X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k-oneputt
    • Jun 2009

I see the Bills just couldn't take it..

..they had to get stupid with the 'where smarter then you picks" by their scouts who have to justify themselves.
  • Bangarang
    • Sep 2010

Re: I see the Bills just couldn't take it..

We're*

Comment

• The Natrix
      • Jul 2002

Well, they are at least smarter than all the people on this board that wanted to draft Barkley or Nassib at #8, and for that I am grateful.

Byrd.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
        ..they had to get stupid with the 'where smarter then you picks" by their scouts who have to justify themselves.
        If you think you can do better, here's some advice: Go to One Bills Drive and sell them on your fantastic abilities to run the team. Then when they laugh you out of the building, come back here and hate on all their decisions.

By this time of the draft, I'm pretty sick & tired of reading posts criticizing the pros who know more than EVERY one of us. The most ridiculous ones are in the late rounds, like last round when we picked a kicker who can actually contribute to this & future teams as opposed to some guy who will get cut in camp or be inactive most games.

Comment

• mjt328
          • May 2011

Originally posted by The Natrix View Post
          Well, they are at least smarter than all the people on this board that wanted to draft Barkley or Nassib at #8, and for that I am grateful.
          We can't say for sure that EJ Manuel would have lasted until #41 if we passed at #16.

But on the same hand, we can't be sure that Manuel wouldn't have dropped to the 3rd Round - just like Barkley and Nassib - if the Bills hadn't taken him. Pre-draft, most experts had those three guys ranked about the same.
          2013 "My Should Have" Draft
          Posted During the 2013 Draft
          1 - (16): Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
          2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
          2 - (46): Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
          3 - (78): Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
          4 - (105): Barrett Jones, OG, Alabama
          5 - (143): Brandon Jenkins, LB, Florida State
          6 - (177): Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
          7 - (222): Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

2013 Buddy Nix Draft
          1 - (16): E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
          2 - (46): Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
          3 - (78): Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
          4 - (105): Duke Williams, FS, Nevada
          5 - (143): Jonathan Meeks, SS, Clemson
          6 - (177): Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
          7 - (222): Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas

Comment

• mjt328
            • May 2011

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
            By this time of the draft, I'm pretty sick & tired of reading posts criticizing the pros who know more than EVERY one of us. The most ridiculous ones are in the late rounds, like last round when we picked a kicker who can actually contribute to this & future teams as opposed to some guy who will get cut in camp or be inactive most games.
            You know what I get sick of?

When somebody on this board voices their opinion on a player, only to get blasted for not being a pro scout. (Note this only happens when the Bills picks are criticized, not when they are praised for being brilliant.) Every year, I see Bills fans on various message boards screaming for players that end up being tons better than the crap Nix snatches up. Some perfect mid/late round examples from last year - Russell Wilson and Vontaze Burfict.

Just because you are being PAID to do something, does not mean you are good at it.
            2013 "My Should Have" Draft
            Posted During the 2013 Draft
            1 - (16): Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
            2 - (46): Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
            3 - (78): Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
            4 - (105): Barrett Jones, OG, Alabama
            5 - (143): Brandon Jenkins, LB, Florida State
            6 - (177): Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
            7 - (222): Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

2013 Buddy Nix Draft
            1 - (16): E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
            2 - (46): Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
            3 - (78): Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
            4 - (105): Duke Williams, FS, Nevada
            5 - (143): Jonathan Meeks, SS, Clemson
            6 - (177): Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
            7 - (222): Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mjt328 View Post

When somebody on this board voices their opinion on a player, only to get blasted for not being a pro scout. (Note this only happens when the Bills picks are criticized, not when they are praised for being brilliant.) Every year, I see Bills fans on various message boards screaming for players that end up being tons better than the crap Nix snatches up. Some perfect mid/late round examples from last year - Russell Wilson and Vontaze Burfict.

Just because you are being PAID to do something, does not mean you are good at it.
              Exactly.

Performance dictates results, not title, and this team doesn't have the performance to earn the benefit of the doubt.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

At least they passed grammer class.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• JoeMama
                  Emotion Sickness
                  • Oct 2002

Originally posted by mjt328 View Post

For real. OBD should never be cited as a measuring stick of success.

In any other line of business, the guys on our payroll would be hungry and homeless.
                  Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Night Train
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    Performance dictates results
                    Which means the draft picks get an actual chance to perform before being declared failures or a success.

It works both ways.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                      If you think you can do better, here's some advice: Go to One Bills Drive and sell them on your fantastic abilities to run the team. Then when they laugh you out of the building, come back here and hate on all their decisions.

the stupid thing isn't that we took a kicker in 6...it's that we let a guy who isn't reliable outside of 40 yards be on the team 10 some years.

given what we knew before the draft, with only 6 picks to start, they got a qb, and got some extra picks. and like all picks, you have to hope they got it right. but it is hard to believe manuel would have been gone with everyone else waiting til 3-4.

but like i said somewhere else, the bills picked exactly who they wanted...no second choices...so this front office has to deal with the either the positives or negatives with manuel's rise or fall.

Comment

• Night Train
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                        the stupid thing isn't that we took a kicker in 6...it's that we let a guy who isn't reliable outside of 40 yards be on the team 10 some years.
                        WTF are you talking about ? Lindell the last 2 years is 11-13 between 40-49 yards. 1-2 from 50 +. When Granny Gailey actually let him kick, he was quite good. That was conservative coaching, not Lindell.

He may be replaced now but he served us very well for quite a long time. Plus the Ralph is insanely windy in Nov. Dec.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • May 2009

I see you couldn't take it. You had to get stupid and make an even stupider thread.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                            Sab and TD are insignificant
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                            I see you couldn't take it. You had to get stupid and make an even stupider thread.
                            You do know ”stupider” is not really a word right?
                            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• JoeMama
                              Emotion Sickness
                              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by ublinkwescore View Post
                              You do know ”stupider” is not really a word right?
                              Yes it is.

And you're proving why it's a word.
                              Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

Working...
                              X