PDA

View Full Version : All hands on deck for Bills' fullback duties; McIntyre gone

BLeonard
05-01-2013, 06:13 PM
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/05/all-hands-on-deck-for-bills-fullback-duties-mcintrye-gone.html

What a novelty it was to see defensive tackle Kyle Williams play fullback in a few of the Buffalo Bills' goal-line situations last year.

New head coach Doug Marrone intends to use his grunts down there on the regular.

"You'll see it when you get down probably to the goal line, short yardage or maybe bringing in a defensive tackle or an offensive lineman or things like that going on," Marrone said at the Bills' post-draft news conference Saturday.

Marrone, who has been more forthcoming about his offensive plans lately, indicated the Bills will transition away from traditional fullback usage to more of an H-back style. They drafted Arkansas tight end Chris Gragg in the seventh round with that in mind.

"Maybe you can put [Gragg] in the backfield, and I think that you'll start to see more of that as we go forward and what style we're playing," Marrone said. "I think you look in college, you really have to go and find what maybe we, showing our age, remember with the true fullbacks.

The Bills expressed interest in re-signing blocking back Corey McIntrye after the season, but their designs have changed.

"It seems pretty obvious that it's no longer the right fit for either side," McIntyre's agent, Brett Tessler, said today. "We'll be looking for work elsewhere. Corey is staying in shape and waiting for the right opportunity to come along."

Always liked McIntyre, especially on Special Teams... Hope he lands somewhere.

-Bill

SCBILLFAN1
05-01-2013, 08:56 PM
He was good on special teams. I'm concerned about that area for next year.

MTBillsFan
05-02-2013, 12:23 PM
Special Teams is going to be iffy to say the least...Brought in Detroit's old SP coach who's group ranked bottom 3rd of the league.

DraftBoy
05-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Summers.

RedEyE
05-03-2013, 06:13 AM
I'm eager to see this new offense go to work.

Mace
05-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Thing about MacIntyre, and I was real down on him a long time on other boards, but they never gave him the ball or threw it to him when he seemed he could catch and run the ball some on the 4-5 plays a season they used him. I never could figure that out. He's not some marquee guy but yanno, run it in from the one on 1st down instead of 3 attempted fades to short guys in the corners and a field goal or punt off the sack. Well other teams, always blow three fades and get a field goal so don't bull it in from the one because that would have been crazy.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-06-2013, 12:03 AM
so our tes

chandler
smith
caussin

hb
gragg

rb
thriller
freddy
choice

i wonder if we keep a 4th back? im guessing since brad smith is the 5th wr/3rd qb on gamedays he can be the emergecy 4th rb too

NOT THE DUDE...
05-06-2013, 12:05 AM
dickerson is a wr now

streetkings01
05-06-2013, 09:33 AM
I wouldn't mind us bringing in a bigger power back like Jacobs or Hillis. When was the last time we brought in a back that could put his head down and run people over..........Henry was the last guy that I can remember.

Bert102176
05-07-2013, 03:04 PM
I loved sam gash at FB, putting linebackers on their asses

gebobs
05-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Special Teams is going to be iffy to say the least...Brought in Detroit's old SP coach who's group ranked bottom 3rd of the league.
So what you're saying is it won't that big of a drop off! Nicely played, OBD!

;-) Yes I know the Bills were actually not that bad last year (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst).

Bone
05-07-2013, 08:08 PM
Wish he would have stayed