PDA

View Full Version : PFT Draft Review

DynaPaul
04-28-2013, 06:05 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/28/draft-review-buffalo-bills/

Where they hit: General Manager Buddy Nix wasn’t lying when he said he liked the makeup of this year’s quarterback class more than most observers. Manuel was the first and only quarterback to go in the first round and the Bills were able to add two extra picks while moving down the draft board to pick him. Woods and Alonso both have good shots at being in the starting lineup from day one and Goodwin should be a factor out of the slot right away, which makes this a good job by the Bills of recognizing and addressing their biggest needs.

Where they missed: The offensive line need wasn’t great, although it would have been nice to see the Bills grab some depth there instead of doubling up at safety. Even with Jairus Byrd likely to stay away for a while because of the franchise tag, Williams would have been enough. When only three quarterbacks went in the first three rounds, you have to wonder if the Bills needed to pull the trigger on Manuel with the 16th overall pick. Another trade down would have been ideal from a value standpoint.

Mr. Miyagi
04-28-2013, 06:09 PM
I don't disagree with the criticism, but if we were in love with EJ then it wasn't worth the risk to trade down once again at the time. Of course it's our fault that we couldn't see the future.

Novacane
04-28-2013, 06:51 PM
I don't disagree with the criticism, but if we were in love with EJ then it wasn't worth the risk to trade down once again at the time. Of course it's our fault that we couldn't see the future.

Agree 100%. I keep thinking we could have had that 3rd round pick San Fran gave Dallas for pick 17 and still had EJ at 31. We don't know that though. What if he was the 1 QB other teams wanted? What if Philly would of moved up in front of us for him? We'll never know and a 3rd round pick isn't worth the risk when EJ is the guy they wanted.

ParanoidAndroid
04-29-2013, 08:41 AM
I guess Swiper didn't see this thread. Or is this what he does given the name. :D Combine?