PDA

View Full Version : Define: Franchise Quarterback

MikeInRoch
04-29-2013, 10:25 AM
With all the debate lately over who is/isn't/could turn into/likely will never be a franchise Quarterback, it seems like part of the debate is over what the definition of a Franchise Quarterback actually is.

Is it:

A quarterback who plays well enough year to year to make the Pro Bowl on a consistent basis?

A quarterback who makes the playoffs on a consistent basis?

A quarterback who is capable of being *the* reason the team wins games?

A quarterback who has won the Super Bowl?

A QB who is the unquestioned leader of your team?

Depending on your definition, there could be very few "Franchise QBs" in the NFL, or quite a few. So is that an elite label that you only put on the top 5-6? Or do a lot of teams have a "Franchise QB?"

Historian
04-29-2013, 10:56 AM
A Quarterback who opens up a real cool bar in town?

imbondz
04-29-2013, 11:01 AM
when someone says Franchise QB, I always think it means which QB can take the team to the SuperBowl and win it.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
04-29-2013, 11:02 AM
EJ Manchise

The King
04-29-2013, 11:17 AM
They become the face of the franchise. When the game is on the line you trust them to put you in a position to win.

DraftBoy
04-29-2013, 11:19 AM
A quarterback who is capable of being *the* reason the team wins games?

My answer

DynaPaul
04-29-2013, 11:42 AM
The guy you can count on every game who is reliable in his play. He doesn't necessarily have to be Pro Bowl every year or win the Super Bowl, that would be nice though, but competency in their job is a must. They have to be able to get the ball to any point on the field and not make stupid decisions every game.

MidnightVoice
04-29-2013, 11:46 AM
when someone says Franchise QB, I always think it means which QB can take the team to the SuperBowl and win it.

So Jimbo wasn't a Franchise QB?