why do many bills fans say our oline sucks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NOT THE DUDE...
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Jan 2010

why do many bills fans say our oline sucks...

i dont get it. watching previous games the past two years, and seeing guys like urbik, wood, hairston, young, glenn, pears, simply move people back 3-5 yards off the line, and simply destroy people, why do so many bills fans think our oline sucks.

yeah fitz got rid of it quick, but the oline still did good in pass protection.... and the run blocking when healthy is only behind the 49ers imo. i saw hairston and urbik move people back like 8 yards sometimes. something i havent seen since the 90s

i just dont understand.

and we have nice prospects with talent on the bench like sanders, brown, welch who have some nice ability that could develop. and they are all huge.
    Last edited by NOT THE DUDE...; 05-05-2013, 11:55 PM.
  • kishoph
    • Jun 2003

Re: why do many bills fans say our oline sucks...

Even with how well the O-line has past the past few seasons, there's people that say, "we got the worst O-line in football." Losing Levitre was a loss IMO, but it's not like he's irreplaceable, the Bills have done good in turning players that were thought to be worthless into viable O-linemen and it also helps that Levitre's replacement is going to be between Wood and Glenn, which I'm sure helped Levitre.

Comment

• Bunion
      • Sep 2008

Can't speak for other Bills fans, but for me it's because we dumped Joe D'Alessandris for no good reason and replaced him with this guy.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Mor...ican_football)

Comment

• BillsU
        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Bunion View Post
        Can't speak for other Bills fans, but for me it's because we dumped Joe D'Alessandris for no good reason and replaced him with this guy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Mor...ican_football)
        What's wrong with Morris? It seems he's had a pretty good success with the teams he's been with. http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coa...a-7265dc1f49b7
        Last edited by BillsU; 05-06-2013, 06:47 AM.

Comment

• EDS
          • Jan 2003

I am not sure who is saying the o-line sucks, that is probably being overdramatic if anything. That said, Levitre was the teams best lineman the last few years and it will be interesting to see the impact of his loss. I personnaly would be more comfortable if they had brought in better talent via free agency or the draft to fill the hole.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

I don't think it sucks but I don't think it's better than last years
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• SCBILLFAN1
              • Apr 2013

Levitre is a bit over rated. Dependable but over rated. The Bills line is respected.
              Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Comment

• Pride
                • Jul 2002

Our O-Line was decent at run blocking... however there are many of us believe that the reason Fitz couldn't throw deep was in large part to the lack of sustained protection for more than 2.5-3 seconds. This 2013 team wants to go verticle... the O-Line will need to get better at holding their blocks for 4-5 seconds.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Pride View Post
                  Our O-Line was decent at run blocking... however there are many of us believe that the reason Fitz couldn't throw deep was in large part to the lack of sustained protection for more than 2.5-3 seconds. This 2013 team wants to go verticle... the O-Line will need to get better at holding their blocks for 4-5 seconds.
                  the oline could do that. remember graham open 6-8 times deep last year, only to see fitz underthrow it or be horribly inaccurate?

im not saying our pass protection is great, but the run blocking is, and our pass blocking talent is top 15...

i watched a lot of big ten ball, and sam young was a great player there. and the past two years he has done really well when in the game. i just think people are living in the jaroun era with the oline when it truly was disgusting

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                    Hall of Fame Zoner
                    • Jan 2010

and levitre was not our best olineman the past two years, wood was when healthy.

he was the best center in football the 1st 10 weeks of 2011. in the raider game he simply threw john henderson to the ground on spillers 26 yd run, as if john henderson was his *****

Comment

• SabreEleven
                      • Aug 2002

Fitz couldn't throw deep because he sucks at throwing the ball period.

Comment

• Bunion
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by BillsU View Post
                        What's wrong with Morris? It seems he's had a pretty good success with the teams he's been with. http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coa...a-7265dc1f49b7
                        He was out of football last year, which statistically was also our OL's best under Joe D. In 2011 Football Outsiders ranked his OL in Tampa Bay at #22. We were #12

The Stats at NFL.com show that we yielded 5 more QB hits, 9 fewer sacks, 0.7 more yards-per-carry, and 7 fewer negative running plays than TB for the same year.

In 2010, Joe D's first year, Pat's OL was 11th, ours was 20th per Football Outsiders.

The Stats at NFL.com show that in terms of production, our OL and Minnesota's OL were almost identical. Minnesota had 0.1 more yards-per-carry, 1 more negative play, gave up 2 more sacks, but 7 fewer QB hits.

It seems like we fired the guy who was getting better, and hired the guy who was getting worse.

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

You don't get more than 3 to 3.5 seconds to throw in the NFL so 4 or 5 rarely happens. 2.5 to 3 seconds is enough to get a ball downfield.

It takes a WR about 3 seconds to travel 30 yards right, so you also have to account for the time the ball travels in the air. Together that is more than enough to have the ball land 50-60 yards downfield.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • May 2009

So it was because he didn't have time and not because of his noodle arm? Riiiiight

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                              • Jun 2024

Last year's offensive schemes made our OL look better than it was.

It was an average OL last year and has taken a step or two back going into this year.

We are one injury to Eric Woods away from the OL being a below average NFL OL.

Comment

Working...
                              X