I'll forgive a lot of Darcy's sins if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

I'll forgive a lot of Darcy's sins if...

He can find a trading partner for Drew Stafford.

I don't even care what kind of value he gets in return. Just dump the salary and free up the cap space. He's exactly the type of complacent underachiever that needs to be kept as far away as possible from the young guys like Grigs, Flynn and Porter.

I realize Stafford has very little trade value and this would be difficult to pull off, which is why I'd give Darcy a ton of credit for pulling it off.

Conversely, Ville Leino needs to be bought out. This is a no-brainer. If Leino is still on the roster when training camp starts, that alone should be grounds for firing Regier.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: I'll forgive a lot of Darcy's sins if...

I agree on all points.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

How do you guys feel about Erhoff?
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Keep Ehrhoff. He's not the greatest but he's the only vet stay-at-home defenseman we have at the moment.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mski
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          Keep Ehrhoff. He's not the greatest but he's the only vet stay-at-home defenseman we have at the moment.
          he is anything but a stay at home defenseman... he's a puck mover/point guy... Webber is our best stay home dman
          RIP Tommy D!
          12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• Mski
            • Mar 2006

back to the OP, im not upset stafford wasnt moved, and agree with your criticism of him being an under achiever, all said and done his contract isnt that bad, and for as much as even i like to complain about his play, its still above journeyman level. i think with stronger leadership in the organization and the locker room, or a few players who arent afraid of telling their teammates whats up ie: ott and porter (yes the rookie). his stats may not improve, but his consistancy might

as for leino, i still like him, i think he was in the dog house with Lindy from day 1, and wouldnt strive under his "f offense everyone has to stay back and defend" system.. i think he can be a good playmaker when healthy (which he wasnt at any time this year)
            Last edited by Mski; 04-30-2013, 10:53 AM.
            RIP Tommy D!
            12/25/1978-9/9/2008

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mski View Post
              he is anything but a stay at home defenseman... he's a puck mover/point guy... Webber is our best stay home dman
              Dammit, I think I was thinking of Regher, who's already gone. I always get those two confused, probably because they were acquired at the same time.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dude
                that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
                • Feb 2005

Darcy will never be fired. The Sabres are run by a bunch of idiots, including Terry Pegula. How that man ever made as much money as he did is beyond me.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

back to the OP, im not upset stafford wasnt moved, and agree with your criticism of him being an under achiever, all said and done his contract isnt that bad, and for as much as even i like to complain about his play, its still above journeyman level. i think with stronger leadership in the organization and the locker room, or a few players who arent afraid of telling their teammates whats up ie: ott and porter (yes the rookie). his stats may not improve, but his consistancy might

as for leino, i still like him, i think he was in the dog house with Lindy from day 1, and wouldnt strive under his "f offense everyone has to stay back and defend" system.. i think he can be a good playmaker when healthy (which he wasnt at any time this year)
                  Leino was in Rolston's doghouse too. He was a healthy scratch on a team hurting for goals. That doesn't say much,

As far as stafford, I understand why he wasn't moved at the deadline: easier said than done. But with more time in the off-season, I hope Darcy can figure it out. This guy's just been too flat for too long. He's a third liner at best, and he had a season with Ott and Porter (granted, a shortened one) and it made no difference.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

And btw it's depressing that we Buffalo fans are yet again discussing possible off-season moves right as the playoffs are about to start.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mski
                      • Mar 2006

Leino was in Rolston's doghouse too. He was a healthy scratch on a team hurting for goals. That doesn't say much
                      its come out that when he came back out of the lineup, it was actually due to a punctured lung, and i personally dont think his hip was ever close to back to where it should have been

As far as stafford, I understand why he wasn't moved at the deadline: easier said than done. But with more time in the off-season, I hope Darcy can figure it out. This guy's just been too flat for too long. He's a third liner at best, and he had a season with Ott and Porter (granted, a shortened one) and it made no difference.
                      I think it did make a difference, i think he was a much better player after Lindy was gone, and Porter came up, and continued to improve thru the end of the year... however i agree that he may not be much more then a 3rd liner
                      Last edited by Mski; 04-30-2013, 11:15 AM.
                      RIP Tommy D!
                      12/25/1978-9/9/2008

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

i get your point about Leino, but you only get this amnesty buyout this year. You kind of have to take this opportunity and let him go. he was given his chance. he didn't do anything. i guarantee you the sabres can be in the running at a much lower cost for his services to see if he has something in him. i can't imagine other teams looking at the past two years as a reason to sign him for any reason.

Comment

• Mski
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                          i get your point about Leino, but you only get this amnesty buyout this year. You kind of have to take this opportunity and let him go. he was given his chance. he didn't do anything. i guarantee you the sabres can be in the running at a much lower cost for his services to see if he has something in him. i can't imagine other teams looking at the past two years as a reason to sign him for any reason.
                          they have next offseason too
                          RIP Tommy D!
                          12/25/1978-9/9/2008

Comment

• Swiper
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

ROFLMAO. Do you actually watch hockey? Understand it? Ehrhoff is the opposite of that.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                              ROFLMAO. Do you actually watch hockey? Understand it? Ehrhoff is the opposite of that.
                              I just said I confused him with Regher.

And yes, I saw probably 40 of the 48 games this year.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X