PDA

View Full Version : Woods and Rogers, Game Changers WR's

kishoph
05-04-2013, 05:39 AM
Steve Mariucci's Game Changers on wide receiver's, with Robert Woods and Da'Rick Rogers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=e6isMB4H75U

I like Woods a lot, I think he's going to be a good one, hopefully so will Rogers. I'm excited about the receiving corp, but sometimes it takes WR's a little time to develop.

stuckincincy
05-04-2013, 05:50 AM
Steve Mariucci's Game Changers on wide receiver's, with Robert Woods and Da'Rick Rogers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=e6isMB4H75U

...sometimes it takes WR's a little time to develop.

Generally so - other than perhaps Austin, there weren't any "must have" wrs this year, IMO. I'm not expecting any big 1st season impacts like an AJ Green or Calvin Johnson.

swiper
05-04-2013, 07:04 AM
It would be great if they turned out to be like Boldin & Fitzgerald were in Arizona.

billsfanryan
05-04-2013, 07:19 AM
Thanks for sharing this. It was a good watch. I'm an Oklahoma fan so it was nice seeing Stills and then our 2 new guys.

Rogers is a beast. Woods seems like he won't be a diva. Seems like he's going to show up ready for work.

kishoph
05-04-2013, 08:10 AM
Thanks for sharing this. It was a good watch. I'm an Oklahoma fan so it was nice seeing Stills and then our 2 new guys.

Rogers is a beast. Woods seems like he won't be a diva. Seems like he's going to show up ready for work.

That's one of the things I like about Woods, he seems like the most mature of the group.

jimmifli
05-04-2013, 08:39 AM
It would be great if they turned out to be like Boldin & Fitzgerald were in Arizona.
I'm glad we've all got realistic expectations.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-04-2013, 09:27 AM
darick will be like julio jones or eric moulds!

ParanoidAndroid
05-04-2013, 09:30 AM
He did say "It would be great if..." :idunno:

....and cue ALL OF OUR PICKS WILL BE HOF NOT THE DUDE.

SpikedLemonade
05-04-2013, 09:52 AM
I'm glad we've all got realistic expectations.

It happens every year.

By the end of October the crying will be deafening.

Bert102176
05-04-2013, 10:16 AM
darick will be like julio jones or eric moulds!

Being like either of them would be great

Lexwhat
05-04-2013, 01:06 PM

In terms of playing style it appears as if Rodgers and Boldin are "comparable," although Boldin is IMO (pound for pound) the most physical receiver in the NFL. I also like Hakeem Nicks in this sense, and think he's the most under-rated WR in the league (with Cruz on the other side and all his "dancing" and ability to get deep, I think Nicks doesn't get enough publicity).

Stevie Johnson is such a great route-runner that he will always be a factor on the field. I think Stevie would be every bit as good as Roddy White if he had a QB like Matt Ryan throwing to him. Julio Jones benefitted from all the attention Defenses gave to Tony Gonzalez and White, and developed pretty quickly. With Stevie (and CJ Spiller) getting a lot of attention, the other WRs on our team have a chance to blossom. Odds are that it won't be all of them, but I think out of TJ Graham / Woods / Rodgers, it's a good bet that ONE of them will have a good season. (I think Goodwin won't be a factor for another 2 years).

Larry Fitzgerald, on the other hand, is a gifted, incredibly complete WR who is a sure-fire hall of famer. I know we don't have anyone like him on our team. That guy is a once-every-5-years type of player.

swiper
05-04-2013, 04:05 PM
It was a hypothetical. I realize that no one they have is Larry Fitzgerald, however when was the last time we had two solid, or three, WRs? It looks like we could have opponents respecting our guys on both sides of the field this year. It's something to look forward to.

Ingtar33
05-04-2013, 05:02 PM
Larry Fitzgerald, on the other hand, is a gifted, incredibly complete WR who is a sure-fire hall of famer. I know we don't have anyone like him on our team. That guy is a once-every-5-years type of player.

with the corpses he has throwing him the ball, his career has been derailed in the midst of his prime years. i'm sure he'll make the HOF... only instead of threatening Jerry Rice's numbers he'll be lucky if he comes close to chris carter's numbers.

leper65
05-04-2013, 05:21 PM
These guys are going to be fun to watch. A 4 receiver set with Johnson, Woods, Rogers and either TJ or Goodwin will cause problems if they can protect the QB.

Lexwhat
05-04-2013, 08:58 PM
with the corpses he has throwing him the ball, his career has been derailed in the midst of his prime years. i'm sure he'll make the HOF... only instead of threatening Jerry Rice's numbers he'll be lucky if he comes close to chris carter's numbers.

Agreed... A lesser man (e.g. Randy Moss) would've demanded a trade long ago or stopped trying altogether. It's one of the reasons I respect Larry so much.

But now that they have Bruce Arians (who loves to throw) and Carson Palmer (who throws a lot but has the INTs to match), I think Larry's stats go up the next few years. I think he'll definitely pass Cris Carter, but I don't think he'll reach Jerry. I don't think Larry can even pass Tony Gonzalez for #2.

I'm actually doubting whether anyone will ever break Jerry's record. I don't even think Calvin Johnson can.

BertSquirtgum
05-04-2013, 10:18 PM
I think Johnson, Woods, Rogers, Graham and Goodwin are going to be a great group of receivers in the future. They should be together for awhile too. Steve is 26, Graham 23 Goodwin 22 and the others are 21. If the Bills get lucky for once this could turn out to be the best receiving corp in the NFL.

Generalissimus Gibby
05-04-2013, 11:13 PM
Ain't calling them game changers yet until they actually change a game. If we are down to the Pats by 10 with two minutes to go and we score a TD, recover the onside kick, and score another td and win the friggen game because of them, then okay I will call them game changers. I think they certainly have the raw materials to pwn defensive backfields for the next several years but lets not crown them as the second coming of Reed, Lofton, Beebe, McKeller, Metzlaars, Rolle, and co until they actually play a year or two.

Buddo
05-05-2013, 03:14 AM
I watched this a little while back, and came away very impressed with Woods.
Apart from the early hand drill, where every one of the guys got slaughtered by Irvin for not being aggressive enough, all you could hear about any drill that Woods did, was 'that's it' or 'that's what I'm talking about'.
If there's going to be a guy who can come in and make a decent impact immediately, it's Woods. I really have no idea why he wasn't a first round pick by somebody - he's extremely polished, is plenty quick enough, and by all accounts, is a 'quiet' leader in the locker room.
He also has plenty of production, to back the above statements up.
I think that Woods could become to be viewed as daylight robbery, where we picked him.
Rogers is obviously talented, and has some 'nasty' about him. His fortune, might well be to go somewhere where he actually has a guy (Woods) also going, who it seems he respects, who could well help to keep him on the straight and narrow.
With Stevie, TJ and Goodwin, in a couple of years time, the group of WRs we have, could be fearsome. If they all pan out, it'll be something to behold, especially when the only proven guy, atm, is also the tortoise of the bunch. ;)