• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bone
    Bone
    • Oct 2006

I feel like Byrd doesn't want to be a Bill

After watching the draft conference, It seemed to me that Russ and Nix had to say the usual," we want him here, there's been dialogue" blah blah blah. If Byrd doesn't want to be here and wants Dashon Goldson type money, trade him. Yeah he can hold out and report whenever he wants but then at the end of the year, he can walk and the Bills get nothing for him....btw I guess his agent Eugene Parker is a *****.
    BILLIEVE
  • jimbohastle51
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: I feel like Byrd doesn't want to be a Bill

He can't walk at the end of the year. He can be franchised again. He may nor want to play in buffalo any longer. You can't blame him for that. He hasn't made the playoffs and his father played in San Diego and he played his college ball at Oregon. He may prefer the west coast. Bottom line is if he wants to be paid well to play ball this year in the NFL its going to be in buffalo because they have no intention of trading him and every intention of paying him the 6million + salary this season.

Comment

• Lexwhat
      • Feb 2005

I don't see what is wrong with him wanting Goldson type money. If I was the Bills, I think Byrd is worth just as much as as Goldson, if not more!

Goldson was on a Defense full of superstars, while Byrd was a great player on one of the worst Defenses in the league in a poorly-coached scheme. I understand if the Bills let Levitre walk and didn't want to invest $8 million per year in a Guard, but Byrd is a young star and the money saved from Levitre should be given to him.

To me, trading him is stupid. Just sign him. If the Bills wait until next season to sign him, he will cost even more.

Comment

• jwenger
        snoopy the dog
        • Mar 2013

It seems every time we get in to these situations like re-signing players

like Byrd we seem to lose them. Maybe they just don't want to be here and
        would prefer to play anyother place even for less cash. Its not all about money.

Offer him real good money and if he rejects then re-franchise him and have a disgruntled
        player on your hands or find a replacement.

Comment

• Rob's House
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Lexwhat View Post
          I don't see what is wrong with him wanting Goldson type money. If I was the Bills, I think Byrd is worth just as much as as Goldson, if not more!

Goldson was on a Defense full of superstars, while Byrd was a great player on one of the worst Defenses in the league in a poorly-coached scheme. I understand if the Bills let Levitre walk and didn't want to invest $8 million per year in a Guard, but Byrd is a young star and the money saved from Levitre should be given to him.

To me, trading him is stupid. Just sign him. If the Bills wait until next season to sign him, he will cost even more.
          I think what OP is getting at is that it might not be as easy as just signing him. If he doesn't want to be here he may be trying to force a trade. He has the same agent Jason Peters had who basically forced a trade to a team his client wanted to play for and got him big money. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that he might be doing the same with Byrd. We really have no idea what Byrd's demands are.

Comment

• coastal
            Legendary Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Just so ecstatic we signed Mario to play defensive end in 4-3 to the tune of $100 million.

oh wait... we don't play a 4-3 anymore.

Comment

• EricStratton
              • Jul 2002

What comments did Byrd make at the presser that would make it seem like he doesn't want to play here?

Comment

• coastal
                Legendary Zoner
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by EricStratton View Post
                What comments did Byrd make at the presser that would make it seem like he doesn't want to play here?
                Take your melancholic reason and bugger off.

were dancing here.

Comment

• EricStratton
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                  Take your melancholic reason and bugger off.

Sorry

Comment

• Buddo
                    • Mar 2007

Biggest issue with Byrd, is his agent, who is just after the $.
                    I don't think Byrd wants to leave necessarily, but he does want to get paid. He deserves to be, as well, but what he deserves, and what Parker will ask for, are probably far apart.
                    I also believe that Byrd really wants to play football, so while he might hold out some, I don't think it will be to the extent that he misses so much to not be ready for the season.

Comment

• Meathead
                      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                      • Jul 2002

im sure the bills are/will offer him fair market value but the team has all the leverage here so why rush it. players loathe playing under the tag bc it risks future money in the case they get seriously hurt. byrd will sign, its just a matter of when
                      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• OLDSRIP
                        • Dec 2008

Was Parker his agent all along or did Byrd recently switch agents?
                        if he just switched, that tells me a lot.

Comment

• THRILLHO
                          This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                          • Feb 2009

Are people still freaking out because he isn't showing up for voluntary work outs? It only April people.
                          True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• Bone
                            Bone
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by THRILLHO View Post
                            Are people still freaking out because he isn't showing up for voluntary work outs? It only April people.
                            No... It's looking at the big picture and what lies ahead for our best safety.
                            BILLIEVE

Comment

• JoeMama
                              Emotion Sickness
                              • Oct 2002

If he doesn't want to be here, he's a smart guy.

If I was an NFL player with career advancement in mind, step #1 would be to ditch Buffalo and never look back. And I love Buffalo.

Still, there's no indication Byrd wants out based solely on his absence in April. That's how these guys gain a foothold in contract talks. I'll worry if September rolls around and he's still at home playing Madden.
                              Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

Working...
                              X