PDA

View Full Version : Why Tebow should get an offer from the Lingerie Football League

Mr. Miyagi
04-30-2013, 09:23 AM
From Sirius Mad Dog Sports this AM:

Tebow is getting an offer from the Lingerie Football League to be a QB Coach.

He can teach the female players how to throw like a girl.

:rofl:

OpIv37
04-30-2013, 09:27 AM
He'd have to turn down the offer anyway. His religion expressly forbids scantily clad women or any other expression of human sexuality.

Lexwhat
04-30-2013, 11:46 AM
From Sirius Mad Dog Sports this AM:

Tebow is getting an offer from the Lingerie Football League to be a QB Coach.

He can teach the female players how to throw like a girl.

:rofl:

This comment isn't directed towards you, but we are only laughin at him from a football standpoint.

To be real -- How many dudes in here wouldn't take up an offer like that?? He's already a millionaire, surrounded by beautiful women, and doesn't have to put up with the same day-to-day employment crap that normal people put up with.

DynaPaul
05-01-2013, 08:43 AM
Looks like his only real shot to be a starter is in the CFL and even that is precipitous.

ticatfan
05-01-2013, 01:59 PM
The Omaha Beef, the indoor football team has offered him a contract for $75 per game.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like his only real shot to be a starter is in the CFL and even that is precipitous.

Never.

Skooby
05-01-2013, 01:59 PM
I'd like him as our team chaplain.

BillsFever21
05-01-2013, 05:24 PM
He would probably have a lot in common with the players on the team. They could all have slumber parties.

Crisis
05-01-2013, 05:45 PM
But I was told by people on this forum he's better than Peyton...

JoeMama
05-01-2013, 06:19 PM
Tebow's a good kid and a hard worker. I'm sure he'll resurface somewhere in the NFL this season.

The litany of negative press he's received the past 4 days seems almost intentionally humiliating. Even I think maybe people should cool it.

1) Tebow gets cut by the Jets.

2) The Montreal Allouettes own Tebow's rights in the CFL but claim he wouldn't be their starting QB.

3) The Omaha Beef offer him 75 bucks a game to play in the arena league.

4) Beef QB James McNear says Tebow can "learn a lot" as his backup.

Really?

I think it's worth a cheap laugh when a celebrity gets dropped a peg or two, but come on...

At this point it's starting to feel a little tacked on.

If I had to advise Tebow, I'd tell him to keep his spirits high and his profile low until these headlines wash over. He'll get another shake somewhere.

OpIv37
05-01-2013, 06:31 PM
The harder they come, the harder they fall.

Tebow had way too much hype coming out of college. Granted, he was a great college QB, but it doesn't take Bill Parcells to see his skill set wasn't exactly pro material.

He got way too much hype in Denver because he struggled for 58 minutes then had one good drive to end the games. The hype should have died down when the pathetic D of the 2011 Bills embarrassed him, but it didn't.

He got way too much hype when he signed with NYJ. A press conf for a backup QB? Seriously? Even in the '12 opener when the Jets whooped us, Tebow did nothing but the stupid CBS crew wouldn't stop talking about him even as every other player on the team kicked our ass.

To be fair, Tebow had little to no control over the hype, and he seems like he's doing his best to take the high road. But it's no surprise that the same media hype machine that propped him up above what his play warranted is now piling on when he's down/

JoeMama
05-01-2013, 10:27 PM
The harder they come, the harder they fall.

Tebow had way too much hype coming out of college. Granted, he was a great college QB, but it doesn't take Bill Parcells to see his skill set wasn't exactly pro material.

He got way too much hype in Denver because he struggled for 58 minutes then had one good drive to end the games. The hype should have died down when the pathetic D of the 2011 Bills embarrassed him, but it didn't.

He got way too much hype when he signed with NYJ. A press conf for a backup QB? Seriously? Even in the '12 opener when the Jets whooped us, Tebow did nothing but the stupid CBS crew wouldn't stop talking about him even as every other player on the team kicked our ass.

To be fair, Tebow had little to no control over the hype, and he seems like he's doing his best to take the high road. But it's no surprise that the same media hype machine that propped him up above what his play warranted is now piling on when he's down/

I'm not sure even Tim Tebow could have predicted what a cult of personality he would become. He's a good looking Christian kid who lives by his values, and with it, came the hopes and dreams of millions of fans who want him to be successful because of what he stands for. Many people hitch their wagon to his star for non-sports reasons, which is fine, but in a perverse way it does him a disservice because it makes his successes and failures represent something bigger than himself. And thus becomes the center of everyone's attention.

I do my best not to treat the media like one homogenous glob of talking points. Because there are obviously different media personalities with different points of views on any given program. There was a dude on ESPN radio last year talking about Tebow and he flat out said, I don't want to talk about Tebow, but I have to because it generates ratings and my producers insist on it. I'm surprised he wasn't reprimanded for it.

And you can tell that's true because we're sitting here discussing an unemployed backup QB with no association to the Buffalo Bills to speak of.

JoeMama
05-01-2013, 10:45 PM
But I was told by people on this forum he's better than Peyton...

I felt it was important to emphasize the word "people" because it's plural. And it's not a joke.

If one crazy fan believed Tebow was better than Manning, I get that. An outlier. But when multiple people think that? On what plane of reality is an 8-6 QB with limited passing ability better than a Superbowl champion and first ballot hall of famer?

Yet there are many fans in Tebow's corner on that one. And it makes me rub my eyes every time... like I'm in a Warner Bros cartoon and I'm seeing things.

Mr. Miyagi
05-02-2013, 08:37 AM
For the record, I LOVE TIM TEBOW. I would cuddle with him if I was gay. Seriously.

He's a good person, always says the right things and seems genuine about it. Never criticize or blame someone else. He's the kind of guy I would be happy to let my daughter marry.

That said, QB is just not his thing. If he loves football and not just being a QB, he would have a good future playing TE.