PDA

View Full Version : The Bills have signed Da'Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech

gonzo1105
04-27-2013, 07:08 PM
I know there is a UDFA thread but I wanted its own since it was a hot debate whether the Bills should take him throughout the draft.

ICRockets
04-27-2013, 07:21 PM
LOVE the offensive tools we've added.

trapezeus
04-27-2013, 07:23 PM
just hope the protection allows the skill to shine. but i agree...we got tools now. the coaches have to get the most out them.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-27-2013, 07:37 PM
you guys do realize he will start opening day and for sure be in the 3 deep.

he was by far the most talented wr in draft...

hope he has matured!

- - - Updated - - -

scouts have called him the next eric moulds!

coastal
04-27-2013, 07:44 PM
Between Marcus Easley and now this guy?

unstoppable!

Skooby
04-27-2013, 07:46 PM
Holy crap, we got him? This is a major upgrade for our WR squad!

NOT THE DUDE...
04-27-2013, 07:53 PM
will we keep 6 wrs or 7 dl for the 34?

lmcshadow
04-27-2013, 08:28 PM
Between Marcus Easley and now this guy?

unstoppable!
IS EASLEY THAT GOOD???

SquishDaFish
04-27-2013, 08:38 PM
IS EASLEY THAT GOOD???

He was being Sarcastic

coastal
04-27-2013, 08:40 PM
Alcoholics and druggies...

the new buffalo bills!

gonzo1105
04-27-2013, 08:43 PM

the new buffalo bills!

well the last time we had a bunch of alcoholics leading the team we were making super bowls so i'll take my chances

Mahdi
04-27-2013, 08:44 PM
This guy is a beast on the field. If he stays clean like he did at Tennessee Tech we just got ourselves a steal.

coastal
04-27-2013, 08:44 PM
well the last time we had a bunch of alcoholics leading the team we were making super bowls so i'll take my chances
U mean the same crew that boozed away four Super Bowls?

Night Train
04-27-2013, 08:45 PM
Bills drafted a couple guys who stumbled off the field in the past, then signed this guy.

Boy, have things changed at OBD. Awesome.

Skooby
04-27-2013, 08:55 PM
Bills drafted a couple guys who stumbled off the field in the past, then signed this guy.

Boy, have things changed at OBD. Awesome.

We went from dead ducks at WR to loaded with talent & a real competition. Our 5 WR set will strike fear even if Ralph was throwing the ball, LOL.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-27-2013, 09:04 PM
mark my words, if he stays out of trouble, rogers will make a huge impact and start from day one.

sorry bellicheat, but you will not stop ej and rogers!

Mahdi
04-27-2013, 09:04 PM
For those who wanted Justin Hunter or Cordarrelle Patterson, I think this kid has more talent than both. Not as fast but his body control, hands, route running and power are superior to those two.

This kid lives over the middle and has no problem taking a pounding to make the catch. What I like most about him is his ultra-competitiveness. He had very strong games against the top teams in the SEC and played against their secondaries with an attitude.

He will probably take a couple of unsportsman like conduct penalties as a rookie for talking or taunting but I like his confidence so long as he stays grounded.

Reminds me of Justin Blackmon who was tearing it up second half of last season.

Bill Cody
04-27-2013, 09:27 PM

the new buffalo bills!
when Lincoln was told that Ulysses Grant was drinking too much he reportedly replied "find out what brand of whiskey he drinks and send a case to my other generals"
after 13 years of playing it safe isn't it time to shake some things up around here?

Crisis
04-27-2013, 09:33 PM
Heard the reason he didn't get drafted was because not just failed drug tests, but he was also dealing them. I'm not going to hold my breath on him panning out.

UDFA is worth the risk but some of you are already clamoring like he's a future pro bowler or something.

Tatonka
04-27-2013, 10:02 PM
rogers was the man at Tenn before being booted for being a pothead. no one would have heard of patterson had he not been booted.

i watched an episode of Playmakers with Steve Marriuci. it had patterson, rogers, allen, woods, and stills on it. it was good.

if you ask me, rogers reminds me of terrell owens.

- - - Updated - - -

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VMruCW43-Io" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tatonka
04-27-2013, 10:03 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ujDgel3evAI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BertSquirtgum
04-27-2013, 10:07 PM

I'll take 4 pissed away super bowls over 13 years of no playoffs.

feldspar
04-27-2013, 10:09 PM
So the Bills picked up 3 wide receivers in the past couple of days. Lots going on at that position.

Tatonka
04-27-2013, 10:14 PM
4 wrs.. and they all offer something slightly different. thats what i love.

BertSquirtgum
04-27-2013, 10:17 PM
Heard the reason he didn't get drafted was because not just failed drug tests, but he was also dealing them. I'm not going to hold my breath on him panning out.

UDFA is worth the risk but some of you are already clamoring like he's a future pro bowler or something.

I hope he can get me some good **** from the south.

BertSquirtgum
04-27-2013, 10:19 PM
I like our draft a lot. The more I thought about all picks and read up on the players, the more comfortable I felt with all the picks. I think we will all be rather happy by the end of next season.

psubills62
04-27-2013, 10:22 PM
Cool.

SABURZFAN
04-27-2013, 10:35 PM
i mentioned this guy to my friends in the 7th round but i knew the Bills wouldn't draft him. glad that OBD did something to bolster the WR corp signing this guy.

Meathead
04-27-2013, 10:38 PM
We went from dead ducks at WR to loaded with talent & a real competition. Our 5 WR set will strike fear even if Ralph was throwing the ball, LOL.

simmer down john boy

MTBillsFan
04-27-2013, 10:53 PM
when Lincoln was told that Ulysses Grant was drinking too much he reportedly replied "find out what brand of whiskey he drinks and send a case to my other generals"
after 13 years of playing it safe isn't it time to shake some things up around here?

Nice historical quote!

Skooby
04-27-2013, 10:57 PM
Sweet!!

MTBillsFan
04-27-2013, 11:00 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ujDgel3evAI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We may have just got the best UDFA of all time!

bosshogg21
04-28-2013, 01:52 AM
I'm really stoked with this pick up. With him and woods and Stevie I think we have a solid top 3. It might take a couple of years but we have some young stud wr's.

Beebe
04-28-2013, 03:38 AM
Finally, lets party.

swiper
04-28-2013, 04:41 AM
Very nice signing!

Saratoga Slim
04-28-2013, 06:54 AM

I'll go back to losing Super Bowls any day compared to what we're doing lately.

coastal
04-28-2013, 07:01 AM
I wonder how many of the supporters of this guy were cheering when Marshawn Lynch was run out of town.

you know who you guys are.

Keep it real.

YardRat
04-28-2013, 07:07 AM
We may have just got the best UDFA of all time!

Dude...there are about two dozen UDFA's in the Hall of Fame...let's not get anywhere near that just yet.

better days
04-28-2013, 07:29 AM
GREAT signing by the Bills if he can keep from being suspended. GOOD JOB Buddy.

K-Gun
04-28-2013, 07:39 AM
I wonder how many of the supporters of this guy were cheering when Marshawn Lynch was run out of town.

you know who you guys are.

Keep it real.

Marshawn hit a white girl with his car, bra.

Anyways, Da'Rick is a ****ing badass on the field. The strategy of only drafting choir boys hasn't worked out too well over the last 15 years. Time to load up on some thugs!

X-Era
04-28-2013, 08:01 AM
Signing him as a UDFA basically means we have no risk. We can cut him without the implications af a large contract.

He's a stud on the field. I love that we grabbed him as a UDFA. But to be honest I did not want to draft him due to the off the field stuff.

If he keeps his nose clean, he will make this team and will be successful.

better days
04-28-2013, 08:10 AM
Marshawn hit a white girl with his car, bra.

Anyways, Da'Rick is a ****ing badass on the field. The strategy of only drafting choir boys hasn't worked out too well over the last 15 years. Time to load up on some thugs!

Lynch did not really HIT her, his mirror TOUCHED her while she was illegally dancing in the street in the rain. She suffered no major injuries. What happend could have happened to anyone. Lynch was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

justasportsfan
04-28-2013, 08:13 AM
here's what the bills should do with Rogers.

Make him and EJ roommates at camp. Hopefully EJ and he bond , EJ changes Rogers in a positive way or EJ himself will be positive for maryjanes.

Make Alonso and Kyle roommates at camp. Kyle should be a positive influence.

As for Duke Williams, make him roomies with the new kicker. Hopefully he becomes the next Pope.

Buddo
04-28-2013, 09:27 AM
here's what the bills should do with Rogers.

Make him and EJ roommates at camp. Hopefully EJ and he bond , EJ changes Rogers in a positive way or EJ himself will be positive for maryjanes.

Make Alonso and Kyle roommates at camp. Kyle should be a positive influence.

As for Duke Williams, make him roomies with the new kicker. Hopefully he becomes the next Pope.

The Duke or the kicker for Pope?

Meathead
04-28-2013, 10:01 AM
Lynch did not really HIT her, his mirror TOUCHED her while she was illegally dancing in the street in the rain.

so really getting hit by an object anchored to a speeding vehicle could be considered a love tap

Goobylal
04-28-2013, 10:07 AM

If he was dealing them, that sucks. But likely a result of trying to make some money. Jay-Z used to deal drugs and is now a billionaire, and no one cares that he dealt drugs. Making the NFL minimum is still good coin and he won't need to deal drugs anymore. The question is staying off them.

Signing him as a UDFA basically means we have no risk. We can cut him without the implications af a large contract.

He's a stud on the field. I love that we grabbed him as a UDFA. But to be honest I did not want to draft him due to the off the field stuff.

If he keeps his nose clean, he will make this team and will be successful.
Yep. Low risk high reward pickup.

justasportsfan
04-28-2013, 11:03 AM
The Duke or the kicker for Pope?

Duke.

jamze132
04-28-2013, 11:08 AM
Guys, every team in the NFL passed on him for 7 rounds, and here we are super excited about bringing him in as a UDFA.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Guys, every team in the NFL passed on him for 7 rounds, and here we are super excited about bringing him in as a UDFA.

as a pure talent, he is julio jones/eric moulds... and he stayed out of trouble for 1 year.

hes the best wr to come out in some time... no risk