PDA

View Full Version : Manuel's Playing In The Rain

CoolBreeze
05-01-2013, 01:37 PM
New ESPN article on Manuel. I guess his ability to throw in harsh windy weather was a big factor for us. Marrone is looking smarter by the day, and I have to say Manuel is giving me real hope.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9230958/ej-manuel-impressed-buffalo-bills-good-workout-bad-weather

I apologize if this has already been posted

Skooby
05-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Good to hear.

EDS
05-01-2013, 02:02 PM
New ESPN article on Manuel. I guess his ability to throw in harsh windy weather was a big factor for us. Marrone is looking smarter by the day, and I have to say Manuel is giving me real hope.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9230958/ej-manuel-impressed-buffalo-bills-good-workout-bad-weather

I apologize if this has already been posted

Oh yes, rain and a breeze in Florida versus artic gusts off the lake in Buffalo. That would have chinched it for me too.

don137
05-01-2013, 02:13 PM
I think the Bills did more studying and analysis on QBs than any other team or so called expert in the media. There is no guarantee Manuel will be the best QB in Buffalo since Kelly. However, the more I read about him and what he brings to the table and the more I hear him talk the more I think the Bills got the best QB for their system, weather and quite possibly the best QB in the draft when all is said and done.

Bone
05-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Good to hear.

Do you post just to get your post numbers up?

trapezeus
05-01-2013, 02:24 PM
also, with his mobility (moreso his junior year), it may be able to mask some of the deficiencies our line is most likely going ot have.

i fully expect kolb to win the QB comp...get pummelled in the first 4 weeks and get hurt. maybe even play hurt for a week or two and have some real stinkers of a game. then manuel will step in and he's going to look really good because he brings mobility to his game and can buy time for this developing WR corp. Then he needs to learn the game fast, because defenses will catch up to him. and if he takes it to the next step, our problems are solved for 10 years. if he fails to go any further, we are going to stick with him for 2 years of futility.

here's hoping for the former.

jamze132
05-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Doug Marrone liked Manuel because he has big hands. He said it.

jimmifli
05-01-2013, 03:19 PM
I think the Bills did more studying and analysis on QBs than any other team or so called expert in the media.

Absolutely. If there's one thing the Bills are known for it's being better than everyone else. I'm sure the new analytics department was crucial in studying and analyzing EJ.

better days
05-01-2013, 03:27 PM
Oh yes, rain and a breeze in Florida versus artic gusts off the lake in Buffalo. That would have chinched it for me too.

Rain is Rain until the temp drops to 32 degrees. Then rain turns to snow. And the Wind can gust in Fla, trust me on that.

Night Train
05-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Yes... but can he SING in the rain ?

SpikedLemonade
05-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Rain is Rain until the temp drops to 32 degrees. Then rain turns to snow.

Is there an official nomination process for Post of the Month?

better days
05-01-2013, 06:17 PM

Well. if you are going to nominate this post, don't nominate just PART of it, the entire post was GREAT. Damn editors.

OpIv37
05-01-2013, 06:42 PM
I wish they were talking about stats in actual bad weather GAMES where Manuel played, but it's good to see tha they at least thought about this issue that previous regimes had blown off.

Let's tell it like it is: people who aren't from cold places are giant pussies about bad weather. Believe me- I've been in the DC/Baltimore area for about 13 years and have seen it first hand more times than I can count. QB's are no exception. Some just can't hack the bad conditions.

We play in a div with no domes, and Boston and NJ aren't exactly balmy. That means that every year, there are a minimum 10 games on the schedule where bad weather is a legit possibility. A QB who can't hack the tough conditions will never make it.

Is their assessment correct? Does one good practice performance in bad weather mean Manuel can hack it? I don't know, but I do know that I'm glad to see a coaching staff finally acknowledging the weather situation as a real one.

Extremebillsfan247
05-01-2013, 07:14 PM
The more I hear about Geno Smith lately, the more confident I become that the Bills drafted the right QB at 16 by taking Manuel. JMO

Skooby
05-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Do you post just to get your post numbers up?

It's good to hear that our new QB plays well in inclement weather, do I need to write a novel acknowledging it ?

ublinkwescore
05-01-2013, 10:33 PM
I really can't wait to see this kid take the field.

BillsFever21
05-02-2013, 04:40 PM
I'm excited to see him play and he has some good potential if Marrone can use him right. He was only a two year starter but was a winner in college compared to FSU's record during the Ponder era.

Getting excited though about a good workout in some rain and wind and thinking that means a player can preform the same in a real NFL game on a regular basis is a totally different story though. I really hope this wasn't Buddy's biggest thing when he decided if he was worth a high 1st round pick or not. Nothing would surprise me with him though.

swiper
05-02-2013, 06:03 PM

You're easily impressed.

MTBillsFan
05-02-2013, 07:11 PM
Big and strong with big hands. He'll do just fine in the weather. As long as you can put zip on the ball, weather won't slow you down. Look at Marsha Brady.

better days
05-03-2013, 01:34 AM

LOL, YOU have never heard of HURRICANE WINDS? We don't get hurricanes all that often, but we do get WINDS & RAIN just below hurricane level QUITE OFTEN. Artic gusts, GIVE ME A BREAK.

Did you watch the Super Bowl in Miami that the Colts Won? Probably one of the WORST WEATHER games in SUPER BOWL History.