PDA

View Full Version : Darcy talking with Rolston today, Trying to move up in the draft

DetDannyWilliams
05-01-2013, 10:55 AM
http://audio.wgr550.com/a/74302976/5-1-darcy-regier-on-young-players-drafting-well-and-more.htm /http://audio.wgr550.com/a/74305361/5-1-darcy-regier-we-re-trying-to-move-up-in-the-draft.htm

Skooby
05-01-2013, 12:07 PM
Hmmm, please package Stafford in there somehow.

SabreEleven
05-02-2013, 01:23 PM
I'll bet you won't be able to do it. From what I hear, after the Top 4 in the draft, there is a big drop off. I'll bet the Top 4 won't want to move and would it be worth it to move up to #5?

coastal
05-04-2013, 07:55 PM
He's thinking short term and wants someone who can play sooner rather than later. My guess is they have already targeted Lindholm.

not that I don't Lindholm, but Im staying put if I'm the Sabres and finding two decent sized forwards who are HOCKEY players.

Canadians... Good on the boards and with their sticks... Smart... Leaders...

go into next season knowing it ain't the year, but build longterm and then 2-3 years in... pull the trigger on a couple of key free agents.

Skooby
05-04-2013, 10:38 PM
Was he always going to live in Buffalo?

coastal
05-19-2013, 10:21 PM
question... anyone know what teams of top four are interested in trading out?

Ginger Vitis
05-20-2013, 04:44 AM
question... anyone know what teams of top four are interested in trading out?
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nas130506.html
This article claims Predators GM David Poile is "open" to trading the 4th overall pick.. As far as the Sabres moving up to 4th overall they would have to give the Predators there 16th overall pick at least and possibly more.. The one "commentor" in that article suggests giving the Predators the 16th overall pick and Thomas Vanek for the 4th pick but I don't think Poile would go for that trade scenario

Skooby
05-20-2013, 05:08 AM
We're not getting a Vanek back out of the 4th spot.

Ginger Vitis
05-20-2013, 08:42 AM
We're not getting a Vanek back out of the 4th spot.
Umm yeah they would in Alexander Barkov.. Barkov isn't going to score 30 to 40 goals in his rookie season but long term he projects to be every bit as good as Vanek has been in his career.. There are rumblings and rumours that Vanek wants to sign with the Minnesota Wild next year when he contract expires maybe Darcy should be proactive and explore what he can get for Vanek now and that includes using Vanek as a chip to move up slots in this draft

coastal
05-20-2013, 10:07 AM
For me a tradeup is fun if its for Drouin.

trapezeus
05-21-2013, 11:42 AM
predators would probably be looking to hose us for the who gaustad debacle. they already gifted a first round selection, i'm not sure they'd want to give us a 4 easily. but i'm all for it.

wouldn't it be amazing, if we could trade darcy to another team. according to 3 owners now, he's really quite amazing and if we fired him, he'd be working days later. they also said this about ruff, who remains unemployed. i like trusting the brass of sabres leadership. they really know what they are talking about. Formerly on the path to better things, they found a way into the Bills symposium of how to torture fans while making more money.

OpIv37
05-21-2013, 11:50 AM
predators would probably be looking to hose us for the who gaustad debacle. they already gifted a first round selection, i'm not sure they'd want to give us a 4 easily. but i'm all for it.

wouldn't it be amazing, if we could trade darcy to another team. according to 3 owners now, he's really quite amazing and if we fired him, he'd be working days later. they also said this about ruff, who remains unemployed. i like trusting the brass of sabres leadership. they really know what they are talking about. Formerly on the path to better things, they found a way into the Bills symposium of how to torture fans while making more money.

1. Design a ****ty logo.
2. Wait until the team is playing great to release it. Everyone hates it but buys it anyway because they're so excited about the team.
3. When the team sucks, announce you are trashing the new logo and returning to the classic one. The team sucks, but everyone buys merch because they're excited about the original logo coming back.

You know Russ Brandon hates Darcy for figuring that out first. Of course, Russ would have to figure out how to get the Bills to play well for at least a season for that strategy to work. Still waiting for that to happen.

sukie
05-21-2013, 11:57 AM
Design TWO shatty logos then return to a classic one. AND toss in some alternates for a season or two. Fleecing 301.

OpIv37
05-21-2013, 12:17 PM
Design TWO shatty logos then return to a classic one. AND toss in some alternates for a season or two. Fleecing 301.
I actually didn't mind the goat head. Of course, I was in HS when it came out. The problem with it was that it wasn't lasting or classic. It was cool for the time but there was no way it would have held up long-term.