For all of you that hate this draft...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

For all of you that hate this draft...........

How about you post what you would of done at each pick instead based on the players that were available. Document it so this thread can be bumped in a couple years to see who was right.
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: For all of you that hate this draft...........

And dont just say manuel would of lasted to our 2nd pick cause NONE of you know for sure

Comment

• WagonCircler
      Escaped Convict
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SquishDaFish View Post
      And dont just say manuel would of lasted to our 2nd pick cause NONE of you know for sure
      Nor do you.

But it's a damned safe bet that he would have been.

I'd have drafted Tavon Austin or Tyler Eiffert at 8, or traded down twice and bolstered the lineup with as many first and second round picks as possible and waited until next year to pick up a QB, because this team is going to be drafting in the top 3 next year.

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

I would have drafted Jarvis Jones in RD1 and taken the best QB the Bills thought was available in RD2. Love the Woods pick in RD 2.

Comment

• Swiper
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2010

Sure as hell wouldn't have wasted my first pick on Jsaon Campbell, errr EJ Manuel aty #16 or at all.

Comment

• gebobs
            One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
            • Sep 2003

For the price of 8 huge picks in the first, basically we got an alcoholic problem/project. I'll bookmark this for when he becomes an all-pro.
            Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
              I would have drafted Jarvis Jones in RD1 and taken the best QB the Bills thought was available in RD2. Love the Woods pick in RD 2.
              Now this is the way you say it if you didnt want EJ in Rd1.

Not I would have traded down again because you dont know if that opp was there. And not I would of waited till rd 2 for EJ cause you dont know if he would of lasted. Philly was suppos hot after him

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                Sure as hell wouldn't have wasted my first pick on Jsaon Campbell, errr EJ Manuel aty #16 or at all.
                How do you know for sure hes going to be the same as Campbell? You dont know how he is going to be as a pro. Just stop it already

Comment

• Gibby
                  • Jun 2006

Round one I trade down again with Minnesota or maybe even San Fransisco because I am fairly confident that EJ would still have been there with either team's pick and I would have seen about getting yet another pick in the second or third round and gotten somebody to fill in at Guard. I don't particularly like EJ, but considering that I have significant concerns with all the qbs in this draft class I would have questioned any other qb we selected.

Comment

• gebobs
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Suetonius View Post
                    Round one I trade down again with Minnesota or maybe even San Fransisco
                    What confidence do you have that Bumbling Buddy would have gotten anything more in return? He got precious little and converted it into next to nothing.

Comment

• Rob's House
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                      Nor do you.

But it's a damned safe bet that he would have been.
                      There's really no basis for saying that. Maybe he'd go undrafted like Bray, maybe Philly scoops him up in the second, or maybe someone else jumps up to the back of the first. You have absolutely no idea what other teams thought of him. Of all the professionals who spend all year researching and studying this information in depth with inside info, no one had a very accurate prediction of how this draft would unfold, especially in regards to QB, so hind-sight speculation about where he might have gone is pointless. The only relevant question with Manuel is whether he'll pan out. If he does it was a good pick, if he doesn't it wasn't. That's all.

Comment

• Rob's House
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                        What confidence do you have that Bumbling Buddy would have gotten anything more in return? He got precious little and converted it into next to nothing.
                        You guys are suffering from Buddy Derangement Syndrome. Buddy's top priority was to come away with a QB, he picks up another 2nd and 7th and STILL gets his guy, and you **** on him for it? Weak.

Comment

• gebobs
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Rob's House View Post
                          There's really no basis for saying that. Maybe he'd go undrafted like Bray, maybe Philly scoops him up in the second, or maybe someone else jumps up to the back of the first. You have absolutely no idea what other teams thought of him.
                          Again, nor do you. It's an opinion. Anything other than what actually went down is opinion.

If all you want to talk about is how it went down, fine. But since the OP is asking for how other people would have done it hypothetically, then get ready for a whole lot of opinion.

Comment

• Gibby
                            • Jun 2006

I can overlook a young man doing stupid things in college provided he grew out of them. The LB in question did stupid things early in college and appears to have grown out of them. If you went to college and didn't do something stupid then you did it wrong. Sure not maybe something involving law enforcement, but something stupid. Other than not drafting a guard I think this was a decent draft. Of course, I will say the key words of this draft are "no excuses." They got the first qb picked in the draft and so if EJ fails then no excuses the whole front office should get **** canned. Its really a no loss draft. EJ turns into an all pro who does what no qb has done with this team since Flutie -- get us into the post season -- then its all gravy. If EJ busts bad and its business as usual then I have no qualms of the next owner --Ralph, unless he is a cyborg will be dead within the next couple of years -- completely gutting the front office.

Comment

• Rob's House
                              • Sep 2010

Again, nor do you. It's an opinion. Anything other than what actually went down is opinion.

If all you want to talk about is how it went down, fine. But since the OP is asking for how other people would have done it hypothetically, then get ready for a whole lot of opinion.
                              Again?

I'm not the one claiming to. That's the difference.

And there's also a difference between saying you'd do x b/c you think y, and simply saying y.

Comment

Working...
                              X