X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kishoph
    • Jun 2003

Woods and Rogers, Game Changers WR's

Steve Mariucci's Game Changers on wide receiver's, with Robert Woods and Da'Rick Rogers.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I like Woods a lot, I think he's going to be a good one, hopefully so will Rogers. I'm excited about the receiving corp, but sometimes it takes WR's a little time to develop.
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Woods and Rogers, Game Changers WR's

Originally posted by kishoph View Post
    Steve Mariucci's Game Changers on wide receiver's, with Robert Woods and Da'Rick Rogers.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

...sometimes it takes WR's a little time to develop.
    Generally so - other than perhaps Austin, there weren't any "must have" wrs this year, IMO. I'm not expecting any big 1st season impacts like an AJ Green or Calvin Johnson.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Swiper
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2010

It would be great if they turned out to be like Boldin & Fitzgerald were in Arizona.

Comment

• billsfanryan
        • Jan 2010

Thanks for sharing this. It was a good watch. I'm an Oklahoma fan so it was nice seeing Stills and then our 2 new guys.

Rogers is a beast. Woods seems like he won't be a diva. Seems like he's going to show up ready for work.

Comment

• kishoph
          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by billsfanryan View Post
          Thanks for sharing this. It was a good watch. I'm an Oklahoma fan so it was nice seeing Stills and then our 2 new guys.

Rogers is a beast. Woods seems like he won't be a diva. Seems like he's going to show up ready for work.

That's one of the things I like about Woods, he seems like the most mature of the group.

Comment

• jimmifli
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
            It would be great if they turned out to be like Boldin & Fitzgerald were in Arizona.
            I'm glad we've all got realistic expectations.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Jan 2010

darick will be like julio jones or eric moulds!

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                • Apr 2004

He did say "It would be great if..."

....and cue ALL OF OUR PICKS WILL BE HOF NOT THE DUDE.
                Last edited by ParanoidAndroid; 05-04-2013, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                  • Jun 2024

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
                  I'm glad we've all got realistic expectations.
                  It happens every year.

By the end of October the crying will be deafening.

Comment

• Bert102176
                    • Aug 2002

Originally posted by NOT THE DUDE... View Post
                    darick will be like julio jones or eric moulds!
                    Being like either of them would be great
                    lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Lexwhat
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                      In terms of playing style it appears as if Rodgers and Boldin are "comparable," although Boldin is IMO (pound for pound) the most physical receiver in the NFL. I also like Hakeem Nicks in this sense, and think he's the most under-rated WR in the league (with Cruz on the other side and all his "dancing" and ability to get deep, I think Nicks doesn't get enough publicity).

Stevie Johnson is such a great route-runner that he will always be a factor on the field. I think Stevie would be every bit as good as Roddy White if he had a QB like Matt Ryan throwing to him. Julio Jones benefitted from all the attention Defenses gave to Tony Gonzalez and White, and developed pretty quickly. With Stevie (and CJ Spiller) getting a lot of attention, the other WRs on our team have a chance to blossom. Odds are that it won't be all of them, but I think out of TJ Graham / Woods / Rodgers, it's a good bet that ONE of them will have a good season. (I think Goodwin won't be a factor for another 2 years).

Larry Fitzgerald, on the other hand, is a gifted, incredibly complete WR who is a sure-fire hall of famer. I know we don't have anyone like him on our team. That guy is a once-every-5-years type of player.

Comment

• Swiper
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2010

It was a hypothetical. I realize that no one they have is Larry Fitzgerald, however when was the last time we had two solid, or three, WRs? It looks like we could have opponents respecting our guys on both sides of the field this year. It's something to look forward to.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                          Dances With Buffaloes
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Lexwhat View Post
                          Larry Fitzgerald, on the other hand, is a gifted, incredibly complete WR who is a sure-fire hall of famer. I know we don't have anyone like him on our team. That guy is a once-every-5-years type of player.
                          with the corpses he has throwing him the ball, his career has been derailed in the midst of his prime years. i'm sure he'll make the HOF... only instead of threatening Jerry Rice's numbers he'll be lucky if he comes close to chris carter's numbers.
                          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• leper65
                            • Apr 2005

These guys are going to be fun to watch. A 4 receiver set with Johnson, Woods, Rogers and either TJ or Goodwin will cause problems if they can protect the QB.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                              with the corpses he has throwing him the ball, his career has been derailed in the midst of his prime years. i'm sure he'll make the HOF... only instead of threatening Jerry Rice's numbers he'll be lucky if he comes close to chris carter's numbers.
                              Agreed... A lesser man (e.g. Randy Moss) would've demanded a trade long ago or stopped trying altogether. It's one of the reasons I respect Larry so much.

But now that they have Bruce Arians (who loves to throw) and Carson Palmer (who throws a lot but has the INTs to match), I think Larry's stats go up the next few years. I think he'll definitely pass Cris Carter, but I don't think he'll reach Jerry. I don't think Larry can even pass Tony Gonzalez for #2.

I'm actually doubting whether anyone will ever break Jerry's record. I don't even think Calvin Johnson can.

Comment

Working...
                              X