PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Kaufman

Maximilli
04-30-2013, 09:30 AM
Has anyone followed this guy i looked him up but i wanna hear your opinion i watched his highlight seems like he catches everything his way but i want to hear from you guys

PIZ
04-30-2013, 10:46 AM
Would love to see if he could add 20 pounds and be a TE. Looks awesome in the highlights, but I am not a scout.

Maximilli
04-30-2013, 11:07 AM
His Gonna need more then 20lbs lol

Lexwhat
04-30-2013, 11:55 AM
I don't know anything about this guy, but size-wise he looks like a David Nelson clone.

No idea if he's got more upside than Nelson or not.

Lone Stranger
04-30-2013, 11:56 AM
Reminds me a lot like David Nelson.... gets open but does not have great speed.

K-Gun
04-30-2013, 12:14 PM
He's built like Nelson, with similar speed. But he had huge production, 33TD's vs. Nelson's 7. I hope he gets a good look for a roster spot, b/c from the highlights he looks strong and could create serious mismatches.

Maximilli
04-30-2013, 12:53 PM
He's built like Nelson, with similar speed. But he had huge production, 33TD's vs. Nelson's 7. I hope he gets a good look for a roster spot, b/c from the highlights he looks strong and could create serious mismatches.

Yea he looks physical going after the ball strong hands but we could only carry what 6 receivers so who are your 6

RedEyE
04-30-2013, 01:09 PM
I love all of the receiving prospects the Bills were able to pick up this year. There is going to be serious competition this off-season and not everyone is going to like the outcome because I just don't see anyway all of these guys have a chance of making the team.

VETs:
Stevie Johnson: Unless he does something incredibly stupid between now and preseason, I don't think there is a snowball chance in hell SJ is not on this team in 2013.

Marcus Easley: Drafted in 2010, Easley has been decimated by injury. While having flashed signs of promise when healthy, his healthy days are much easier to count than his days on IR. Easley really has something to prove this season and he is going to have to beat out a ton of other fellas to make the 53 man roster.

Brad Smith: I personally think his days are numbered. His best attribute might be return man at this point and he makes a bit much to be just that to the Bills. Besides, with the recent addition of speed players through the draft, Smith is the old man out. Mix that with the fact that he's not a great WR and not a great QB, he has no place in Buffalo anymore than the Wildcat does.

TJ Graham: This is the one veteran WR head scratcher for me. I think there might be a spot on this roster for TJ but he is going to have to "up" his game. I believe that it's not going to take much to work his way off the 53 man roster this year if he's not careful. Was it me or did he just seemed lost in Gailey's offense last year? He most most noticeable the first half of the season with some big grabs. But it looked as if he was hardly ever on the field the second half of the season. But some of that could be attributed to Fitzpatrick tiring and his lame arm and its 15 yard maximum ability of distance. Other times TJ seem to just not know the plays. I don't think the Bills are ready to give up on him just yet. But TJ should be concerned when looking at the draft this past week. At the end of the day I think its his job to lose.

Kevin Elliot: Probably doesn't have a chance in hell. Signed with Buffalo in early December 2012 after being released by Jacksonville, Elliot has ZERO ties to the Bills current coaching staff. More than likely camp fodder at this point IF he lasts that long. IF IF IF

Newbies:
Robert Wood: Has all the potential in the world to be what everyone expected TJ Graham should have been in 2012. Difference is his ceiling and floor are much higher than TJs. I'm excited to see him lined up opposite Stevie. His versatility and his speed instantly creates options for the offense. I love that this guys isn't afraid to take a lick and is always pushing for that extra 1/2 yard. I don't see anyway he doesn't make the 53 roster this year.

Marquise Goodwin: In my opinion Goodwin is a more athletic, faster version of Robert Parrish (hopefully without the injury bug). That's just flat out scary. I think he will be great in the slot during situational passing schemes but I'm really excited to see this kid return kicks. Holy ****! With his speed, balance and flexibility I expect big returns from Goodwin. I think he could be a more than adequate 3rd or 4th option at WR and a dynamic addition to special teams. I would love to see a play that has Goodwin and Spiller running routes.

Kevin Norrell: This kid has a huge uphill battle ahead of him. Great small school stats but he has a ton of talent to "show up" in order to make the squad. I know I'm killing him before he even gets a chance, but I think with this surrounding draft talent his chances of making the roster are very slim .

Da'Rick Rogers: I don't think I have ever been this excited about a UDFA before. If this kid can keep his nose clean and walk the walk on the field I think he can be something truly special. Honestly, I don't think he will be that much of a locker room distraction. He has incredibly strong hands and would be a great asset across the middle of a 3-4 defensive opponent. He has a legitimate shot at making the roster if he can tuck his ego away temporarily and has the aptitude to learn.

Brandon Kaufman: This kid plays with an incredible amount of heart and is very sure handed. His height alone (6-5) makes him an easy target to spot on the field and in the red zone. DBs hate having to work against his tall frame. Honestly I'm not sure there will be much room left on the roster for him unless someone else fails miserably. Perhaps a decent PS player.

Goobylal
04-30-2013, 01:15 PM
I like him a lot, but regarding "he looks strong," he only did 9 reps of 225#, which surprised me.

Maximilli
04-30-2013, 01:20 PM
Makes sense i would like SJ darick Goodwin woods kaufman Tj

Maximilli
04-30-2013, 01:21 PM
I like him a lot, but regarding "he looks strong," he only did 9 reps of 225#, which surprised me.
benching is not his strong point i guess but he attacks that ball i like him on this team

Generalissimus Gibby
04-30-2013, 02:25 PM
I love all of the receiving prospects the Bills were able to pick up this year. There is going to be serious competition this off-season and not everyone is going to like the outcome because I just don't see anyway all of these guys have a chance of making the team.

Here are my thoughts, take em or leave em

Stevie Johnson: Unless he does something incredibly stupid between now and preseason, I don't think there is a snowball chance in hell SJ is not on this team in 2013.

I agree with you, unless we used him to pull off a mega trade that brought in a world class talent at LB or he gets slammed with a felony charge he is going to be a starter on opening day

TJ Graham: This is the one veteran WR head scratcher for me. I think there might be a spot on this roster for TJ but he is going to have to "up" his game. I believe that it's not going to take much to work his way off the 53 man roster this year if he's not careful. Was it me or did he just seemed lost in Gailey's offense last year? He most most noticeable the first half of the season with some big grabs. But it looked as if he was hardly ever on the field the second half of the season. But some of that could be attributed to Fitzpatrick tiring and his lame arm and its 15 yard maximum ability of distance. Other times TJ seem to just not know the plays. I don't think the Bills are ready to give up on him just yet. But TJ should be concerned when looking at the draft this past week. At the end of the day I think its his job to lose.

I think you are going to like him with a qb who is actually capable of throwing the football to him. He'll be our number two receiver on opening day, but I look for Robert Woods to overtake him and move into the number two slot by the end of the season. That being said, I think TJ is going to be a fixture at OBD for the forseeable future

Marcus Easley: Drafted in 2010, Easley has been decimated by injury. While having flashed signs of promise when healthy, his healthy days are much easier to count than his days on IR. Easley really has something to prove this season and he is going to have to beat out a ton of other fellas to make the 53 man roster.

Depends on his camp and the pre-season, if the boy can just stay healthy he might make the final spot or at least end up on the practice squad.

Brad Smith: I personally think his days are numbered. His best attribute might be return man at this point and he makes a bit much to be just that to the Bills. Besides, with the recent addition of speed players through the draft, Smith is the old man out. Mix that with the fact that he's not a great WR and not a great QB, he has no place in Buffalo anymore than the Wildcat does.

We brought him in to play wildcat, to play qb, to play WR, and to return kicks and as it so happens he is completely versatile in regards to all of these positions. He stinks in the return game, our Wildcat only got 1 or 2 yards and never worked. He couldn't catch and he couldn't throw. He should have been axed before last season.

Kevin Elliot: Probably doesn't have a chance in hell. Signed with Buffalo in early December 2012 after being released by Jacksonville, Elliot has ZERO ties to the Bills current coaching staff. More than likely camp fodder at this point IF he lasts that long. IF IF IF

Classic roster fodder, oh well he'll be able to tell his kids he caught 10 passes in the NFL but he is not making the cut.

So my take is Joker, TJ, and maybe Easley for the vets

For the kids:

Robert Wood: Has all the potential in the world to be what everyone expected TJ Graham should have been in 2012. Difference is his ceiling and floor are much higher than TJs. I'm excited to see him lined up opposite Stevie. His versatility and his speed instantly creates options for the offense. I love that this guys isn't afraid to take a lick and is always pushing for that extra 1/2 yard. I don't see anyway he doesn't make the 53 roster this year.

Won't be the second receiver to start the year, but I look for him to overtake TJ by the end of the year and he may even become our primary in a few years time

Marquise Goodwin: In my opinion Goodwin is a more athletic, faster version of Robert Parrish (hopefully without the injury bug). That's just flat out scary. I think he will be great in the slot during situational passing schemes but I'm really excited to see this kid return kicks. Holy ****! With his speed, balance and flexibility I expect big returns from Goodwin. I think he could be a more than adequate 3rd or 4th option at WR and a dynamic addition to special teams. I would love to see a play that has Goodwin and Spiller running routes.

He makes the team for sure

Kevin Norrell: This kid has a huge uphill battle ahead of him. Great small school stats but he has a ton of talent to "show up" in order to make the squad. I know I'm killing him before he even gets a chance, but I think with this surrounding draft talent his chances of making the roster are very slim .

Camp Fodder

Da'Rick Rogers: I don't think I have ever been this excited about a UDFA before. If this kid can keep his nose clean and walk the walk on the field I think he can be something truly special. Honestly, I don't think he will be that much of a locker room distraction. He has incredibly strong hands and would be a great asset across the middle of a 3-4 defensive opponent. He has a legitimate shot at making the roster if he can tuck his ego away temporarily and has the aptitude to learn.

He should make it

Brandon Kaufman: This kid plays with an incredible amount of heart and is very sure handed. His height alone (6-5) makes him an easy target to spot on the field and in the red zone. DBs hate having to work against his tall frame. Honestly I'm not sure there will be much room left on the roster for him unless someone else fails miserably. Perhaps a decent PS player.

They might try to turn him into a TE, otherwise the only way he makes it is if Easley does not.

So to review, the WRs I think are shoe ins to make the roster:

Joker, TJ, Woods, Goodwin, and Rogers

WRs that may make the roster:

Easley and Kaufman

WRs who have no chance in hell:

Smith, Norrell, Elliot

Mski
05-01-2013, 09:52 AM
i think with alot of teams running 5 wide sets more often, teams will carry more WR's on the team then they have in the past, and that and CB seem to be the most oft injured positions in football

Bert102176
05-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Easley, Elliot, Norrell, smith all get cut we keep the rest.