PDA

View Full Version : Should the Bills rectify the MASSIVE mistake they made in Round 1 by taking...

Raptor
04-27-2013, 09:03 AM
Wilson, Barkley, or Nassib today?

The brutal honesty hurts but there is no way EJ is a franchise QB. Florida State won games with defense and Despite EJ. I mean lets be real, the guy said Florida St ran a complicated offense. If he thinks that was complicated his mind is going to be blown in the NFL and its telling me he doesnt have the football IQ to make it on this level

The Bills though have been handed a great opportunity make up for that mistake, are they smart enough to take it?

coastal
04-27-2013, 09:05 AM
Matt scott

SpikedLemonade
04-27-2013, 09:05 AM
Whatever.

ServoBillieves
04-27-2013, 09:06 AM
What a waste of bandwidth... Idiot post of the year.

Raptor
04-27-2013, 09:08 AM
What a waste of bandwidth... Idiot post of the year.

let me guess, you were a big JP Losman fan? Still have the jersey and the hope he pans out?

justasportsfan
04-27-2013, 09:11 AM
And these guys that are still available are better? Why are they still available?

ublinkwescore
04-27-2013, 09:12 AM

The brutal honesty hurts but there is no way EJ is a franchise QB. Florida State won games with defense and Despite EJ. I mean lets be real, the guy said Florida St ran a complicated offense. If he thinks that was complicated his mind is going to be blown in the NFL and its telling me he doesnt have the football IQ to make it on this level

The Bills though have been handed a great opportunity make up for that mistake, are they smart enough to take it?

Troll much?

mjt328
04-27-2013, 09:14 AM
I would be all for grabbing another QB and letting Kolb/TJax fight for the 3rd spot.

DraftBoy
04-27-2013, 09:15 AM
They'll add another QB via UDFA to compete with Corp, they are not going to draft another one.

SquishDaFish
04-27-2013, 09:25 AM
Would love the taking of Nassib just in case Manuel doesnt work out. And to add more competition. But you CANNOT Say Manuel is not a franchise QB. That is the idiot post of the year and just lost any respect as a poster you had IF you had any

Raptor
04-27-2013, 09:25 AM
And these guys that are still available are better? Why are they still available?

Why was R.Wilson still there last year? Guys get over looked and dropped for various reasons

- - - Updated - - -

Troll much?

Nice add to the convo, very insightful

Skooby
04-27-2013, 09:26 AM
This is like your opinion man.

ServoBillieves
04-27-2013, 09:27 AM
let me guess, you were a big JP Losman fan? Still have the jersey and the hope he pans out?

Yes, I hope JP Losman pans out. Continue?

stuckincincy
04-27-2013, 09:28 AM
I would be all for grabbing another QB and letting Kolb/TJax fight for the 3rd spot.

I'm still scratching my head over taking two wide receivers amongst their first 4 picks.

Raptor
04-27-2013, 09:28 AM
I like the fact that the people who really liked this guy seem to be the people who never seen him play.

Where are all the people yelling and begging the Bills to take this guy before he was selected?

I only remember a very small pocket of people and then after that selection a mob of people declaring "yea, thats who I wanted"

justasportsfan
04-27-2013, 09:34 AM
Why was R.Wilson still there last year? Guys get over looked and dropped for various reasons

- - - Updated - - -

Nice add to the convo, very insightful[/QUOTE]
Were you one of the guys that knew Wilson would be as good as he was? No. So what makes you the expert that says Ej was a mistake. He very well could be but just wanted to see your credentials

BLeonard
04-27-2013, 09:37 AM
Which would have been the bigger mistake....?

A: Trading back, getting 2 extra picks and still getting the guy you want
B: Drafting a guy #8 overall that is still available in the 4th Round

I'm not saying getting Manuel was the right pick, per se, but it's obviously the QB they wanted and with Nassib and Barkley, among other QB's, still on the board in the 4th round, it makes those who wanted one of those guys at #8 overall look pretty silly.

-Bill

Albany,n.y.
04-27-2013, 09:44 AM
I like the fact that the people who really liked this guy seem to be the people who never seen him play.

Where are all the people yelling and begging the Bills to take this guy before he was selected?

I only remember a very small pocket of people and then after that selection a mob of people declaring "yea, thats who I wanted"

So you've seen him play-big friggin' deal. Did you go over hours of film on all the QBs? Did you hold an in depth interview with him & all the other ranked QBs? Have you ever been employed by an NFL team in any capacity?
Well the guys who made the decision looked at hours of film on all the QBs, held in depth interviews with him and probably talked with his coaches as well, and have NFL resumes that put you to shame. Therefore, I will trust their opinion over your opinion every time. After doing all that work they chose Manuel. You sat in your living room, got PO'd and then posted garbage on your computer without ever meeting the guy you criticize, all because you have "seen him play".

Raptor
04-27-2013, 09:45 AM
Were you one of the guys that knew Wilson would be as good as he was? No. So what makes you the expert that says Ej was a mistake. He very well could be but just wanted to see your credentials[/QUOTE]

Actually I was, had him only behind Luck and RGIII. He actually won games in college, he didnt need to rely on his defense to do it form him with the instructions to not F it up

Raptor
04-27-2013, 09:46 AM
So you've seen him play-big friggin' deal. Did you go over hours of film on all the QBs? Did you hold an in depth interview with him & all the other ranked QBs? Have you ever been employed by an NFL team in any capacity?
Well the guys who made the decision looked at hours of film on all the QBs, held in depth interviews with him and probably talked with his coaches as well, and have NFL resumes that put you to shame. Therefore, I will trust their opinion over your opinion every time. After doing all that work they chose Manuel. You sat in your living room, got PO'd and then posted garbage on your computer without ever meeting the guy you criticize, all because you have "seen him play".

Ah yes the famous "you're not employed by an NFL team so you have no idea" argument

All I have to say is Jeremy Green was once a head scout for an NFL team. He was is horrible, so please save that weak ass argument for someone who doesnt know how dumb it is

RedEyE
04-27-2013, 09:50 AM
Massive mistake? Based on what data? Kind of a dickish thing to say. Give the guy a ****ing chance. Just because he's not your premier choice does it make it a massive mistake. He has just as good of a chance as the rest of this QB draft class.

jwenger
04-27-2013, 09:51 AM

Dude you are talkin smack with your "brutal honesty"

justasportsfan
04-27-2013, 09:53 AM
Actually I was, had him only behind Luck and RGIII. He actually won games in college, he didnt need to rely on his defense to do it form him with the instructions to not F it up

I'd like to see your full assessment please

Albany,n.y.
04-27-2013, 10:01 AM
Ah yes the famous "you're not employed by an NFL team so you have no idea" argument

All I have to say is Jeremy Green was once a head scout for an NFL team. He was is horrible, so please save that weak ass argument for someone who doesnt know how dumb it is

You have no clue how dumb you look saying you know more than the people who have had personal interactions with the player chosen? So even though you're not employed by the NFL, did you do the due diligence that they did? When you can post the results of your interview with Manuel and his private workout for you, I might take you a little more seriously. Otherwise you're just a fan with a half baked opinion. I've learned one thing about the draft-everyone is wrong about players-a lot. The professionals who are bad get fired, the amateurs aren't risking anything & can complain without consequence when they are wrong.
After following the NFL for about 50 years, I've been humbled enough to realize that until I start interviewing players, attend their workouts & spend hours watching film, I don't know spit about player evaluations. I hope some day you can reach the same conclusion before you start whining about a massive mistake based on your worthless opinion. I admit my opinions on the draft are as worthless as your opinions are & that's why I'll refrain from criticizing people who have worked their asses off trying to get the right QB for the Bills.

pmoon6
04-27-2013, 10:10 AM
I love guys that actually think they know something. They call them "prospects" for a reason. That's why the draft and player evaluation is an inexact science. You had fans jumping Spillers **** just a year ago. "Bust" "Wasted pick".

C.J. says "How you like me now, baby".

Threads like this predicting a player sucks or will not work out are way premature, but I guess in the rush to be the first to be "right", the assmunches have to run their mouths'. I guess it makes their pitiful existence tolerable. Too bad they didn't have that same passion to work hard and be drafted in the NFL. But sit on the sideline, tell everyone how bad this player or that player is even before he takes an NFL snap.

leper65
04-27-2013, 10:31 AM
If they take another QB in this draft I'd be surprised if it were Barkley or Nassib. The media would make that into a circus/QB controversy. Matt Scott or Dysert in rd 5 or 6 I could see. Wouldn't mind a flyer on Lattimore in those rounds either.

Beebe's Kid
04-27-2013, 10:35 AM
If they take another QB in this draft I'd be surprised if it were Barkley or Nassib. The media would make that into a circus/QB controversy. Matt Scott or Dysert in rd 5 or 6 I could see. Wouldn't mind a flyer on Lattimore in those rounds either.

The media would have to pay attention for this circus you speak of.

better days
04-27-2013, 10:43 AM
The media would have to pay attention for this circus you speak of.

The Bills have gotten a LOT of attention from the media since the hiring of Marrone.

streetkings01
04-27-2013, 10:49 AM
I'm still scratching my head over taking two wide receivers amongst their first 4 picks.
Probably because outside of Stevie Johnson every WR on our roster is an enigma.

Graham - below avg to avg rookie year
Easley - cant get on the field due to medical
Smith - converted QB
Dickerson - TE in college now converted to
WR
Everyone else - no NFL experience

Now you know why we took 2 WRS early

Ingtar33
04-27-2013, 10:54 AM
But you CANNOT Say Manuel is not a franchise QBy

I'll Say It.

Manuel is not a franchise QB. He might be a serviceable QB, if he hits his potential he MIGHT be a 1 or 2 time probowl QB (Doug Fluite made the probowl), but no one will ever call him a franchise QB. He's got career 80QBR written all over him

I put it in writing so you can dig this post up if I'm wrong.

SquishDaFish
04-27-2013, 11:02 AM
I'll Say It.

Manuel is not a franchise QB. He might be a serviceable QB, if he hits his potential he MIGHT be a 1 or 2 time probowl QB (Doug Fluite made the probowl), but no one will ever call him a franchise QB. He's got career 80QBR written all over him

You dont know anything until you see him play in the NFL. That is my point its premature to say it tight now., And I will dig it up if your wrong trust me

IlluminatusUIUC
04-27-2013, 11:10 AM
Probably because outside of Stevie Johnson every WR on our roster is an enigma.

Graham - below avg to avg rookie year
Easley - cant get on the field due to medical
Smith - converted QB
Dickerson - TE in college now converted to
WR
Everyone else - no NFL experience

Now you know why we took 2 WRS early

Yeah behind Johnson the rest of our wideouts combined have less than 150 career catches. We definitely needed a talent infusion there and I'm glad they finally addressed the offense this draft.

W/r/t the OP, yes I'm always onboard with taking a 2nd QB. Nassib seems like the logical choice because of the Marrone connection but Matt Scott seems like the closest match to EJ's skillset. Some teams like having similar style QBs as the starter and backup.

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2013, 11:12 AM

I just hate bills fans....

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2013, 11:13 AM
I'll Say It.

why?

ServoBillieves
04-27-2013, 11:16 AM
why?

So that if he's right he can revel in the fact he finally got something right. It's a sad, sad attempt for recognition.

imbondz
04-27-2013, 11:29 AM
I respect Ingtar's opinions tho.

If we drafted Kaepernick we all would have been saying wtf too. So we just don't know.

doug45
04-27-2013, 11:30 AM

Good Post !!!! I look at the other posts here and didn't know childish insults were now allowed.

X-Era
04-27-2013, 11:30 AM
They'll add another QB via UDFA to compete with Corp, they are not going to draft another one.I would not be shocked if it's Bray... I could see him not being drafted.

pmoon6
04-27-2013, 11:32 AM
I just hate bills fans....Well, there are two kinds of Bills' Fans. The ones that have followed and supported them for a long time and the Anti-Fans that started following them during the early '90's, got spoiled and now cry like little girls.

Face it. The Bills and the Lions are the Cubs and Red Sox of the NFL.

The Sox finally won a championship and so will we.

BertSquirtgum
04-27-2013, 11:38 AM
This thread is a ******.

Night Train
04-27-2013, 11:45 AM
Anything you say, superscout.

And your solution is selecting a guy who wasn't picked by anone the first 2 days.

This place gets dumber by the minute.

kingJofNYC
04-27-2013, 11:49 AM
You cant rectify the pick by adding another QB that may not be very good either.

Rectify it by firing the fools that made it. What a nutty draft.

Ingtar33
04-27-2013, 11:52 AM
I respect Ingtar's opinions tho.

If we drafted Kaepernick we all would have been saying wtf too. So we just don't know.

I would have been fine with Kaepernick in round 2... if we took him in round 1 i would have been a bit skeptical... and though it weakens my point, i probably would have been better with Manuel in round 2. I think we overdrafted him by a lot. And because of that overdrafting i see a lot of guys around here building some sort of unreasonable expectations for him.

he's not a first round QB, he's just an overdrafted 2nd rounder.

BertSquirtgum
04-27-2013, 11:56 AM
I'll Say It.

When you're wrong.

better days
04-27-2013, 11:58 AM
I would have been fine with Kaepernick in round 2... if we took him in round i would have been a bit skeptical... and though it weakens my point, i probably would have been better with Manuel in round 2. I think we overdrafted him by a lot. And because of that overdrafting i see a lot of guys around here building some sort of unreasonable expectations for him.

he's not a first round QB, he's just an overdrafted 2nd rounder.

If he becomes a franchise QB, he would have been worth the first pick in the draft for the Bills. If not, then he would not even be worth a 2nd rnd pick. NOBODY knows how good or bad he will be YET.

TacklingDummy
04-27-2013, 12:01 PM

Bravo to the Jets and Eagles pressuring the Bills into wasting their 1st round pick on EJ. They had no desire in drafting him.

Bravo to EJ for conning his way into the 1st round.

A job well done guys.

:clap:

MikeInRoch
04-27-2013, 12:01 PM

In your opinion, was there a Franchise QB to be had in this draft?

MikeInRoch
04-27-2013, 12:02 PM
Bravo to the Jets and Eagles pressuring the Bills into wasting their 1st round pick on EJ. They had no desire in drafting him.

Bravo to you for thinking you know something that you don't actually know.

better days
04-27-2013, 12:05 PM

A job well done guys.

The GREAT QB conspiracy of 2013. Someone find Zapruder.

streetkings01
04-27-2013, 12:05 PM

A job well done guys.

:clap:Shaun King said he conned his way into the 1st round...........how did he do that........care to explain?

TacklingDummy
04-27-2013, 12:07 PM
Bravo to you for thinking you know something that you don't actually know.

Something I do know, EJ will suck, in 3 years (or sooner) the Bills will be drafting another QB.

You can take that to the bank.

Miss Cleo called me and told me so.

Mouldsie
04-27-2013, 12:09 PM
I am not high on Manuel either.... Hoping for the best but wouldnt mind insurance this year or next.

Ingtar33
04-27-2013, 12:17 PM
In your opinion, was there a Franchise QB to be had in this draft?

nope.

most likely to succeed as an nfl started is Geno Smith... Barkley has an outside chance... Manuel has the measurables to be a franchise guy... just don't think that he has the intangibles.

justasportsfan
04-27-2013, 02:02 PM
this is what Raptor said before
Re: If Bills Draft QB in 2013 who will it be?

Id take Tyler Wilson but he's going top 5 so hopefully we are not high enough to pick him

Raptor wasn't far. Wilson went to the raiders 15th ...... IN THE 4TH Rd.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-27-2013, 02:12 PM
nope.

most likely to succeed as an nfl started is Geno Smith... Barkley has an outside chance... Manuel has the measurables to be a franchise guy... just don't think that he has the intangibles.

That was true on Thursday before he became a Jet. Now he's a bust and a bum :D

TacklingDummy
04-27-2013, 03:01 PM
Shaun King said he conned his way into the 1st round...........how did he do that........care to explain?

Florida State quarterback E.J. Manuel said earlier today he was feeling good about his chances, and when asked specifically about the Eagles, replied: “They want me pretty bad.”

“But I think it’s just a matter of who takes me first, because I know the Eagles may want me, the Cleveland Browns may want me, the Buffalo Bills and the Jets,” Manuel said, via Geoff Mosher of CSNPhilly.com. “I think those are all sequential picks, you know what I mean, within those top 13 picks or whatever. I’m just hoping one team loves me, because really, that’s all you need, one team to fall in love with you.”

Well played Eagles, Jets, Browns, and EJ, well played.

MikeInRoch
04-27-2013, 03:27 PM
And again, you don't actually know that those other teams didn't want him...

But let's just keeping making **** up because it justifies my opinion.

DynaPaul
04-27-2013, 03:42 PM
I love how all the homers are getting offended and buying the Chris Brown hoopla. The pick just wasn't that good.

Novacane
04-27-2013, 04:00 PM
I love how all the homers are getting offended and buying the Chris Brown hoopla. The pick just wasn't that good.

You don't know that just like the "homers" don't know it was a good pick. Some of us are just willing to give the kid a chance instead of declaring him a bust before he takes 1 snap.

TacklingDummy
04-27-2013, 05:57 PM

RJ= Johnsonites
JP= Lickers
Trent= Trentards
EJ= Mancrushers

BertSquirtgum
04-27-2013, 06:01 PM

I love how all the realist hate the pick and cry about the Bills 24-7. Pussies.

DynaPaul
04-28-2013, 12:16 PM
You don't know that just like the "homers" don't know it was a good pick. Some of us are just willing to give the kid a chance instead of declaring him a bust before he takes 1 snap.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'll be rooting for him to succeed but I'm not liking this choice. I'm just not ready to anoint the guy and declare our QB search over like some fans are... Before he even takes one snap.

SquishDaFish
04-28-2013, 12:23 PM
NOONE is saying he is a definite franchise QB. All the ones who are liking the pick are saying is its ABOUT TIME they select QB as a PRIORITY! And seeing he is the one they wanted he needs to be given a chance from us fans. Put the bust label on him if he fails over time

PromoTheRobot
04-28-2013, 12:43 PM

Ha ha ha ha ha. This post should be carved in granite.

PTR

Generalissimus Gibby
04-28-2013, 12:54 PM

I'm just curious, which QB in this class would be any better. It speaks volumes about the weakness of the QBs available in this class that only two were selected in the top two rounds and that the rest fell to the fourth and fifth rounds. Would I have traded down again and perhaps picked my guy at the tail end of the first or even early second? Perhaps. That being said, I don't necessarily see EJ having BUST written all over him. Nassib doesn't really have a future in the game. Wilson, I feel sorry for because the Raiduhs will destroy his career before it even starts. Barkley is just as much of a development project. Geno Smith is the same as EJ, but with even less potential. This was a ****ty year for QB. As such, your thread is bad and you should feel bad.

Ingtar33
04-29-2013, 08:02 AM
well, this class wasn't any worse than the 2007 class... the only difference is the teams that needed QBs decided to use the draft to get them and Al Davis was still alive so a workout warrior went number one...