PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Buffalo Bills draft grades

justasportsfan
05-01-2013, 09:07 AM
Grade: ‘Nailed it’
Analyst: Bucky Brooks
Outlet: NFL.com
Comments: GM Buddy Nix made the most surprising move of Thursday night, with the Bills dropping from pick No. 8 to 16 and grabbing EJ Manuel as the team's new franchise quarterback. While many analysts believe Manuel is not the top quarterback in the class, his blue-chip physical traits (size, athleticism and arm talent) and an underrated football mind make him an intriguing prospect to build around. Robert Woods and Marquise Goodwin add more explosiveness to the receiving corps. Kiko Alonso is a thumper who brings much-needed toughness and physicality to the middle of Buffalo's defense. Don't sleep on the Duke Williams pick, either; he is an active roamer in the back end with the grit and nastiness to be an enforcer between the hashes.

Grade: C
Analyst: Pete Prisco
Outlet: CBS Sports
Comments: Best pick: I love speed. I think third-round receiver Marquise Goodwin will be a big playmaker because of his speed. He is raw, but can he run or what?
Questionable move: I just didn't see what they saw in first-round pick EJ Manuel. He has dynamic skills, but it takes a lot more than that. This is the pick that will define coach Doug Marrone.
Third-day gem: Kicker Dustin Hopkins, taken in the sixth round, is a special kicker. He has a chance to be a good one.
Analysis: I was hard on the Bills for the Manuel pick, but I think they rallied to do some good things, getting Goodwin, Robert Woods, linebacker Kiko Alonso and safety Duke Williams. But they will be defined by the Manuel pick.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/2013-Buffalo-Bills-draft-grades/48d91e93-0a29-483f-ab4d-abb2c42f8a1b

Historian
05-01-2013, 09:10 AM
I give them a B+

Addressed several needs, and even got an extra pick for their efforts.

Now the guys just have to go out and play.