PDA

View Full Version : Jets finally released Tim Tebow

ghz in pittsburgh
04-29-2013, 07:07 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/04/29/tim-tebow-released-new-york-jets/2120333/

Wonder why it took that long and give him a chance to hook on to another team before the draft.

On the other hand, if Tebow is willing to be a FB, not QB, he may have a chance with a lot of teams.

Novacane
04-29-2013, 07:18 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/04/29/tim-tebow-released-new-york-jets/2120333/

Wonder why it took that long and give him a chance to hook on to another team before the draft.

On the other hand, if Tebow is willing to be a FB, not QB, he may have a chance with a lot of teams.

Cause they were hoping to get a draft pick for him.

RedEyE
04-29-2013, 07:22 AM
Yeah, I bet they were shopping him.

Gilly
04-29-2013, 07:28 AM
Jets waited until preseason rosters were full. Bush league move by them...

DraftBoy
04-29-2013, 07:30 AM

Pre-season rosters aren't full. Camp limit is 90 and a number of teams are under that amount.

Scumbag College
04-29-2013, 07:40 AM
Bring him in!

better days
04-29-2013, 07:43 AM
Pre-season rosters aren't full. Camp limit is 90 and a number of teams are under that amount.

Which teams are under 90, & do they NEED a QB? If a team is under 90 but has no need of a QB then it really doesn't matter that they are under 90.

Extremebillsfan247
04-29-2013, 07:48 AM
Yeah, I bet they were shopping him.

Sources say Jets threw in a 2nd round pick just to see if any team wanted him. No suitors, so they let him go. :lol:

Extremebillsfan247
04-29-2013, 07:51 AM
Bring him in!
Hell no. Tebow has a curse on him. I'd rather he be some other team's problem.

trapezeus
04-29-2013, 07:52 AM
can't wait to see what team that wants to sell some jersey's picks this guy up. you know the far right will continue to bang their drum for this guy who can't throw a football and buy his jersey.

ticatfan
04-29-2013, 07:55 AM
Rumour has it , he was seen at a edmonton mini camp.

Meathead
04-29-2013, 07:55 AM
good thing we picked ej eh

Generalissimus Gibby
04-29-2013, 07:59 AM
Bring him in!

He's a bit small for guard, but maybe he can play linebacker?

- - - Updated - - -

can't wait to see what team that wants to sell some jersey's picks this guy up. you know the far right will continue to bang their drum for this guy who can't throw a football and buy his jersey.

He'll go to Jacksonville

justasportsfan
04-29-2013, 08:06 AM
Bring him in!

I'm all for it. Competition, competition, competition. Other than Woods , we brought in play makers with question marks. Tebow will fit right in.

Don't Panic
04-29-2013, 08:09 AM
Hell no. Tebow has a curse on him. I'd rather he be some other team's problem.

Ha! The curse of winning playoff games maybe...

Curse. Get the Superstition out of here. I'd tell him there is little to no chance you play QB here but we'd love to have you as a part of our offensive package. Be honest from day one. Make him feel wanted at the same time. I'd be all for it.

Extremebillsfan247
04-29-2013, 08:25 AM
Ha! The curse of winning playoff games maybe...

Curse. Get the Superstition out of here. I'd tell him there is little to no chance you play QB here but we'd love to have you as a part of our offensive package. Be honest from day one. Make him feel wanted at the same time. I'd be all for it.

:lol: The Jets are so bad they look like the blight of the Hoods of Detroit. -> http://morallowground.com/wp-content/uploads/detroit-blight-e1297204668114.jpg That's the Curse of Tim Tebow. The Bills have had enough problems the last 13 years. No thanks. Ha ha...

BleedinGreenNC
04-29-2013, 08:28 AM

Really? They wanted to get a pick for him, use your own wors, dont use Schlereths.

RedEyE
04-29-2013, 08:31 AM
I would be extremely careful with the Jets bashing. I remember a 2008 Dolphins team under Sparano that looked like a **** stained diaper on paper.

They went 11-5 took 1st in the division and lost to the Ravens in the Wildcard.

Now come November and they've won only a handful of games, talk all that smack and more.

ghz in pittsburgh
04-29-2013, 08:35 AM
I can see one team that does it.

The PATS.

Bellichick is as arrogant as any out there. Josh McDaniel drafted Tebow in the first place and is now the OC. And the whole Pats team is such that troubled players/distraction never seem to grow on them.

But I bet they'd have to run this by Brady. Even though Brady's place will never be affected the slightest by the addition of Tebow, I don't know if Brady ever wants to take a play off under any circumstance. Kind of like Manning in Denver. Brady is arguably the best player in NFL. When do you want to take the best player off a play in any case?

Extremebillsfan247
04-29-2013, 08:36 AM
I would be extremely careful with the Jets bashing. I remember a 2008 Dolphins team under Sparano that looked like a **** stained diaper on paper.

Now come November and they've won only a handful of games, talk all that smack and more.

Bashing the Jets is what I do, I'm a Bills fan.

ServoBillieves
04-29-2013, 08:38 AM
Oh good, I get to hear about this for a month...

Novacane
04-29-2013, 08:54 AM
The Jets had given permission this offseason to Tebow's agent, Jimmy Sexton, to try to seek a trade, a source familiar with situation said. More than one team reached out to see whether Tebow was willing to switch positions from quarterback to tight end, but he was not.

He's gonna have to swallow his pride if he wants to stay in the NFL. It's either that or go to Canada to play QB.

RedEyE
04-29-2013, 09:03 AM
Good Lord. He would be a horrible TE.

djjimkelly
04-29-2013, 09:04 AM
my prediction is that tebow is starting for a cfl franchise next season. he will either show hes a real qb who can throw or be out of football

if he has any hope of ever being a real nfl player this is his only route

i do not believe any nfl franchise will sign him

RedEyE
04-29-2013, 09:07 AM
my prediction is that tebow is starting for a cfl franchise next season. he will either show hes a real qb who can throw or be out of football

Then a boomerang back into the NFL late in his career?

I've seen how this story played out with Doug Flutie. HA!

NOT THE DUDE...
04-29-2013, 09:12 AM

i 100% agree... also, stay the hell away from tebow...

jets offense is much better in talent than people say...

hill
holmes
kerley
gates are a nice wr combo....

ivory, powell, mcknight, goodson are a good rb duo...

colon replaced slauson
brian winters replaces moore

cumberland and some rookie te replace keller...

they will compete, sanchez or geno...

DraftBoy
04-29-2013, 09:34 AM
Which teams are under 90, & do they NEED a QB? If a team is under 90 but has no need of a QB then it really doesn't matter that they are under 90.

I don't know if any team at 90 currently, but I haven't checked thoroughly.

Tebow is not a QB so the need for a QB is irrelevant not matter how much he doesn't want to switch positions. If he refuses to change position it wouldn't matter when the cut him because he'll find himself out of the league soon enough.

Historian
04-29-2013, 09:34 AM
Oh good, I get to hear about this for a month...

:roflmao:

trapezeus
04-29-2013, 09:42 AM
i hate tebow as a player, however, if he somehow ends up on the bills, it would just be so excellent if he had a legendarily amazing game against them twice.

He seems like the kind of guy who would absolutely relish showing hte jets up for really messing with him.

I didn't think he was much of a QB, but he didn't really deserve to be mismanaged as poorly as he was. especially with sanchez playing as poorly as he was at the time.

but if the bills passed on this guy, i'd be happier.

DynaPaul
04-29-2013, 11:44 AM
Realistically the guy is a great role model but he's just not a QB. He has no place here so I don't see the logic behind people wanting to bring him in. We already have Brad Smith.

Crisis
04-29-2013, 12:49 PM
Have fun in Canada, Tim. Is the USFL still around?

BertSquirtgum
04-29-2013, 01:10 PM
The Bills should trade for him.

Jeff1220
04-29-2013, 01:23 PM
The Jets had given permission this offseason to Tebow's agent, Jimmy Sexton, to try to seek a trade, a source familiar with situation said. More than one team reached out to see whether Tebow was willing to switch positions from quarterback to tight end, but he was not.

He's gonna have to swallow his pride if he wants to stay in the NFL. It's either that or go to Canada to play QB.

I wonder if his hands are any good. From a physical standpoint, TE seems like a good fit.

Lexwhat
04-29-2013, 01:27 PM
I would take Tebow... as a Running Back. If he was a team player. Too bad he's not. Just for that reason, it's unlikely any team would take him and the circus media that follows him.

He actually has a better chance of being a back-up RB in this league than a back-up QB. He could be an option on short-yardage and goal-line situations.

At first I thought the Patriots might look at him cuz Josh McDaniels is there, but then who would be stupid enough to take snaps away from Tom Brady?

I don't envision Tebow playing in the NFL next year.

BertSquirtgum
04-29-2013, 01:28 PM
I wonder if his hands are any good. From a physical standpoint, TE seems like a good fit.

Tebow turned down numerous teams that asked him to come in and play TE. The idiot still thinks he's a quarterback.

trapezeus
04-29-2013, 01:34 PM
Tebow can probably afford to sit out until TC when some team gets a case of the injured QB's. If he signs as a TE or RB, and then another team needs a QB in a pinch, he won't get a chance to play the position he wants to play.

if injuries aren't significant, you might see him go to a contender who says, "look, you can win with us and play 3 downs a game, or you can sit at home and do nothing."

but if i was a really good team, i wouldn't want the distraction of tebow.

Crisis
04-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Tim Tebow got an offer... to compete for a backup QB job... for the Montreal Alouettes

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/328906955924062208

RedEyE
04-29-2013, 01:43 PM
Tim Tebow got an offer... to compete for a backup QB job... for the Montreal Alouettes

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/328906955924062208

LMAO!! Ouch!!

jwenger
04-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Tebow turned down numerous teams that asked him to come in and play TE. The idiot still thinks he's a quarterback.

Watch for Bellycheat to get him and convince him to play
LB and he will star. He is a football player and can play
most positions except the obvious like QB but I'd still
rather have him then Fitzpatrick or nassib.

gebobs
04-29-2013, 01:49 PM
And if a team is over 90 and they do, no problem. Hit the eject button.

better days
04-29-2013, 01:52 PM

You are probably right. The Jets destroyed his value last year. He will need to reestablish himself in the CFL.

- - - Updated - - -

And if a team is over 90 and they do, no problem. Hit the eject button.

True.

MikeInRoch
04-29-2013, 02:13 PM

Not bush league in the LEAST. If a team thought he was an upgrade, they could cut someone and pick him up. The fact is that he generally isn't.

MikeInRoch
04-29-2013, 02:19 PM
You are probably right. The Jets destroyed his value last year. He will need to reestablish himself in the CFL.

What value?? He CANNOT PLAY THE POSITION. PERIOD.

ghz in pittsburgh
04-29-2013, 02:52 PM
Tebow can probably afford to sit out until TC when some team gets a case of the injured QB's. If he signs as a TE or RB, and then another team needs a QB in a pinch, he won't get a chance to play the position he wants to play.

if injuries aren't significant, you might see him go to a contender who says, "look, you can win with us and play 3 downs a game, or you can sit at home and do nothing."

but if i was a really good team, i wouldn't want the distraction of tebow.

Not a chance! The Jets found out that it is not easy.

The problem is that Tebow needs a completely different offense designed catering to his strength. Virtually any system for convetional QB -even for Vick - does not work for him. That makes him ill-suited as a backup. To make use of him for a few optional plays, you have to design plays just for him, not others. It's more of a burden than anything else.

The 1/2 season in Denver where he's successful, they pared down the playbook significantly to play into his strength. Long term, Elway and Fox knew it was not a sustainable solution.

JohnnyGold
04-29-2013, 03:38 PM

if i was a gm, i would sign him up right now.

he's won a playoff game. that's more than we can say, as a bills organization, for the last 20 (18) years. if that broncos team is so amazing, and won inspite of tebow, why couldnt they win without him? they made it to the same round of the playoffs with manning and tebow.

say what you want, but if you're going to say that qb is the most important position in football, than tebow should have a starting job ASAP. if qb IS NOT the most important position in football--thats fine too. he can take his lumps and be out of the league. but if you're going to say that qb is not the most important position in football... well, thats a pretty aggressive stance to take.

he's being blackballed, plain and simple.

like he couldn't do better than ponder in minnesota?

than dalton in cincy?

there are so many teams that have hit their ceiling with their middle of the road qbs, that could bennefit from bringing tebow in.

itll sell tickets, itll get you publicity, and until he steps on the field and proves it wrong: itll win you games.

Lexwhat
04-29-2013, 03:42 PM

itll sell tickets, itll get you publicity, and until he steps on the field and proves it wrong: itll win you games.

JohnnyGold... Is that Tebow's Agent's name?

BertSquirtgum
04-29-2013, 03:57 PM
I'm pretty sure Skip Bayless has a huge man crush on Tebow and would like to take his virginity.

trapezeus
04-29-2013, 04:36 PM
Not a chance! The Jets found out that it is not easy.

The problem is that Tebow needs a completely different offense designed catering to his strength. Virtually any system for convetional QB -even for Vick - does not work for him. That makes him ill-suited as a backup. To make use of him for a few optional plays, you have to design plays just for him, not others. It's more of a burden than anything else.

The 1/2 season in Denver where he's successful, they pared down the playbook significantly to play into his strength. Long term, Elway and Fox knew it was not a sustainable solution.

like i said, i'm not a big tebow fan at all as a player or as a person with his religious beliefs. but football wise, when a starter goes down, there are enough teams that don't have enough guys that tebow is a better answer than trying to find an out of football guy. you can still run a simple offense and maybe win a game or two with him. if you are a good team with playoff aspirations, you might be willing to do that to win 1 or 2 games, then to get a guy who hasn't dealt with any NFL gametime pressure.

Once a starter goes down, teams panic. it's not out of the question.

trapezeus
04-29-2013, 04:41 PM

he's won a playoff game. that's more than we can say, as a bills organization, for the last 20 (18) years. if that broncos team is so amazing, and won inspite of tebow, why couldnt they win without him? they made it to the same round of the playoffs with manning and tebow.

say what you want, but if you're going to say that qb is the most important position in football, than tebow should have a starting job ASAP. if qb IS NOT the most important position in football--thats fine too. he can take his lumps and be out of the league. but if you're going to say that qb is not the most important position in football... well, thats a pretty aggressive stance to take.

he's being blackballed, plain and simple.

like he couldn't do better than ponder in minnesota?

than dalton in cincy?

there are so many teams that have hit their ceiling with their middle of the road qbs, that could bennefit from bringing tebow in.

he has a below 50% completion percentage. how many of the bills crappy qb's this decade have played really poorly? and they don't have a career completion percentage sub 50.

Broncos were winning going into the last 2 minutes. i doubt tebow would have had put up the same amount of points against the eventual SB champs.

He isn't blackballed. He's a bad qb. and his religous beliefs grate on people. HE divides locker-rooms. and its moreso that players who put in the time and actually perform are being asked about a guy who isn't much better than the 53 man who made final cuts.

Everyone says he's such a good guy, but he comes off very ego-maniacal. It's always about him and his praise to god. he needs to get into his position and learn to throw a ball like a low level QB if he even wants to get a shot to do this again.

It'd be great to get jersey sales, but thats about it.

Bert102176
04-29-2013, 04:53 PM
All he has done when given the chance to play is win look what happened when the Broncos let him start, they won, then he was traded to the jets where the most he played was in the first game of the year against the Bills and what did they do they won that game.

BillsFever21
04-29-2013, 05:59 PM
No big surprise here. He was going to be released whether they drafted Geno Smith or not.

If he is still hellbent on being a QB then it may be hard for him to find a team. Unless it's some loser team that's trying to sell some tickets then no club is going to want to put up with the circus that surrounds him for a QB who is lucky to complete half of his passes.

BillsFever21
04-29-2013, 06:04 PM
I'm pretty sure Skip Bayless has a huge man crush on Tebow and would like to take his virginity.

I get so sick and tired of hearing him talk about him on First Take. Almost any conversation can turn into a Tebow topic with him.

The same guy who thinks that Tim Tebow is a great QB is the same guy who said this morning that we could've drafted EJ Manuel in the 4th round had we not drafted him in the 1st round. The guy is totally blinded by Tebow it's not even funny.

Sure it's definitely debatable whether Manuel would've been there in the 2nd round for us and there's a good chance that he could've. To say that he would've still been sitting there in the 4th round because Barkley, Nassib and Wilson were is just being a moron.

imbondz
04-29-2013, 10:05 PM
Tebow isn't the problem. It's the media circus that follows him. No way Patriots want him. Brady could never handle Tebow getting more press than him. Plus, any team that picks him up, the crowd will chant his name to put him in if/when the starting QB starts to suck. His only chance is either to switch positions, or go to Canada and prove himself. Too bad to, because the Jet's screwed his potential career. If a real team wanted him, they could have possibly worked an offense around him like Denver did. After what he did in Denver, regardless of how good their D was, he deserved/earned another shot at starting somewhere. It'd be interesting to see if there's ever been a QB who won their division, then won the 1st round playoff game, then was traded, and never started again. Obviously not including a qb who was old, or got injured

better days
04-29-2013, 10:51 PM
What value?? He CANNOT PLAY THE POSITION. PERIOD.

The FACT he led the Broncos to the playoffs & WON a game against the Steelers says this is BS PERIOD.

Generalissimus Gibby
04-30-2013, 12:12 AM
The FACT he led the Broncos to the playoffs & WON a game against the Steelers says this is BS PERIOD.

Did he lead them or ride what was a very good defensive team that had a good running game?

coastal
04-30-2013, 06:42 AM
Did he lead them or ride what was a very good defensive team that had a good running game?
He lead them.

next stupid condescending question from the resident multi-personality troll.

trapezeus
04-30-2013, 07:10 AM
tebow universally from all GM's has a very low grade from the GM's. He latched onto josh mcdaniels who is only back in the patriots organization because no one else wanted him but the cheaters.

The jets wanted to sell tickets from his fan base and got exactly what they asked for. a couple jersey sales. he's a poor practice player and he thinks god is going to lead him so he doesn't try any harder to learn the position.

if he was like every other football player who has to make it with hard work and good results, he wouldn't be so decisive. he should just go into politics in the south and get the crazies all riled up for his causes.

better days
04-30-2013, 07:19 AM
tebow universally from all GM's has a very low grade from the GM's. He latched onto josh mcdaniels who is only back in the patriots organization because no one else wanted him but the cheaters.

The jets wanted to sell tickets from his fan base and got exactly what they asked for. a couple jersey sales. he's a poor practice player and he thinks god is going to lead him so he doesn't try any harder to learn the position.

if he was like every other football player who has to make it with hard work and good results, he wouldn't be so decisive. he should just go into politics in the south and get the crazies all riled up for his causes.

This is another BS post. By ALL accounts Tebow is a VERY HARD worker & a GOOD teammate. His biggest problem is the stupid media & the athiests that HATE him.

trapezeus
04-30-2013, 10:35 AM
checkout jason cole's article on yahoo sports yesterday. it said he's a notoriously poor practice player.

i would just love to see an agnostic QB come out and have that denver season tebow had. I can guarantee you that qb would have had people being like, "that is odd that he's getting the wins, but that throwing motion and his accuracy suck!"

if tebow was a good practice player, wouldn't he have beaten out a guy who butt fumbled against a rival at home? Sanchez was a shell of a qb by week8. and tebow could not crack the starting line up? I don't know, maybe god isn't listening to tebow anymore.

gebobs
04-30-2013, 10:57 AM
checkout jason cole's article on yahoo sports yesterday. it said he's a notoriously poor practice player.

Jets' release of Tim Tebow could be blessing in disguise if QB is willing to take stock
(http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--jets--release-of-tim-tebow-could-be-blessing-in-disguise-of-qb-is-willing-to-take-stock-145252244.html)

What's disregarded about Tebow by so many people on both sides of the debate: He has the physical tools to play in the NFL, but not enough of the training required to do it. That's why Tebow can look great at times and look lost at others.

And that's why the high and low points of his career are separated by all of a week.

Tebow can't read defenses. He can't explain the differences between two-deep, three-deep and zero coverage, much less see them. He was never trained to do that at Florida by Urban Meyer (not that it was Meyer's responsibility to teach him; it was Meyer's responsibility to win).

Blame that reality on whatever you want. It could be the fact that Tebow is dyslexic. Coaches and players who were with him in Denver say that Tebow would get to the line and immediately lose track of the play call from the huddle in the jumble of what he was told and what he saw across the line.

Tebow was then traded to New York, where the Jets' coaching staff got scared after seeing what an awful practice player he is.

If he wants to make it in the NFL, he needs to change. He needs to learn the game. He needs to become a backup at some team that has an established quarterback, like New Orleans or New England.

He also needs to stop being a media presence. Tebow is a wonderful human being: polite, gentle, compassionate and giving. But he also never met a camera he didn't like. He wants to be a public figure so that he can spread the gospel he believes in.

That's fine and it's even OK that he has used football to do it. However, he is now at a point where being in the public eye detracts from his ability to make it as a football player. Teams don't like the sideshow Tebow brings.

better days
04-30-2013, 11:52 AM

i would just love to see an agnostic QB come out and have that denver season tebow had. I can guarantee you that qb would have had people being like, "that is odd that he's getting the wins, but that throwing motion and his accuracy suck!"

if tebow was a good practice player, wouldn't he have beaten out a guy who butt fumbled against a rival at home? Sanchez was a shell of a qb by week8. and tebow could not crack the starting line up? I don't know, maybe god isn't listening to tebow anymore.

Like you said Tebow is NOT a practice player. He is just the opposite of Trent Edwards. I doubt Denver fans cared what his religous beliefs were when he was WINNING games for them. I would bet even Bronco Athiests were on the Tebow bandwagon at the end of the season.

And there is no way Tebow could have beaten out Sanchez in NY because Sanchez was Rex's boy. He even has a tatoo of his wife wearing a Sanchez jersey.

Generalissimus Gibby
04-30-2013, 11:58 AM
He lead them.

next stupid condescending question from the resident multi-personality troll.

Says the man who stated how he was a forty niners' fan to get a rise out of people. Sorry, but just because he's part of your annual 5 card busts list doesn't mean he's any good. Tebow doesn't get anywhere near the post season without a good running game and a good D.

trapezeus
04-30-2013, 11:58 AM
if tebow was on the bills and we were winning the kind of games tebow was winning, i would have been concerned that it wasn't sustainable. if an athiest qb threw like tebow, i would be concerned.

he's a bad qb who excelled on one of hte best college teams based on more talent on their roster than others. he's a hard guy to bring down. but on a more level playing field, he doesn't have the football smarts to get it done.

MikeInRoch
04-30-2013, 04:03 PM
This is another BS post. By ALL accounts Tebow is a VERY HARD worker & a GOOD teammate. His biggest problem is the stupid media & the athiests that HATE him.

And the fact that he cannot play QB effectively.

Generalissimus Gibby
04-30-2013, 04:52 PM

He is a hard worker and a good team mate, but the rest of this post is bunk. The media loved him and had their lips on his testes, I just thank God that he never signed with the Pats because that would have just been too damn sickening. Also, to be fair the atheists might not like him but I'm a Christian and I still don't like him at QB because as good a team mate and hardworker as he is, he just doesn't have what it takes to be an NFL qb. As a person he's great, and I can't wait until he gets a mega church and establishes Tim Tebow Ministries. However, being an NFL QB is not his vocation.

JoeMama
04-30-2013, 04:55 PM
Like you said Tebow is NOT a practice player. He is just the opposite of Trent Edwards. I doubt Denver fans cared what his religous beliefs were when he was WINNING games for them. I would bet even Bronco Athiests were on the Tebow bandwagon at the end of the season.

And there is no way Tebow could have beaten out Sanchez in NY because Sanchez was Rex's boy. He even has a tatoo of his wife wearing a Sanchez jersey.

Really? It's the mean old atheists' fault now?

A couple of his biggest supporters on this site are atheists.

I think it's fair to characterize most NFL players as very religious if we're judging by their post-game interviews. If atheists really held players' religious beliefs against them, there wouldn't be many atheists in the stands.

And besides, atheists don't have the kind of sway to run a guy out of town. Maybe Tebow was let go in Denver and New York because he has a career losing record and lousy passing statistics? Maybe?

Generalissimus Gibby
04-30-2013, 06:29 PM
Really? It's the mean old atheists' fault now?

A couple of his biggest supporters on this site are atheists.

I think it's fair to characterize most NFL players as very religious if we're judging by their post-game interviews. If atheists really held players' religious beliefs against them, there wouldn't be many atheists in the stands.

And besides, atheists don't have the kind of sway to run a guy out of town. Maybe Tebow was let go in Denver and New York because he has a career losing record and lousy passing statistics? Maybe?

Too obvious man, has to be the atheists. After all I can never go to an NFL game without thinking would Jesus want me to root for this team?

GingerP
04-30-2013, 08:19 PM
Maybe Tebow was let go in Denver and New York because he has a career losing record and lousy passing statistics? Maybe?

I'll give you the lousy passing stats, but Tebow actually is 8-6 in games he has started in the NFL.

feldspar
04-30-2013, 08:46 PM
I'll give you the lousy passing stats, but Tebow actually is 8-6 in games he has started in the NFL.

John Skelton was basically 8-4 for the Cardinals before last year.

You don't really need to be a good QB to have a winning record.

JoeMama
05-01-2013, 01:17 AM

For some reason I thought his record was 8-9. I don't think 8-6 is really all that much better but it's worth correcting.

It's strange how much praise Tim Tebow got in Denver for a guy whose defense and kicker carried the team. Especially when you consider how bad he was the final three games of the regular season. That 3 interception, 2 fumble performance against the Bills (of all teams) was the nail in the coffin for me. Same as watching John Beck or Joey Harrington stink it up in Buffalo as Miami Dolphins. Losing to us is unforgivably bad.

Plus, can you imagine Ryan Fitzpatrick getting all the credit if he completed five passes in one game?

I definitely can't.

MikeInRoch
05-01-2013, 07:15 AM
It' just like how Flutie got credit when his running game/defense won games...

better days
05-01-2013, 07:18 AM
And the fact that he cannot play QB effectively.

He was VERY EFFECTIVE taking the Broncos to the playoffs & beating the Steelers in a playoff game.

better days
05-01-2013, 07:21 AM
He is a hard worker and a good team mate, but the rest of this post is bunk. The media loved him and had their lips on his testes, I just thank God that he never signed with the Pats because that would have just been too damn sickening. Also, to be fair the atheists might not like him but I'm a Christian and I still don't like him at QB because as good a team mate and hardworker as he is, he just doesn't have what it takes to be an NFL qb. As a person he's great, and I can't wait until he gets a mega church and establishes Tim Tebow Ministries. However, being an NFL QB is not his vocation.

The media loved the attention they got from covering Tebow, but they did NOT love him. The BRONCO Athiests LOVED him as did all Bronco fans.

better days
05-01-2013, 07:39 AM
It' just like how Flutie got credit when his running game/defense won games...

Flutie did not get enough credit for leading the Bills. And name me one QB that WINS without good players around him.

ticatfan
05-01-2013, 07:57 AM

i do not believe any nfl franchise will sign himTebow rights is owned by montreal, if he wants in, he will have to call the GM, the GM will not be calling him. And tebow will have to try and fight for a back up job if he is lucky. Playing QB in the CFL is alot harder than in the NFL. And IMO he will never make it up here.

better days
05-01-2013, 07:59 AM
Tebow rights is owned by montreal, if he wants in, he will have to call the GM, the GM will not be calling him. And tebow will have to try and fight for a back up job if he is lucky. Playing QB in the CFL is alot harder than in the NFL. And IMO he will never make it up here.

Why is it harder to play QB in the CFL? Because of the 3 downs or the wider field? The defenses are certainly NOT better than the NFL.

MikeInRoch
05-01-2013, 08:06 AM
He was VERY EFFECTIVE taking the Broncos to the playoffs & beating the Steelers in a playoff game.

His TEAM was very effective. Him? Not so much.

better days
05-01-2013, 08:18 AM
His TEAM was very effective. Him? Not so much.

Well, Tebow was more effective than Peyton Manning in the playoffs. Tebow Won a game against the Steelers, Manning won NOTHING.

Mike13
05-01-2013, 09:12 AM

Tebow's biggest problem is that he is a media whore and a ****ty QB.
Dont give us that "ooh those Christian hating atheists" crap.
If that was true than Colin Kaepernick would be hated just as much as Tebow.
He is the same style of player, except Kaepernick is lighter and actually a good QB.
Hell Kaepernick is a good Christian just like Tebow, why arent you hard for him?

Well, Tebow was more effective than Peyton Manning in the playoffs. Tebow Won a game against the Steelers, Manning won NOTHING.

Manning has won a Superbowl and is arguably the best QB of all time.
Tebow one a playoff game because someone on the Steelers ****ed up their coverage assignment.
Tebow is going to be out of the NFL sooner rather than later

GingerP
05-01-2013, 09:54 AM
John Skelton was basically 8-4 for the Cardinals before last year.

You don't really need to be a good QB to have a winning record.

Skelton was 7-4 in starts before last year, 8 -9 when he was cut after the 2012 season.

For the record, I never said he was a good QB. I was merely pointing out he wasn't a "losing" QB. Tebow is a terrible passer, but I think he deserves more credit than you are giving him for Denver playing well after he took over. The fact is they were terrible with Orton starting, then started winning after Tebow took over. His passing was poor, but with him running the Read-Option the Broncos were the best running game in the NFL and one of the best in the last 30 years. I understand why Denver moved on, but he did more than just follow along for the ride. He was a big part of their resurgence, he took over a 1-4 team and they started winning.

ticatfan
05-01-2013, 11:34 AM
Why is it harder to play QB in the CFL? Because of the 3 downs or the wider field? The defenses are certainly NOT better than the NFL.The first argument against the Tebow to the CFL storyline is that heading to Canada isn't a quick path back to NFL stardom. The Canadian game is vastly different from the American version, featuring a bigger field, 12 men a side, three downs, expanded motion rules and several other changes, so that makes adapting to it a tough challenge for any athlete. That's why the CFL all-star list each year tends to have plenty of older players who have been in the league for years; experience in the three-down game can be just as valuable as raw athletic skill.

This is even more true for American quarterbacks, as they essentially have to relearn the route trees, coverage packages and reads they've seen all their lives thanks to the differences in the game (particularly the 12 men on each side). A standard CFL defensive alignment is four defensive linemen, two linebackers, a hybrid linebacker/defensive back, two cornerbacks, two halfbacks and a single safety; the reads against that package are incredibly different from anything seen in American football, and when you throw in the expanded motion receivers can use and the larger field (plus the need to get more yards on each down), it can be exceptionally difficult for quarterbacks to adapt. This is why it's exceptionally rare to see a quarterback even get a start in his first year in the CFL (and in the rare cases where that has happened, it usually hasn't gone well). Adjusting to the Canadian game takes considerable time for quarterbacks, making it an undesirable path for those looking to quickly get back to the NFL. It's notable that even legendary CFL quarterbacks like Moon, Flutie and Garcia faced substantial challenges in their first few CFL seasons, and all spent significant time in the CFL before heading to the NFL.

Passing is the primary focus in the CFL thanks to the three-down nature of the game, and accuracy's even more important than it is in American football, as incomplete passes become even more costly when you typically only have two shots to gain 10 yards. Tebow also isn't particularly known for his arm strength, so there are legitimate questions about if he can throw the wide sideline routes required in the CFL (and those balls have to drop into very narrow windows, further increasing the premium on accuracy). Thus, the CFL game would seem to exacerbate Tebow's weaknesses while minimizing his strengths. More...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/tim-tebow-potential-cfl-isn-t-slam-dunk-172518654.html

ticatfan
05-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Where do CFL quarterbacks come from?
An obvious CFL trend over the years has been that many quarterbacks who were big names in the NCAA haven't exactly dominated three-down football. That's been particularly notable over the last calendar year, with former Florida pivot Chris Leak, ex-Hawaii star Colt Brennan and one-time Michigan man Tate Forcier all being cut. Of course, those three had somewhat different levels of success in college; Brennan broke NCAA passing records with mid-major Hawaii, while Leak wasn't dominant but still was the quarterback on a national championship team with Florida, while Forcier had one good year at Michigan before being overtaken by Denard Robinson and then bouncing from school to school. They all were relatively well-known before they went north, though, and they all washed out of the CFL quickly, while guys like Thomas DeMarco, Scott Riddle and Justin Goltz who played at lower levels in the NCAA still have CFL jobs. Having a job is one thing and being a starting quarterback is another, though, so it's worth examining just where all eight projected CFL starters this year came from (in a school sense rather than a birds-and-the-bees sense, of course). Here's that information:

What's notable is that while none of these starters came from Division II or Division III (unlike guys like Goltz), most were a much smaller deal in college than the three high-profile cuts mentioned above. Two starting quarterbacks (B.C.'s Travis Lulay and Toronto's Ricky Ray) played at the FCS level (the old I-AA, or effectively the second level of NCAA football), while three more (Montreal's Anthony Calvillo, Edmonton's Steven Jyles and Winnipeg's Buck Pierce) played in conferences outside the BCS auto-qualification process (which is restricted to the biggest six conferences, although that entire setup is changing), and even the three who played in AQ conferences weren't all at high-profile schools. Hamilton's Henry Burris played at Temple while the Owls were in the Big East, one of the lesser AQ conferences, and shortly after he left, they were kicked out for their non-competitiveness, spending years as an independent and then in the lower-profile Mid-American Conference. (They'll be joining the Big East again in 2013, but it's unlikely it will still be a power conference by then.) Saskatchewan's Darian Durant played at North Carolina in the ACC, but although he set plenty of school records, the Tar Heels have hardly been a football powerhouse, and they were just 19-30 during his four seasons there. The exception who was actually a legitimate college star during his NCAA career is Calgary's Drew Tate, who played for the Iowa Hawkeyes and led them to some reasonable success. In this crowd of starters, that makes him a notable outlier.

Why is this? Well, the primary factor is likely that most of the big-college stars are taken by the NFL, and even the ones who don't find incredible success there manage to hang on as backups or on practice rosters. Thus, the CFL's picking from a smaller pool, so they sometimes have to dig a little deeper, and big-name guys like Forcier, Leak and Brennan may have been passed over by the NFL for a reason. It seems there may be more to it than just that, though. Another element could be that adjusting to the CFL game can be difficult, and perhaps guys who weren't as well-known in college are more prepared to change how they approach things and put in extra work. Whatever's behind it, though, the current crop of starters have proven that you don't have to be a big-college star to excel in the three-down game. In fact, maybe you're better off if you don't have a high profile.

Team Quarterback School Conference Level
B.C. Lions Travis Lulay Montana State Big Sky Div I FCS
Calgary Stampeders Drew Tate Iowa Big 10 Div I FBS, BCS AQ
Edmonton Eskimos Steven Jyles Louisiana-Monroe Sun Belt Div I FBS, mid-major
Saskatchewan Roughriders Darian Durant North Carolina ACC Div I FBS, BCS AQ
Winnipeg Blue Bombers Buck Pierce New Mexico State Sun Belt (now WAC) Div I FBS, mid-major
Toronto Argonauts Ricky Ray Sacramento State Big Sky Div I FCS
Hamilton Tiger-Cats Henry Burris Temple Big East (then and now) Div I FBS, BCS AQ
Montreal Alouettes Anthony Calvillo Utah State Big West (now WAC) Div I FBS, mid-major

Totals:
FBS BCS AQ 3
FBS mid-major 3
FBS 6
FCS
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cfl-55-yard-line/where-cfl-quarterbacks-come-194702989.html

feldspar
05-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Skelton was 7-4 in starts before last year, 8 -9 when he was cut after the 2012 season.

Skelton was basically 8-4, dude. He missed THREE offensive plays against San Francisco...Kolb got kneed in the head and left the game after the first series. Talk about "starts" all you want, but this was Skelton's game from start to finish. You don't just discredit that because Kolb took 3 snaps...and did nothing BTW...the offense had negative yardage after that drive. Do think that we should give Kolb credit for that win? Skelton played well, and beat a very good team.

My point is that Skelton was 6-2 that year with the Cardinals, but you never heard about that because his name wasn't Tim Tebow. Tebow was 7-4 that year.

For the record, I never said he was a good QB. I was merely pointing out he wasn't a "losing" QB. Tebow is a terrible passer, but I think he deserves more credit than you are giving him for Denver playing well after he took over. The fact is they were terrible with Orton starting, then started winning after Tebow took over. His passing was poor, but with him running the Read-Option the Broncos were the best running game in the NFL and one of the best in the last 30 years. I understand why Denver moved on, but he did more than just follow along for the ride. He was a big part of their resurgence, he took over a 1-4 team and they started winning.

I think I give Tebow the right amount of credit. You see the Broncos winning a game where Tebow completed 2 passes. Another game, he plays like crap for 55 minutes, he makes a play or two, and the team recovers an inside kick...there are those that would credit Tebow for that onside kick. Did he "inspire" that? The game goes into overtime, and the other team fumbles at their own end...Broncos win. Just crazy **** at the end, with no semblance of quality QB play throughout the game. I figure that Tebow DID inspire his team to a degree, but there is no magical quality about Tebow.

Seriously, the guy averaged around 10 or 11 completions per game over 6 of his 7 wins. That's unheard of for a starting QB in the NFL. Your running stats are going to skyrocket if you can't throw the ball very well, regardless. They HAD to base their game on the run. Tebow completely shat the bed down the stretch too, losing the last three games of the season in TERRIBLE fashion. Remember the Buffalo game? The Broncos got damn LUCKY to make the playoffs that year, but they got their help.

Against the Steelers, Tebow was able to make big plays in the passing game because the Steelers didn't respect his ability to throw the ball AT ALL. They stacked the box against the run the whole game, playing man-to-man with ZERO deep help from the safeties. So if a receiver got behind his man, he was gone. That's why Tebow averaged 31.6 yards PER COMPLETION. The Steelers were stupid to stick with this game plan (even into overtime), when it was clear that it left them vulnerable. I will give Tebow credit for making those throws though. I don't dislike the guy, and I was actually rooting for him in that game.

We'll see how long the read-option can stick around in the NFL, but the difference between Tebow and the other successful option QBs is that they can throw the ball well.

No team might take on Tebow now...the hype baggage is too great. I do not understand all that over the top hype.

MikeInRoch
05-01-2013, 06:35 PM

Tebow's TEAM was more effective that Manning's TEAM. To a large extent, because Pittsburgh was dumb, and because Denver's defense was dumb against a hail mary at the end of the game against Baltimore.

better days
05-01-2013, 11:02 PM
Tebow's TEAM was more effective that Manning's TEAM. To a large extent, because Pittsburgh was dumb, and because Denver's defense was dumb against a hail mary at the end of the game against Baltimore.

It was TEBOW that threw the pass to WIN the Game against the Steelers.

Rob's House
05-02-2013, 12:39 AM

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

MikeInRoch
05-02-2013, 09:04 AM

ONE play. If the Steelers hadn't played a stupid defense all day they would have won easily.

better days
05-02-2013, 09:34 AM
ONE play. If the Steelers hadn't played a stupid defense all day they would have won easily.

IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF. One play, NOT the only play Tebow made in that Game, but the WINNING play.

Bill Cody
05-02-2013, 12:23 PM
I think Tebow needs to swallow some pride and go the CFL and get a chance to rebrand himself. He cannot do that in the NFL because he's not going to get the chance to play. If he wins a couple Gray Cups he might get another chance.

Mike13
05-02-2013, 02:50 PM

Thomas was wide the **** open on that play due to poor coverage.
Anyone could have made that throw. It just happened to be a very bad QB.

MikeInRoch
05-02-2013, 02:56 PM
IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF. One play, NOT the only play Tebow made in that Game, but the WINNING play.

In one game. Which means that yes, he still sucks.