PDA

View Full Version : Mario Williams sues ex-Fiance

Lexwhat
05-06-2013, 12:05 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000167085/article/mario-williams-sues-exfiance-for-785000-ring

Bills (http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/profile?team=BUF) defensive end Mario Williams (http://www.nfl.com/player/mariowilliams/2495982/profile) is involved in a Houston lawsuit filed Monday, but he didn't do anything wrong. He's suing his ex-fiance.
Williams sued his ex-fiancee Erin Marzouki in Harris County Court for the $785,000, 10-carat diamond engagement ring that he bought her before she dumped him.

We'll let the complaint, furnished by CourtHouseNews.com, do the talking (http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/05/06/57337.htm):

"During the parties' relationship, on or about December 12, 2011, plaintiff purchased a $785,000 diamond engagement ring from Valobra Master Jewelers," the complaint states. "The ring is a GIA certified radiant cut diamond weighing 10.04 carats, E color grade and VS2 clarity grade. On February 19, 2012, plaintiff gave the ring to defendant in contemplation of the parties' marriage. Defendant accepted the ring as gift made in contemplation of the parties' marriage. ...

"The termination of the relationship was solely caused by defendant," the complaint states. "Defendant never intended to marry plaintiff and used the relationship as a means to get to plaintiff's money and acquire gifts. Defendant has absconded with the diamond engagement ring. Plaintiff has demanded that defendant return the diamond engagement ring, but defendant has failed and refused to do so."

----------

Maybe it was cuz she didn't like Buffalo???

Lexwhat
05-06-2013, 12:07 PM
The lawsuit alleges that other charges totaling more than $300,000 was provided to Marzouki in 2012. And Williams wants his money back, while looking for a restraining order to stop her from selling the ring. We're going to stop writing now before this post gets any more sad.

coastal
05-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Fools Gold gives away diamond now wants the money back?

lolz!

Night Train
05-06-2013, 12:27 PM
Former Sabre Matt Barnaby won his ring and SUV back from his woman here in WNY. I don't know Texas law...but it probably involves a pickup truck mounted shotgun & porterhouse steak in the settlement..in addition to the ring. :up:

Ed
05-06-2013, 01:20 PM
$800k for an engagement ring? Even for a mega millionaire that seems outrageous.

stuckincincy
05-06-2013, 01:26 PM
He must be a complete idiot.

Night Train
05-06-2013, 01:28 PM
He must be a complete idiot.
or..a football player.

The last buffalo fan
05-06-2013, 01:36 PM
Is she hot? worth the money?

kscdogbillsfan1221
05-06-2013, 01:42 PM
No. She really is not that attractive.

SpikedLemonade
05-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Is she hot? worth the money?

She's pretty average looking.

tatersalad
05-06-2013, 01:48 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/033/813/Supergirl_original_original_original_original_display_image.jpg?1331920332

- - - Updated - - -

not really hot at all

BertSquirtgum
05-06-2013, 02:01 PM
She looks like she loves the big alabama black snake. What a gold digging whore. For 3/4 of a million dollars? I would sue her too. I wouldn't want some whore keeping my money. Normally, if an engagement is called off the ***** doesn't keep the ring.

Mahdi
05-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Wow, and she was the one who was picking out a house with him and approving of the city on his FA trip to Buffalo.

BertSquirtgum
05-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Some of you are acting like he gave this broad a 10,000 ring. I don't think he would care if he didn't spend such a ridiculous amount of money. She fooled him and does not deserve to keep the ring.

jwenger
05-06-2013, 02:44 PM
She's pretty average looking.

Yup, but youse guys ain't seen her in bed. MEH---

Side note: Buffalo has some pretty hot girls too. Look around Mario!!

Ingtar33
05-06-2013, 02:59 PM
the law is pretty clear. after termination of an engagement the ring goes back to the dude who gave it.

unless the dude doesn't want it.

setting that aside, shame this is on this messageboard. not really any of our business

don137
05-06-2013, 03:43 PM
I am no lawyer and do not know the laws in Texas but I heard it is common in most states that if it was a gift such as a xmas present or birthday gift then she can keep it. If that wasn't the case then she will have to give it back.

cookie G
05-06-2013, 04:11 PM
I am no lawyer and do not know the laws in Texas but I heard it is common in most states that if it was a gift such as a xmas present or birthday gift then she can keep it. If that wasn't the case then she will have to give it back.

I guess Texas follows the rule that an engagement ring is a conditional gift, the condition being that the parties get married.

Roy Williams had a similar problem a few years ago, but he spent only $75,000

http://www.chron.com/life/article/Texas-law-says-engagement-ring-is-a-conditional-2078505.php

SpikedLemonade
05-06-2013, 04:42 PM
Yup, but youse guys ain't seen her in bed. MEH---

Side note: Buffalo has some pretty hot girls too. Look around Mario!!

It does not really matter what the woman looks like I agree.

Perhaps she just loved anal sex.

I also stayed at a Holiday Inn and I would recommend he settle the matter by getting the ring back (the value will be greatly diminished since he bought it) and forgive the gifts and credit card debt.

Anything more and he is looking at legal bills escalating at $200K plus $50K per month.

Just not worth it.

Make an offer and get it done quickly.

He will never recover legal costs from her.

BillsFever21
05-06-2013, 04:48 PM
He spent almost 2% of his guaranteed money and about 5% of his average salary from Buffalo on a ring for that gold digger? He fooled the Bills into a ton of money and she fooled him into receiving a ton of money. At least he has the law on his side to help get some of his money back as long as she hasn't already hawked it. Unfortunately Buffalo doesn't. Good player but old Buddy definitely got suckered on that contract.

BillsFever21
05-06-2013, 04:51 PM
It does not really matter what the woman looks like I agree.

Perhaps she just loved anal sex.

I also stayed at a Holiday Inn and I would recommend he settle the matter by getting the ring back (the value will be greatly diminished since he bought it) and forgive the gifts and credit card debt.

Anything more and he is looking at legal bills escalating at $200K plus $50K per month.

Just not worth it.

Make an offer and get it done quickly.

He will never recover legal costs from her.

Agreed. If he can get the ring back then he should feel fortunate. All of the other money he gave her just shows how stupid he was and that stuff is long gone and she wouldn't have the money to pay it back anyway. And you wonder why most of these guys are broke either when they leave the NFL or within 5 years after retiring.

coastal
05-06-2013, 05:06 PM
He spent almost 2% of his guaranteed money and about 5% of his average salary from Buffalo on a ring for that gold digger? He fooled the Bills into a ton of money and she fooled him into receiving a ton of money. At least he has the law on his side to help get some of his money back as long as she hasn't already hawked it. Unfortunately Buffalo doesn't. Good player but old Buddy definitely got suckered on that contract.
Dead on balls accurate... except for the good player part.

coastal
05-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Fool's Gold

it doesn't get any more accurate than that.

Greatest pseudo-name ever.

feldspar
05-06-2013, 07:35 PM
I find this story pretty amusing.

Who the hell actual wears a $785,000 ring anywhere? You need a team of armed bodyguards to actually go anywhere. Never feel sorry for a guy that can afford to do something that ridiculous. Mario hasn't earned even a fraction of that, either. Completely ridiculous. Mario had this coming on a certain level IMO. The girl is stupid too.

BertSquirtgum
05-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Fool's Gold

it doesn't get any more accurate than that.

Greatest pseudo-name ever.

Your fake wife is fool's gold.

Bill Cody
05-06-2013, 07:42 PM
looks like Williams got sacked

Patti120
05-06-2013, 07:42 PM
99 problems but a ***** ain't 1?

Bill Cody
05-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Who the hell actual wears a $785,000 ring anywhere?

They have this cool idea called insurance, ever heard of it? Super Mario already ponied up for the premium on that too no doubt. If M. Goldie Digger drops the rock down the drain of the king sized jacuzzi in her bathroom she gets a new one. So the short answer is this: she wears it everywhere and she doesn't worry. In fact, she's wearing it right now if it's not on Ebay already.

malvado78
05-06-2013, 10:22 PM
They have this cool idea called insurance, ever heard of it? Super Mario already ponied up for the premium on that too no doubt. If M. Goldie Digger drops the rock down the drain of the king sized jacuzzi in her bathroom she gets a new one. So the short answer is this: she wears it everywhere and she doesn't worry. In fact, she's wearing it right now if it's not on Ebay already.

Is there insurance that guarantees against being killed while getting mugged?

feldspar
05-06-2013, 10:33 PM

They have this other thing called suck my dick.

How do you know "she wears it everywhere and she doesn't worry?" She'd BETTER worry.

justasportsfan
05-07-2013, 08:11 AM
She looks like she loves the big alabama black snake. What a gold digging whore. For 3/4 of a million dollars? I would sue her too. I wouldn't want some whore keeping my money. Normally, if an engagement is called off the ***** doesn't keep the ring.

It's not all her fault. He's the dumbarse who bought her the ring for that much.

Bill Cody
05-07-2013, 08:43 AM
They have this other thing called suck my dick.

How do you know "she wears it everywhere and she doesn't worry?" She'd BETTER worry.

:moon:

Bill Cody
05-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Is there insurance that guarantees against being killed while getting mugged?

you guys need to lighten up. Seriously.