• BigZ
    • Sep 2003

Sal's comments at GR

Very nice article:http://www.wgr550.com/CAPACCIO-12-th...Bills/16228457
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Sal's comments at GR

Sal is a good egg and a great listen on the radio. Top shelf in my book.

His #2 point aboout Dareus at NT. Don't see it. He should be a DE next to NT Alan Branch.

His Kyle Williams thoughts. I wonder where he fits. If Mario WIlliams is still seen as a DE in a 3-4, then Kyle WIlliams isn't on the field much. Plus those ongoing foot issues. His status still needs to be figured out.

Don't assume UDFA Rogers is a lock at WR yet. He's going to get a paycheck now and may lose his mind. Needs to prove he's grown up, focusing on football and not acting like an idiot.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Kyle has a motor, he'll be on that field.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Good insights from Sal as usual.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
          Sal is a good egg and a great listen on the radio. Top shelf in my book.

His #2 point aboout Dareus at NT. Don't see it. He should be a DE next to NT Alan Branch.

His Kyle Williams thoughts. I wonder where he fits. If Mario WIlliams is still seen as a DE in a 3-4, then Kyle WIlliams isn't on the field much. Plus those ongoing foot issues. His status still needs to be figured out.

Don't assume UDFA Rogers is a lock at WR yet. He's going to get a paycheck now and may lose his mind. Needs to prove he's grown up, focusing on football and not acting like an idiot.
          Marcel played some NT at Bama pretty successfully before coming to the NFL. He's still best at the 5 tech on the edge imo.

I agree I'm not sure where you see Kyle Williams at this point, he's not going to play NT like he did previously or if he is its going to be on a rotation with Alan Branch. Williams should see plenty of snaps but will he be a starter? Who knows.

I think Rogers is at the top spot to make the team as any of our WR's are (beyond Woods) but don't count out WR Brandon Kaufman from EWU. He's got the size and hands of Nelson with better athleticism. Both players could make the team and force a veteran like Brad Smith (or maybe even TJ Graham) to be sent packing.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

The one position I'm really excited about is CB, we have our top three in Gilmore, Leodis, and Brooks but behind them is wide open and I really like both Kearney and Rolle who were brought in as UDFA's. Kearney is a BIG CB. He's 6'1, 189 lbs and runs low 4.4's. He was coached by former Bills CB Derek Burroughs at Lane and our DB Coach is one of the best in the biz in Donnie Henderson.

Kearney was a huge hit at the Raycom All-Star Classic this year impressing scouts with his size, athleticism, and playmaking ability.
            His Pro Day Numbers:
            40-4.45
            20-2.42
            10-1.48
            Vertical-32"
            Broad-9'11"
            SS-4.41
            3 Cone-7.20

Rolle is an interesting prospect because all he did was make plays at Catawba. He had 16 career INT's with 6 of them coming this past season. That goes along with his 35 career pass breakups. He's an aggressive CB who likes to hit and get involved in the running game. He's a little smaller at 5'11, 186 but he's quite athletic.

His Pro Day numbers:
            40-4.51
            20-2.59
            10-1.53
            Vertical-35 1/2"
            Broad-10'03"
            SS-4.13
            3 Cone-6.77

Rolle also blocked four kicks last year on ST.
            COMING SOON...

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
              I think Rogers is at the top spot to make the team as any of our WR's are (beyond Woods) but don't count out WR Brandon Kaufman from EWU. He's got the size and hands of Nelson with better athleticism. Both players could make the team and force a veteran like Brad Smith (or maybe even TJ Graham) to be sent packing.
              Brad Smith is out as a WR & a QB, so he looks to be gone.

Comment

• mjt328
                • May 2011

Marcel played some NT at Bama pretty successfully before coming to the NFL. He's still best at the 5 tech on the edge imo.

I agree I'm not sure where you see Kyle Williams at this point, he's not going to play NT like he did previously or if he is its going to be on a rotation with Alan Branch. Williams should see plenty of snaps but will he be a starter? Who knows.
                Based on everything I've heard from Nix and Marrone, I think our defensive starters are going to be all over the place.

Marcel Dareus and Kyle Williams are very similar players, and both are very versatile. In 4-3 packages, I think they will remain in pretty much the same spots as last year. In a 3-4, I think they will spend most of their time as defensive ends (with Alan Branch/Torrell Troup as the nose tackle on heavy packages) - but both could also slide inside and man nose tackle on obvious passing downs.
                2013 "My Should Have" Draft
                Posted During the 2013 Draft
                1 - (16): Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
                2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
                2 - (46): Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
                3 - (78): Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
                4 - (105): Barrett Jones, OG, Alabama
                5 - (143): Brandon Jenkins, LB, Florida State
                6 - (177): Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
                7 - (222): Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

2013 Buddy Nix Draft
                1 - (16): E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
                2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
                2 - (46): Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
                3 - (78): Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
                4 - (105): Duke Williams, FS, Nevada
                5 - (143): Jonathan Meeks, SS, Clemson
                6 - (177): Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
                7 - (222): Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas

Comment

• tatersalad
                  • Apr 2008

it will be interesting to see no doubt

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

I wouldn't be surprised that if Kyle doesn't play lights out at camp, he could be traded.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• MTBillsFan
                      • May 2003

Please dump Brad Smith! Also, with the D being a hybrid of 4-3 and 3-4, Kyle and Dareus will probably stay conventional DT's that's why Branch was brought in to be the NT in the 3-4 set.
                      Send me some wings!

Comment

• EDS
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                        I wouldn't be surprised that if Kyle doesn't play lights out at camp, he could be traded.
                        Yes, absolutely, trade away one of the few decent defenisve players the Bills have . . .

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EDS View Post
                          Yes, absolutely, trade away one of the few decent defenisve players the Bills have . . .
                          I love KYle but if he doesn't play like a pro bowler under the new scheme, might as well try and get something for him rather than lose him like Levitre for nothing.

I'm pulling for him though and I have no doubt he'll always be the player to give 150%
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                            Hall of Fame Zoner
                            • Jan 2010

watt plays 34 de, so im sure pettine will find ways to help dareus use his skill set

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NOT THE DUDE... View Post
                              watt plays 34 de, so im sure pettine will find ways to help dareus use his skill set
                              How do either of those two things have anything to do with each other?
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X