PDA

View Full Version : EJ Manuel Sports Science

Crisis
05-06-2013, 01:05 AM
It is what it is, but just something to get at least a little excited about during the off season. The quick release is pretty impressive.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FOLEMyMkDdU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

kishoph
05-06-2013, 02:57 AM
One thing that I took from this, is how quick he located the targets and released the ball, pretty impressive for someone with "slow eyes."

Night Train
05-06-2013, 05:17 AM
It's been posted a couple times already but I still like seeing it, since It makes me envision what he might do as our QB.

I like his incredible accuracy in those 15 yard tests.. since this O will be a quick 1-2 read max & the ball is out. Plus his quick release. Nullifies a lot of advantages the D normally enjoys. The 2 man rush performance was equally impressive.

He's far from a polished product but this shows a big athlete with actual upside, over other QB's that seem to have hit their ceiling and have numerous limitations. Then you read the intangibles of putting in the classroom work and having a great personality/presence that other players respect. That is huge in itself.

Makes one understand the pick more and more. Can't wait to see him play and make additional progress.

don137
05-06-2013, 06:16 AM
I was at Wells Fargo Golf Tournament on Friday and ran into Bill Polian who was there with two of his grandchildren. We talked for about 5 minutes about the Bills draft. He said Manuel was the number one QB on the board until he saw tape of his game against Florid(personally i feel every QB has a bad day). However, he loved a lot of the intangibles with him, size, speed, hand size, intelligence, etc.

This video definitely shows this guy can be the real deal.

psubills62
05-06-2013, 09:35 AM
If he can translate that stuff to the football field, would be nice.

Goobylal
05-06-2013, 02:25 PM
I was at Wells Fargo Golf Tournament on Friday and ran into Bill Polian who was there with two of his grandchildren. We talked for about 5 minutes about the Bills draft. He said Manuel was the number one QB on the board until he saw tape of his game against Florid(personally i feel every QB has a bad day). However, he loved a lot of the intangibles with him, size, speed, hand size, intelligence, etc.

This video definitely shows this guy can be the real deal.
The Florida game was a bad game for the entire team, not just Manuel. The OL was a sieve and the defense was poor (allowing Florida to possess the ball for 22 minutes in the 1st half and score 24 points in the 4th quarter). Manuel threw 3 picks but none of them put Florida past their 30-yard line, and Florida had a weak offense. And Jimbo Fisher called a bad game.

BertSquirtgum
05-06-2013, 02:36 PM
Bills have themselves a franchise quarterback.