PDA

View Full Version : Bills Propaganda: War Room on Draft Day

ghz in pittsburgh
05-07-2013, 08:12 AM
http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Exclusive_Go_Inside_Buffalos_Draft_Room/9105f12c-fdaf-42d0-8236-961d3fe90b68

Still some interesting notes for me:

1) The expression overall on EJ Manual pick is positive (could be the camera only panned people with smile on). I have reservations, a lot of other NFL people do as well, but it looks like the Bills evaluators are all on board. You gotta believe the Bills poured a lot of resources into the QB search this past year. So either Nix surround him with a lot of yes man, or they really think they strike gold this time.

2) The Alonso pick. They were debates. I wonder if they were debating between him and Brown. I myself for sure thought they'd go with Brown, more of a Nix'x kind of pick (production throughout high school, college). But I do see the higher ceiling of Alonso, some say a mini Urlacher.

3) The Doodwin pick. Marrone compared him to Tavon. That's bold because there is no comparison between the two from the college career viewpoint. The key is what he said "up to us to bring the best out of him." I guess we have to see. In a way, Marrone can sound arrogant that he believes his staff can really teach these kids and make them players. I like his mindset. I just don't know how successful he can be at the NFL level.

psubills62
05-07-2013, 08:18 AM
NFL coaches have to be arrogant in that way. If you don't believe you can develop or utilize these kids' talents, then you shouldn't be there.

justasportsfan
05-07-2013, 08:23 AM
1. they got the qb they want instead of getting a JP Losman.
2. they say Brown is Nigel Bradham II which could expalin why the opted for Alonso.
3. Goodwin supposedly didn't get much production because instead of football spring practice, he was running track. Hopefully, playing football full time, he turns into Tavon in the NFL. I'm liking Goodwin where we picked him . He's got a high ceiling and I hope he can hold up better than Roscoe. Tavon's size scares me especially for a 1st rd.

THRILLHO
05-07-2013, 08:31 AM
I loved this video. I wish I could be in any team's draft room on that day. I want to know what everyone's job is, how the board gets updated, who is talking to who. Fascinating.

ghz in pittsburgh
05-07-2013, 11:34 AM
I loved this video. I wish I could be in any team's draft room on that day. I want to know what everyone's job is, how the board gets updated, who is talking to who. Fascinating.

Don't hold your breath. This may be coming - not as you going to the war room, but a television pay-per-view event. I heard such discussion before. TV/NFL people want it, team executives are against it. But as you know, when the money rolls in, you don't know what can happen ...

Generalissimus Gibby
05-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Joey Goebbels runs the Bills PR office?

The last buffalo fan
05-07-2013, 12:41 PM
Somebody was ready to take a nap and wasn't Buddy Nix! :ill:

Ed
05-07-2013, 02:50 PM
I just wish you could zoom in and read the draft board when they show it up on the wall. They seem to have a lot of names aligned horizontally in each round, so it would be interesting to see who else they were considering with each pick.

TigerJ
05-09-2013, 06:21 PM
I don't think there's any question, the Bills give themselves an "A" on this draft. Whether it pans out that way remains to be seen, but there is genuine contentment with what they did in the draft. Then again, I think just about every team always thinks they did great in the draft.