• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MidnightVoice
    Retired (mostly)
    • Mar 2003

Geno Smith fires agent after draft

Geno Smith's fall to the New York Jets in the 2013 NFL Draft's second round certainly wasn't foreseen by the quarterback. In the days after the draft, Smith has fired his representation.

Geno Smith's draft fall to the New York Jets has claimed a victim other than Tim Tebow: Smith's agency.

Liz Mullen of Sports Business Journal reports that Smith fired Select Sports, the agency representing him throughout the draft process. By league rule, he can't hire another agent for another five days

With this, leaving the green room and guaranteeing playoffs, I am beginning to be glad we didn't pick him

But to play
    that’s the thing
    shut up and deal
    ~ Jesse May
  • Albany,n.y.
    • Jul 2002

Re: Geno Smith fires agent after draft

Having Marrone own him in college, including his last game & not going to the Senior Bowl hurt his draft stock. I cannot imagine the Bills having any interest in him after Marrone told Buddy how he defensed him in college. If his agent was the one responsible for his not going to the Senior Bowl, they should have been fired before the Senior Bowl. I hope he becomes the Jets starter because Marrone & staff will own him in the pros too.

Comment

Working...
    X