• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Roll Call

Ok... the Bills have turned the page and in one day added 3 players with more than questionable pasts.

so far it appears the overwhelming majority of posters are more than okay with bringing in some character question marks. Afterall... people like that kick ass.

and the Bills need some "kick ass".

i have a question before I sign off on this directional change along with the rest of the horde.

who here was calling for and supported Marshawn Lynch's exit from WNY?
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: Roll Call

I hated that trade, we gave up Lynch for peanuts. The only argument I half agree with was that he was close to a full year suspension with Goodell's new rules. I never thought he was a 'bad seed' and I loved his on the field antics. Plus I just bought his jersey.

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

I was. He was becoming a bit of a distraction and at the time we were stacked at RB. Value was there. I only wish they had traded him before the season as his value was even higher then. And in looking at the RBs we have today, I still back the decision. I don't disagree with it.

But I will definitly feel even better about it if Spiller can reach the next level.

Comment

• CoolBreeze
        • Feb 2009

The biggest difference is the 2 draft picks are a few years removed from what they did. Rogers hasn't failed a test in a year. Marshawn was a professional when he did his. Lynch was also 1 strike away from being banned.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

i wasnt necessarily a proponent of him being shipped out but that said, he was one more infraction away from being suspended for a full calendar year.. we had to get value for him when we could so i understood their rationale.. none of these kids have gotten in trouble in the nfl.. its a clean slate.. marshawn hit someone in a car and drove off.. he didnt leave anyone with a choice.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

.Having Lynch didn't bother me but I wanted a dynamic back and Lynch was nothing great at that time.Lynch was also 1 mistake away from being suspended for an entire season.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I did. Didn't trust him to clean up, which apparently he did. Of course, his head coach is Pete Carroll, so even if Lynch has ****ed up nobody will know about it until down the road sometime.

I'm still good with the move, although I do enjoy watching him tote the rock still.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• jimmifli
                • Nov 2006

I couldn't cheer for a guy that would hit and run, leaving a pedestrian in the street. I'm glad he was traded, although I think we got hosed.

Drug and alcohol problems, bar fights, gun possession violations or other random jackassery don't really bother me. I don't need choir boys, but someone that harms defenceless people isn't really someone I want on my team.

Comment

• Buddo
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by CoolBreeze View Post
                  The biggest difference is the 2 draft picks are a few years removed from what they did. Rogers hasn't failed a test in a year. Marshawn was a professional when he did his. Lynch was also 1 strike away from being banned.
                  Pretty much this.

Lynch couldn't get over himself when he was in Buffalo, by all accounts. It's a pity, but it is what it is. His production had declined also. He was becoming a distraction. He was also suspended while he was with the Bills, and was only one more discretion away from a full season off.
                  Does he still have some sort of legal thing to go through, from since he's been in Seattle?

The biggest point, for me, is that trouble found Lynch when he was with the Bills. If the same thing happens to any of the guys we drafted, then they will likely need to be looked at in a different fashion.
                  TBH, the two drafted kids who had alcohol related issues, are both seemingly sorted out now, anyway. Rogers would be the guy I would worry about, and not because I'm anti weed, but more because he hasn't the same track record of being ok that the other two have.

These guys were not professional football players, when they did whatever it was they did. Lynch was, and he should have known better.

From here on in, these kids are professional football players, and they had better start behaving like it, if they haven't yet, or they will find out that the NFL stands for 'Not For Long'.

Comment

• pmoon6
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Dec 2002

Lynch needed a change of scenery and a fresh start so the trade was good for both parties. I said so at the time. He also seemed to not have the same drive as his first two years and his production showed it.

It also doesn't seem like Marshawn has changed or learned from his mistakes. He got popped for DUI last July. It seems to me he has the attitude shared by quite a few sports stars. They think they can do anything they want because of who they are.

The draftees are a little younger than Lynch, so a mistake can more easily be overlooked as long as it doesn't keep happening. I'm also not one of these fans that don't care about thuggish and illegal behavior as long as the team wins. I expect that players on my team conduct themselves as professionals and become good examples in the community. I'd much rather have a guy like Chris Speilman than a selfish guy like Bruce Smith as well.
                    Last edited by pmoon6; 04-28-2013, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                      Ok... the Bills have turned the page and in one day added 3 players with more than questionable pasts.

so far it appears the overwhelming majority of posters are more than okay with bringing in some character question marks. Afterall... people like that kick ass.

and the Bills need some "kick ass".

i have a question before I sign off on this directional change along with the rest of the horde.

who here was calling for and supported Marshawn Lynch's exit from WNY?
                      I didn't like Lynch's character issues and broke balls on it every chance I had to bash him. I didn't want him gone because of it. I wanted him gone at the time because Fred Jackson was the better back.
                      Since then Lynch has been the better back and the Bills backs have been injury prone. What the Bills should have done is kept Lynch and drafted JPP.

Character issues really don't mean much if that player performs.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

What you can't think for yourself and decide if you like the draft or not?

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                          • Jun 2005

I wanted him gone because I liked Jackson and he was one problem away from a year suspension and with his idiotic **** he did in Buffalo Im sure it would of happened. We didnt get a good deal for him IMO though and was upset at that part.

Comment

• Swiper
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

We were told there weren't enough carries for both players and that one had to go. FJax is one of my favorite players in years. I didn't hate having Lynch at all though. Glad he's doing well.

Comment

• coastal
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                              I hated that trade, we gave up Lynch for peanuts. The only argument I half agree with was that he was close to a full year suspension with Goodell's new rules. I never thought he was a 'bad seed' and I loved his on the field antics. Plus I just bought his jersey.
                              Jersey value... check.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by RedEyE View Post
                              I was. He was becoming a bit of a distraction and at the time we were stacked at RB. Value was there. I only wish they had traded him before the season as his value was even higher then. And in looking at the RBs we have today, I still back the decision. I don't disagree with it.

But I will definitly feel even better about it if Spiller can reach the next level.
                              Poor trade value.. but distraction too much and replacements make u forget about him.

Comment

Working...
                              X