• Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Jonathan Meeks

Two things:

1) S is now full.

2) Seems like possibly a reach. But it's the 5th round so reach doesn't really matter as much.

Kiper and McShay both had UDFA grades on him. It will be interesting to see what the Bills think and why they took him.

• kingJofNYC
    • Sep 2009

Re: Jonathan Meeks

Tony Pauline likes him according to his twitter feed, comments

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2013/S/Jonathan-Meeks

Personally hate the pick, S may be full in terms of bodies, but we have no clue if any of these guys can actually play. Better players were available. Hope he's a true sleeper, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by kingJofNYC; 04-27-2013, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• jwenger
      snoopy the dog
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
      Tony Pauline's likes him according to his twitter feed, comments

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2013/S/Jonathan-Meeks

Personally hate the pick, S may be full in terms of bodies, but we have no clue if any of these guys can actually play. Better players were available. Hope he's a true sleeper, but I doubt it.
      We had a pretty good draft as far as needs go until now. It seems we always
      start to "lose it" when it comes to the 5th,6th and 7th rounds. We should of
      taken SWOPE and had a great receiving corps.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

I heard McShay only got 1 pick right in the first round. Is this true?
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• kingJofNYC
          • Sep 2009

More info

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jwenger View Post

Buddy is tired by this time in the draft.

Comment

• The Jokeman
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
              Two things:

1) S is now full.

2) Seems like possibly a reach. But it's the 5th round so reach doesn't really matter as much.

Kiper and McShay both had UDFA grades on him. It will be interesting to see what the Bills think and why they took him.

Tell that to Kyle Williams about reaching in the 5th Round. I'm not saying that Meeks will be a Kyle Williams but if you think it's better reach later in the draft is just foolish. It's not just making bad picks in the early rounds that has costs the Bills making the playoffs the last 13 years.

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                Tell that to Kyle Williams about reaching in the 5th Round. I'm not saying that Meeks will be a Kyle Williams but if you think it's better reach later in the draft is just foolish. It's not just making bad picks in the early rounds that has costs the Bills making the playoffs the last 13 years.
                Please re-read. 5th to UDFA isn't much of a reach. And this is the stage where team will take guys they like and the rankings can vary greatly.

Comment

• Prov401
                  President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                  • Aug 2008

Hoping for Da'Rick Rogers.

Comment

• kishoph
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                    I heard McShay only got 1 pick right in the first round. Is this true?
                    That's what I heard also, but he's an "expert."

Comment

• gonzo1105
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jwenger View Post
                      I'll say this again to everyone who *****es about certain things like this. If Ryan Swope is so great like you think, why have 32 professionally paid scouting staffs of 10 plus people passed on him through 172 picks of the NFL draft? The only reason why you want Swope so bad is because you've heard from the media about how fantastic this guy is for months when the scouts have other opinions of him.

Comment

• mjt328
                        • May 2011

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                        I agree completely. Every pick should be used to its absolute fullest potential.

Seattle took a falling 1st/2nd round prospect only six picks before we drafted a guy everyone expected to be an UDFA.

Nix seems to fall in love with late-round or undrafted fliers, then panics and takes them way to early. When he first took over in 2010, I was more willing to trust his eye for talent. But four drafts later (after watching NONE of these fliers work out), I'm convinced Nix
                        2013 "My Should Have" Draft
                        Posted During the 2013 Draft
                        1 - (16): Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
                        2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
                        2 - (46): Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
                        3 - (78): Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
                        4 - (105): Barrett Jones, OG, Alabama
                        5 - (143): Brandon Jenkins, LB, Florida State
                        6 - (177): Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
                        7 - (222): Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

2013 Buddy Nix Draft
                        1 - (16): E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
                        2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
                        2 - (46): Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
                        3 - (78): Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
                        4 - (105): Duke Williams, FS, Nevada
                        5 - (143): Jonathan Meeks, SS, Clemson
                        6 - (177): Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
                        7 - (222): Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mjt328 View Post
                          I agree completely. Every pick should be used to its absolute fullest potential.

Seattle took a falling 1st/2nd round prospect only six picks before we drafted a guy everyone expected to be an UDFA.

Nix seems to fall in love with late-round or undrafted fliers, then panics and takes them way to early. When he first took over in 2010, I was more willing to trust his eye for talent. But four drafts later (after watching NONE of these fliers work out), I'm convinced Nix
                          And then there's this:

"Nix left Buffalo with John Butler and A. J. Smith after the 2000 season. He was initially the Director of Pro Player Personnel (2000–2001), but after Butler died, Smith was promoted to General Manager, and Nix to Assistant General Manager.
                          Nix's job with the San Diego Chargers was to oversee both professional and college scouting and to be one of the main decision makers in each NFL Draft. Nix was a major reason the Chargers turned around from a losing football team to a rebuilt, winning team. In 2004, three players Nix drafted were selected to the 2005 Pro Bowl. In 2005, six players Nix drafted were selected to the 2006 Pro Bowl. In 2006, eleven players Nix drafted were selected to the 2007 Pro Bowl. In 2007, eight players Nix drafted were selected to the2008 Pro Bowl.
                          The Chargers won four out of the last five AFC West titles with Nix as Assistant GM and Director of Player Personnel, in charge of college scouting and instrumental to the decision making process of their NFL drafts."

And so far he's given us 2 pro-bowlers (Spiller and Byrd) and one of the top G's in the league (Levitre).

Comment

• GingerP
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by gonzo1105 View Post
                            I'll say this again to everyone who *****es about certain things like this. If Ryan Swope is so great like you think, why have 32 professionally paid scouting staffs of 10 plus people passed on him through 172 picks of the NFL draft? The only reason why you want Swope so bad is because you've heard from the media about how fantastic this guy is for months when the scouts have other opinions of him.
                            Swope fell because of medical questions. He has a history of concussions.

Comment

• MTBillsFan
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by Prov401 View Post
                              Hoping for Da'Rick Rogers.
                              It's awesome that we got him!
                              Send me some wings!

Comment

Working...
                              X