PDA

View Full Version : mark my words, da'rick rogers will start opening day....

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2013, 04:37 PM
he will start, and make a major impact from day 1 if he stays out of trouble...

the pats will have a very hard time containing him.

Mr. Pink
04-28-2013, 04:54 PM
It's more likely he won't even make the team let alone start.

Put the pot down before posting.

Night Train
04-28-2013, 04:56 PM
With our #8 overall pick Nassib throwing to him, right ace ?

Dr. Lecter
04-28-2013, 04:59 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/211831-tank-carder-will-start-opening-day!

Generalissimus Gibby
04-28-2013, 05:04 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/211831-tank-carder-will-start-opening-day!

Come on, Mehs, even a broken clock can be right twice a day. Oh and NTD, nice DIGITAL clock you have there.

Generalissimus Gibby
04-28-2013, 05:05 PM

He'll make the team, but because our O-Line is so damn porous the Pats are going to shut down our run and meet up at Kolb all afternoon long. The poor bastard won't have time to find our fourth or fifth receiver.

pmoon6
04-28-2013, 05:13 PM
He'll make the team, but because our O-Line is so damn porous the Pats are going to shut down our run and meet up at Kolb all afternoon long. The poor bastard won't have time to find our fourth or fifth receiver.Free Agency isn't over yet and there still are guards out there. I also don't see how you can say the O-Line is porous when we don't even know how the staff might shuffle it or how younger players have progressed. You haven't seen them play yet, either.

Generalissimus Gibby
04-28-2013, 05:19 PM
Free Agency isn't over yet and there still are guards out there. I also don't see how you can say the O-Line is porous when we don't even know how the staff might shuffle it or how younger players have progressed. You haven't seen them play yet, either.

Okay, this is fair. Let me put it another way:

Judging on its performance last year and based on what we have have failed to do so far in free agency, and based on what we neglected to do in the draft, I think the interior of the line is going to be a major headache for us this coming year.

Buffalo Thriller
04-28-2013, 05:24 PM
Our O-Line isnt even as terrible as people make it out to be. Glenn is a legit LT who shined as a rookie in every game he played. Hairston can be a solid RT. Zebrie Sanders should be able to handle a guard spot, and Urbik and Wood are fine.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2013, 05:30 PM
With our #8 overall pick Nassib throwing to him, right ace ?

I never said that, i wanted ej manuel or barkley... lol but good try

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2013, 05:32 PM
He'll make the team, but because our O-Line is so damn porous the Pats are going to shut down our run and meet up at Kolb all afternoon long. The poor bastard won't have time to find our fourth or fifth receiver.

so i was seeing things when we pounded them the past 2 years.... we always push them around up front, its our qb that blew. with ej we will dominate. rogers 6-136 1 td

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2013, 05:38 PM

wow, another ignorant post. he was regarded as the best wr in this class and anyone who watches the sec saw this guy dominate. all scoutd say he is a clone of julio jones but with more explosion....

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2013, 05:42 PM
hes by far the most talented wr on the team...

THATHURMANATOR
04-28-2013, 05:45 PM

Please explain yourself here. Our line was great last year. We lost Levitre. I anticipate a bit of a downturn in play but now they are "porous"???

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2013, 05:49 PM
watch sam young step in and we see no difference, in fact watch us get more push up the middle...

some fans are clueless.

im so sick of the oline sucks people... ugh

THATHURMANATOR
04-28-2013, 05:51 PM
watch sam young step in and we see no difference, in fact watch us get more push up the middle...

some fans are clueless.

im so sick of the oline sucks people... ugh

Thanks x1000

They such dickheads.

Generalissimus Gibby
04-28-2013, 05:56 PM
Please explain yourself here. Our line was great last year. We lost Levitre. I anticipate a bit of a downturn in play but now they are "porous"???

Remember 1994? Remember how we lost Howard Ballard, but oh joy we had Jerry Crafts? Yeah, same thing.

Mr. Miyagi
04-28-2013, 06:06 PM
:rofl: Good find Lecter!

gebobs
04-28-2013, 06:11 PM

First team All-SEC might not mean much to you guys, but it carries a lot of weight 'round these parts.

Then again, three failed drug tests, by his own admission, says something too.

THATHURMANATOR
04-28-2013, 06:19 PM
Remember 1994? Remember how we lost Howard Ballard, but oh joy we had Jerry Crafts? Yeah, same thing.

Or not the same at all. Ballard was a left tackle and Levitre is a guard. Night and day difference in regards to importance and ease of replacing.

Get it together over there man.

pmoon6
04-28-2013, 06:20 PM
Remember 1994? Remember how we lost Howard Ballard, but oh joy we had Jerry Crafts? Yeah, same thing.Yeah, but you forget that we lost Wolford the year before and Jim Ritcher with Ballard. John Davis retired, so that's 4 starters, not just a guard.

You also have to factor in that the game is different. Lineman are allowed to hold a little more in the league's quest to protect the quarterback. Combine that with new rules on the back end, giving the QB the luxury of getting the ball out quicker. Why do you think Esiason, Marino and Steve Young start drooling when asked "what if you played in today's NFL.

pmoon6
04-28-2013, 06:21 PM
Or not the same at all. Ballard was a left tackle and Levitre is a guard. Night and day difference in regards to importance and ease of replacing.

Get it together over there man.Just a heads up. Right Tackle.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2013, 06:22 PM
you guys remember corey louchiey? i thought he was going to be like ballard...lol

Mr. Pink
04-28-2013, 06:30 PM
you guys remember corey louchiey? i thought he was going to be like ballard...lol

You need to stop thinking.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2013, 06:35 PM
You need to stop thinking.

about the bills? lol

Dr. Lecter
04-28-2013, 06:36 PM
hes by far the most talented wr on the team...

Not.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Not.

just admit it dude.... outside johnson, we had a developmental speed demon, thats it... ugh

im pretty sure thats why nix drafted 2 very high and took a chance on the best wr in the draft

gebobs
04-28-2013, 06:39 PM
I don't see any reason why this guy can't start. Outside of Stevie, who has his own issues, the Bills have nothing.

pmoon6
04-28-2013, 06:42 PM
just admit it dude.... outside johnson, we had a developmental speed demon, thats it... ugh

im pretty sure thats why nix drafted 2 very high and took a chance on the best wr in the draftMaybe so, but predicting success is just as crazy as predicting failure. I also don't think the guy will be as good as Stevie or Robert Woods. Still a nice pick-up without using a pick to do it.

My one criticism on this draft is taking two safeties instead of using a pick for O-line.

See, I can be crazy too.

Night Train
04-28-2013, 06:42 PM
I don't see any reason why this guy can't start. Outside of Stevie, who has his own issues, the Bills have nothing. Robert Woods is nothing ???????

Generalissimus Gibby
04-28-2013, 06:44 PM
You need to stop breathing.

Fixed it for you.

DraftBoy
04-28-2013, 06:47 PM
all scoutd say he is a clone of julio jones but with more explosion....

Nobody thought this.

YardRat
04-28-2013, 06:57 PM
1. Our o-line wasn't as good as some would like to think.

2. Levitre will be more easily replaced than others would like to think, and I'm inclined to venture that this season's o-line will out-perform last seasons, especially if they pick up another vet FA off the street between now and camp.

Mr. Pink
04-28-2013, 07:10 PM
Fixed it for you.

Thanks!

kingJofNYC
04-28-2013, 07:10 PM
RT is our biggest hole, G too.

Really want to know what Rogers did. It takes a lot to get the entire league to completely write you off. With Burfict, his play was just as bad as his off field issues so it made sense to see him passed up. Rogers played well between the lines, but must have done an insane amount of stuff off of it, because if you can play teams will still give you a chance if its just drug related.

Dealing is pretty terrible, but there's probably more issues we haven't heard about.

DraftBoy
04-28-2013, 07:12 PM
RT is our biggest hole, G too.

Really want to know what Rogers did. It takes a lot to get the entire league to completely write you off. With Burfict, his play was just as bad as his off field issues so it made sense to see him passed up. Rogers played well between the lines, but must have done an insane amount of stuff off of it, because if you can play teams will still give you a chance if its just drug related.

Dealing is pretty terrible, but there's probably more issues we haven't heard about.

Rogers wasn't a dealer that was another player who got drafted. Armonty Bryant to the Cleveland Browns.

DraftBoy
04-28-2013, 07:14 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/22160545/bills-quickly-snap-up-gifted-but-troubled-wr-darick-rogers

An NFL pre-draft scouting report praised Rogers for being "a physical specimen with strong hands, who overpowered defenders." But it also noted his "off-field maturity," and knocked him for not being "a very instinctual receiver."

Rogers has not shied from discussing his past. Earlier this month, he described his departure from Tennessee as being both "a wake-up call," and something that "humbled" him.

It was also a message he delivered to NFL teams during the scouting process.

"I go in and tell them I'm not here to defend that bio," Rogers said. "Everything you have, that's true. That's the real deal. I'm willing to change that. Here's what I've done."

DraftBoy
04-28-2013, 07:16 PM
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/04/darick-rogers-will-control-whether-hes-a-player-or-a-flop.html

Rogers has admitted to testing positive for marijuana three times at Tennessee. He claimed he hasn't touched marijuana since his transfer and passed 10 tests at Tennessee Tech.

"It's simple: Immaturity," Rogers said at the combine. "I had to take full responsibility, look in the mirror at who I was and what I was doing wrong. I did those things when I went to Tennessee Tech, and it humbled me a lot.

"I was working on those things, and I'm still working on those things. It's a work in progress."

gebobs
04-28-2013, 07:17 PM
Robert Woods is nothing ???????

Jesus, really? Fine, let me cover my bases. You pick.

1. Outside of Stevie, who has his own issues, the Bills had nothing before this draft.
2. Outside of Stevie, who has his own issues, the Bills don't have anything else except another guy that has never caught an NFL pass.

kingJofNYC
04-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Rogers wasn't a dealer that was another player who got drafted. Armonty Bryant to the Cleveland Browns.

Thanks DB, someone else in another thread or maybe even a message board said he was dealing, took him at his word. Should know better than to trust someone without a source.

Again, a drug dealer was drafted, and Rogers wasn't. Wonder if we'll ever know what went down with him & the Vols. Everyone says "character" but that's a pretty nebulous term, would love examples. Someone also mentioned him throwing in the towel against Kentucky, no idea if that's true.

Hope he turns it around, not just for the good of this franchise, but for Rogers'. Shame for a young man to just waste away, end up in jail, or even worse.

DraftBoy
04-28-2013, 07:52 PM
Thanks DB, someone else in another thread or maybe even a message board said he was dealing, took him at his word. Should know better than to trust someone without a source.

Again, a drug dealer was drafted, and Rogers wasn't. Wonder if we'll ever know what went down with him & the Vols. Everyone says "character" but that's a pretty nebulous term, would love examples. Someone also mentioned him throwing in the towel against Kentucky, no idea if that's true.

Hope he turns it around, not just for the good of this franchise, but for Rogers'. Shame for a young man to just waste away, end up in jail, or even worse.

There is one big thing to keep in mind about Tennessee and what happened there. That whole program was/is in shambles. Dooley had zero control and the entire team went nuts.

I have never heard so many stories about a team in my entire time writing/covering prospects.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2013, 08:44 PM
There is one big thing to keep in mind about Tennessee and what happened there. That whole program was/is in shambles. Dooley had zero control and the entire team went nuts.

I have never heard so many stories about a team in my entire time writing/covering prospects.

to be fair, selling pot, im assuming isnt really wrong. its just not wise considering how much money he would lose... so lets not act like the kid is some type of evil criminal...

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2013, 08:45 PM
but hey, maybe if the college football players were paid market value, we wouldnt have this problem...

biggest modern scam ever, besides the banking cartel

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2013, 08:47 PM
Maybe so, but predicting success is just as crazy as predicting failure. I also don't think the guy will be as good as Stevie or Robert Woods. Still a nice pick-up without using a pick to do it.

My one criticism on this draft is taking two safeties instead of using a pick for O-line.

See, I can be crazy too.

i respect your opinion, just disagree. this dude is going to be a monster. best ive seen come out of school since keyshawn johnson...

Dr. Lecter
04-28-2013, 08:55 PM
i respect your opinion, just disagree. this dude is going to be a monster. best ive seen come out of school since keyshawn johnson...

Better than Andre Johnson? Calvin Johnson? Larry Fitzgerald?

I think I have figured you out.

You are intentionally saying stupid things

tampabay25690
04-28-2013, 09:08 PM
If he comes in and behaves I will agree.
He is actually more polished as a WR then his 2 other former TENN teammates that were drafted in the 1st and 2nd round.

He just needs to stay out of trouble.

DraftBoy
04-28-2013, 09:16 PM
to be fair, selling pot, im assuming isnt really wrong. its just not wise considering how much money he would lose... so lets not act like the kid is some type of evil criminal...

To be fair how about we not make up things about players like him selling pot. Rogers has never been caught or even accused of selling pot.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2013, 10:35 PM
To be fair how about we not make up things about players like him selling pot. Rogers has never been caught or even accused of selling pot.

i know, i should have clarified. i was talking about the other kid.

ublinkwescore
04-28-2013, 10:46 PM
Nobody thought this.
I have heard the comparisons on youtube vids of rogers to jones.

Mr. Pink
04-28-2013, 11:10 PM

And none of the 32 GMs in the league drafted him.

Yet he's the best coming out since Keyshawn Johnson?

:rofl:

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2013, 11:14 PM
Better than Andre Johnson? Calvin Johnson? Larry Fitzgerald?

I think I have figured you out.

You are intentionally saying stupid things

im talking about his style/talent/produciton coming out of shcool, not what those wrs are now in the nfl...lol come on man, really?

if there was no character issue, he was a top 10 pick for sure...

he is a 10 in every wr skill

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2013, 11:16 PM

dude, the guy was, maybe still is a head case... i guess you are just blind...

watch the tape man, its nuts

NOT THE DUDE...
04-28-2013, 11:17 PM
here - http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737204/da#146;rick-rogers

BADTHINGSMAN
04-28-2013, 11:32 PM
Sorry just cant buy that he is the best WR coming out since KJ. Head case or not a team would have taken him. Honey Badger was a headcase he still got selected. Every player drafted has a highlight video that makes them look like a first rounder. Maybe he will be great but if he was a sure fire star player then he would have been drafted.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2013, 12:04 AM
Honey badger smoked pot...

darick had disorderly conduct and resisting arrest his freshman year at tenn... he had major issues man... the scout say what they say, film doesnt lie.

im just glad we got him!

will you at least admit he will be in the top 3, and playing outside with woods?

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2013, 12:06 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yODL-GxDseM

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2013, 12:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yODL-GxDseM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ24lAdTZFI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF3BUyakyag- tenn tech vs orgeon

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2013, 12:20 AM
these are cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujDgel3evAI

Generalissimus Gibby
04-29-2013, 12:21 AM

NTD, I have a questionaire I'd like you to truthfully fill out:

1) What do you think of the Northwestern Wildcats?
2) What about the NY Rangers?
3) How about the Baltimore Orioles?
4) what is the correct spelling of this word? A. Masterbation B. Masturbation. C. Mastorbation?
5) While you were at Villanova what was your roomie's GPA?
6) Which one of these ellipsis are you most comfortable with? A. . B. . . C. . . .

BertSquirtgum
04-29-2013, 12:26 AM
Da'rick is supposed to be the second coming of Eric Moulds. Big physical receiver with great hands.

BADTHINGSMAN
04-29-2013, 12:29 AM
Honey badger smoked pot...

darick had disorderly conduct and resisting arrest his freshman year at tenn... he had major issues man... the scout say what they say, film doesnt lie.

im just glad we got him!

will you at least admit he will be in the top 3, and playing outside with woods?

Cant admit that sorry. I still have hopes that Buffalo can find a vet WR somewhere. As of right now Stevie is the only proven WR on the roster. The rookies have proven nothing yet. I personally cant put to much hope in a bunch of rookie WR that haven't proven anything in the NFL yet. That is just my opinion though. Buffalo has found a few solid udfa so I wont say Rogers is camp fodder.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2013, 12:49 AM

4) what is the correct spelling of this word? A. Masterbation B. Masturbation. C. Mastorbation?
6) Which one of these ellipsis are you most comfortable with? A. . B. . . C. . . .

northwestern is good, fitzgerald has turned that program around...
i miss messier
i went to the orioles park, it was really nice. back in 2000ish
masturbation- something i love to do!
i didnt go there, but i went to eastern mi, didnt have a roomate. my gpa was 3.8
usually if i put more dots, it's to signify sarcasm...

yes, da'rick is the next moulds!

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2013, 12:50 AM

where did you go to school?

Downinfloflo
04-29-2013, 12:56 AM
say he is a clone of julio jones but with more explosion....

Nobody thought this.

Rogers is a virtual Julio Jones clone, exhibiting an exciting combination of size, strength and explosiveness.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737204/da#146;rick-rogers

mysticsoto
04-29-2013, 06:23 AM
Da'rick is supposed to be the second coming of Eric Moulds. Big physical receiver with great hands.

So was Marcus Easley...how'd that turn out?

Why don't we wait until we see them in a real game - even preseason, before we start annointing a drafted player any titles...

DraftBoy
04-29-2013, 06:45 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737204/da#146;rick-rogers

And I am wrong. Poorly done on CBS's part. Rogers is nowhere near the athlete Jones is in terms of speed and agility.

Mr. Pink
04-29-2013, 07:25 AM
dude, the guy was, maybe still is a head case... i guess you are just blind...

watch the tape man, its nuts

Head cases still get drafted if they are that good.

You don't go undrafted if you're a headcase but are mega talented.

There are plenty of examples of this throughout the years and as someone pointed out even the Honey Badger got drafted.

Generalissimus Gibby
04-29-2013, 08:02 AM
northwestern is good, fitzgerald has turned that program around...
i miss messier
i went to the orioles park, it was really nice. back in 2000ish
masturbation- something i love to do!
i didnt go there, but i went to eastern mi, didnt have a roomate. my gpa was 3.8
usually if i put more dots, it's to signify sarcasm...

yes, da'rick is the next moulds!

Hi Northwesternfan, you always were a bush-league troll.

Meathead
04-29-2013, 08:22 AM
i was worried he might be travis stupid but just read/listened to him and hes not. talk is cheap but hes saying all the right things. how awesome if he pulled it together. just making the team would be terrific, if he makes the top three then the bills stole an early draft pick. all you stoners just keep the hell away from him

Meathead
04-29-2013, 08:41 AM
speaking of which all you alcoholics staytf away from kiko

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2013, 09:04 AM

Why don't we wait until we see them in a real game - even preseason, before we start annointing a drafted player any titles...

but wasnt easley very raw coming out of college?

and are we really comparing the two? i mean, i like easley, a really good talent, but hes no where near rogers...

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2013, 09:06 AM
And I am wrong. Poorly done on CBS's part. Rogers is nowhere near the athlete Jones is in terms of speed and agility.

didnt rogers run a 4.48 and 4.52

6.71 3 cone

4.07 short shuttle...

40 inch verticle...

and they play the same and dominate...

Pinkerton Security
04-29-2013, 10:37 AM
all scoutd say he is a clone of julio jones but with more explosion....

wait wait wait...if you show me more than 1 scout who said this, I'll quit the Billszone forever...let alone "EVERY SCOUT". We are all more dumb for having read this, and may god have mercy on your soul.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2013, 11:35 AM
wait wait wait...if you show me more than 1 scout who said this, I'll quit the Billszone forever...let alone "EVERY SCOUT". We are all more dumb for having read this, and may god have mercy on your soul.

lol, listen to the bills scout who said he is similar to eric moulds...

djjimkelly
04-29-2013, 11:39 AM

on that note since i do have my medical card here in canada :) god damn confidential cheese just rocked me at lunch i may need to lay down lol makes me feel so good im actually forcing myself to like the 1st round pick who should have been picked later in round 2 with the second pick

GvilleBills
04-29-2013, 11:52 AM
I have heard the comparisons on youtube vids of rogers to jones.

Rodgers to Moulds is what I've heard repeatedly.

BertSquirtgum
04-29-2013, 12:18 PM

Not once did I ever read of anyone comparing Easley to Moulds.

BertSquirtgum
04-29-2013, 08:09 PM
Da'rick Rogers: "I'm ready to come work. I'm ready to come grind," Rogers said. "Tell the Bills fans they got the steal of the draft. I won't let them down."

gebobs
04-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Da'rick Rogers: "I'm ready to come work. I'm ready to come grind," Rogers said. "Tell the Bills fans they got the steal of the draft. I won't let them down."
Please, dear gawd, please let this be true!

BillsFever21
04-29-2013, 09:09 PM
Not once did I ever read of anyone comparing Easley to Moulds.

There wasn't a large amount but I do remember some people comparing him to Moulds or other top WR's.

BillsFever21
04-29-2013, 09:15 PM
It definitely doesn't hurt bringing him in as an UDFA. If he cleans up his act and puts it together he could be a good contributor. If he doesn't then it doesn't cost us a draft pick and only the rookie minimum.

For our sake lets hope he has cleaned his act up and becomes a decent WR for us. He must really be quite the tool if nobody used a draft pick on him to secure having him on their roster if they felt he was that talented.

CoolBreeze
04-30-2013, 11:57 AM
Most of you are fools, If Da'rick Rogers wasn't in love with pot, and a screw up, he would have never left Tenessee. He would have also been the First Tenessee WR taken off the board Thur...FACT

Mr. Pink
04-30-2013, 12:11 PM
Most of you are fools, If Da'rick Rogers wasn't in love with pot, and a screw up, he would have never left Tenessee. He would have also been the First Tenessee WR taken off the board Thur...FACT

The epitome of someone in love with the pot was drafted this weekend by the Cardinals. He was a bigger screw up and hadn't even played football in a year. Yet, Rogers being so great and taken so highly in the draft is FACT?!?

BS

CoolBreeze
04-30-2013, 12:15 PM
The epitome of someone in love with the pot was drafted this weekend by the Cardinals. He was a bigger screw up and hadn't even played football in a year. Yet, Rogers being so great and taken so highly in the draft is FACT?!?

BS

No comparison sir

Honey Badger was/is a complete freak of nature, he was outplaying his age as a freshman. Besides CB, WR..You tell me which one is harder to find?

NOT THE DUDE...
04-30-2013, 12:29 PM
mathieu smoked pot, that was it.

darick had many issues with violence, etc

lol