuilding then trying to insert a new one a couple years from now when Lindell would definitely be finished.
Concur. That's why I think Lindell is done. The Lions signed Akers. Lindell could replace him in a heartbeat. Or even another 6th round pick from a few years ago...Mason Crosby with Green Bay.

Frenchman
04-29-2013, 07:52 PM
Lindell I think is history as his time in Buffalo has ended. And really when Moorman was replaced last year, it kind of signal an end of an era to him and now Lindell. Time for a new change. Plus Hopkins can get it in the endzone it seems more than Lindell would have!