PDA

View Full Version : I have a question....

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-28-2013, 06:26 AM
Hey draft experts....
if a draft position trade is in the works, do the teams involved know who the trade upper is targeting?
ie:
the bills traded out if spot 8.... Can they demand to know who the rams wanted to help make the decision to make the trade? Odds are that if Austin was on the board the Jets would have taken him, so do you think the bills made the trade KNOWING who the rams wanted and part of the reason for the trade was to keep Austin out of a jets uni?

Is it a normal thing for the trade to happen that that information is revealed?

jamze132
04-28-2013, 11:33 AM
It probably depends on the situation, but I don't think the Bills gave two craps what the Jets wanted to do. We got another 2nd RD pick in addition to the QB the Bills wanted.

Novacane
04-28-2013, 11:35 AM
I doubt they demand to know who the teams targeting. In the case of Austin everybody already knew that though.

SquishDaFish
04-28-2013, 12:02 PM
I believe I heard Polian say it once that they do ask who they are targeting and usually are told.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Hey draft experts....
if a draft position trade is in the works, do the teams involved know who the trade upper is targeting?
ie:
the bills traded out if spot 8.... Can they demand to know who the rams wanted to help make the decision to make the trade? Odds are that if Austin was on the board the Jets would have taken him, so do you think the bills made the trade KNOWING who the rams wanted and part of the reason for the trade was to keep Austin out of a jets uni?

Is it a normal thing for the trade to happen that that information is revealed?

They can demand any information they want, it doesn't mean St. Louis would provide it. I would think if there was a trade up/trade down situation there would at least be some discussion about what they came up to get. It would be slightly embarrassing if St. Louis traded up and took Manuel.