PDA

View Full Version : Karlos Dansby signed with Cards

MDFINFAN
05-08-2013, 10:36 AM
I hope he signs with cardinals for obvious reasons...but thought you wanted to know.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/58715/bills-have-competition-for-karlos-dansby

BLeonard
05-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Personally, I couldn't care less whether the Bills sign Dansby or not...

Yeah, he'd be nice to have, but there's a reason that it's the 8th of May and he still doesn't have a job...

If he wants to try and fleece Arizona out of more money, so that he can play 4 games and be a backup or cut when Daryl Washington returns, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it.

-Bill

justasportsfan
05-08-2013, 11:00 AM
I hope he signs with cardinals for obvious reasons...but thought you wanted to know.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/58715/bills-have-competition-for-karlos-dansby

MD Lives!!!

MDFINFAN
05-08-2013, 11:09 AM
MD Lives!!!

Yes Justa, I'm still around, just don't get to post as much...but I'll still pop in from time to time.

Meathead
05-08-2013, 12:07 PM
realistically i think we are looking at a five-ish win season but if we want to root for that longshot season where everything went right and they snuck in a wildcard it would be easier if dansby signed here just so that theres one less thing that has to go right. then when i abandon that fantasy i realize our young lbs probably would be better off just playing a crappy season out anyway so screw dansby

Bill Cody
05-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Nix didn't sound like we'd be signing Dansby on anything other than the terms he offered. And he didn't seem distraught that Dansby didn't accept. Seems to me like we've moved on unless Dansby wants to totally cave.

Night Train
05-08-2013, 01:41 PM
He's a 2 down run stopper with a Pettine D scheme that favors athletic LB's with the ability to run fast and cover ground. So I wonder how he actually fits here ?

Lawson, Hughes, Bradham & Alonzo can all run and be moved around. Mario Williams may be more of an OLB in many schemes. So I'm somewhat perplexed to where he actually fits... but then again, I drink.

ThunderGun
05-08-2013, 01:51 PM
idk...I think if the Bills were interested, they would have signed him by now.

SpikedLemonade
05-08-2013, 02:43 PM
realistically i think we are looking at a five-ish win season but if we want to root for that longshot season where everything went right and they snuck in a wildcard it would be easier if dansby signed here just so that theres one less thing that has to go right. then when i abandon that fantasy i realize our young lbs probably would be better off just playing a crappy season out anyway so screw dansby

If I am saying a two win season and you are saying a five win season, I see a three win season coming.

Bill Cody
05-08-2013, 03:40 PM
If I am saying a two win season and you are saying a five win season, I see a three win season coming.

2 wins? That sounds pretty unlikely

SpikedLemonade
05-08-2013, 04:01 PM

Look at the schedule carefully.

When you look at each opponent, see how they played their last 6 games last year and what they have done this off-season.

We have a brand new coaching staff who other than the DC (who was sheltered by Ryan) has never coached at their new level in the NFL.

There will be growth pains.

better days
05-08-2013, 04:03 PM

With the talent on this team, if Marrone can't Coach them up to 6 WINS at least, he needs to be FIRED & I will be very vocal about that.

SpikedLemonade
05-08-2013, 04:29 PM
With the talent on this team, if Marrone can't Coach them up to 6 WINS at least, he needs to be FIRED & I will be very vocal about that.

A rookie HC NFL Coach whose only HC stint is to get powerhouse Syracuse to 8 wins should be fired if he does not match last year's record?

You are a fool.

better days
05-08-2013, 04:32 PM
A rookie HC NFL Coach whose only HC stint is to get powerhouse Syracuse to 8 wins should be fired if he does not match last year's record?

You are a fool.

So you are saying he is NOT QUALIFIED to be HC of the Bills? If that is the case, he NEEDS to be FIRED. And only a FOOL would keep him in a position he is not qualified for.

SpikedLemonade
05-08-2013, 04:59 PM
So you are saying he is NOT QUALIFIED to be HC of the Bills? If that is the case, he NEEDS to be FIRED. And only a FOOL would keep him in a position he is not qualified for.

I am saying it will take him time to learn how to coach in the NFL.

He will be frustrated this year.

BLeonard
05-08-2013, 05:14 PM

Was Dick Jauron qualified? Was Chan Gailey?

Because, if you believe that the Bills are more talented now than when those two coached, both of those coaches were able to get 6 wins as well...

As for Gailey, the "fools" that hired him are still in the Bills' Front Office currently.

If you feel that Marrone is a better coach than Gailey and Jauron and also has more talent than both did, you should expect him to win MORE than those two did.

-Bill

ParanoidAndroid
05-08-2013, 05:24 PM
He's a 2 down run stopper with a Pettine D scheme that favors athletic LB's with the ability to run fast and cover ground. So I wonder how he actually fits here ?

Lawson, Hughes, Bradham & Alonzo can all run and be moved around. Mario Williams may be more of an OLB in many schemes. So I'm somewhat perplexed to where he actually fits... but then again, I drink.

Mario Williams played some outside linebacker in one 3-4 scheme and he almost exclusively rushed the passer. He is a defensive end through and through whether in a 4-3 or a 3-4.

better days
05-08-2013, 06:16 PM
Was Dick Jauron qualified? Was Chan Gailey?

Because, if you believe that the Bills are more talented now than when those two coached, both of those coaches were able to get 6 wins as well...

As for Gailey, the "fools" that hired him are still in the Bills' Front Office currently.

If you feel that Marrone is a better coach than Gailey and Jauron and also has more talent than both did, you should expect him to win MORE than those two did.

-Bill

EXACTLY. I think the Bills have at least as much talent as Jauron & Gailey had & if he can not at least match their PUTRID records his first year, he needs to be FIRED.

better days
05-08-2013, 06:20 PM
I am saying it will take him time to learn how to coach in the NFL.

He will be frustrated this year.

Well, if he needs time to LEARN, he is NOT qualified. Let him LEARN ELSEWHERE like Belichick did in Cleveland. A lot of good he did the Browns. I want a HC that is ready to be the HC, not someone that is learning on the job that will suck for 3 years only to take the experience he has gained elsewhere & be successful THERE.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-08-2013, 06:48 PM
at an absolute minimum, they need to make a serious run at the playoffs.

they need to be 9--7 and ill be upset with 8-8.

the talent is good on this team, but i cant help but look at the qb. its all about the qb

better days
05-08-2013, 06:55 PM
at an absolute minimum, they need to make a serious run at the playoffs.

they need to be 9--7 and ill be upset with 8-8.

the talent is good on this team, but i cant help but look at the qb. its all about the qb

I am with you, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt & not call for his head if the Bills win at least 6 games next year. Anything less than that is NOT acceptable to me & I will call for his head. LOUDLY.

Patti120
05-08-2013, 07:25 PM
I want whatever you guys are smoking! Wish I could be as optimistic! Hope you guys are right though!

better days
05-08-2013, 08:18 PM
I want whatever you guys are smoking! Wish I could be as optimistic! Hope you guys are right though!

It is a SAD state when SIX games is considered OPTIMISTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT THE DUDE...
05-08-2013, 08:24 PM
I really like moats and white as backups and want them to develop. plus scott is our nickel speed lb and that makes 5 ilb... we are good there

BillsFever21
05-08-2013, 08:49 PM
We're good at every position in your eyes LOL. Just because you have bodies it doesn't mean they are good.

ZAZusmc03
05-08-2013, 11:00 PM
I'm just wondering what this amazing talent people are talking about is. You mean all the rookies that haven't played a single down in the nfl? Riiiigghhht.

swiper
05-09-2013, 05:39 AM
Perhaps the original poster should look at the other thread before he puts up posts like this. It was already there.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-09-2013, 07:34 AM
We're good at every position in your eyes LOL. Just because you have bodies it doesn't mean they are good.

you dont say... i think they are talented, not just backups from western michigan lol

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just wondering what this amazing talent people are talking about is. You mean all the rookies that haven't played a single down in the nfl? Riiiigghhht.

the talent has been upgraded, you can see it on the tape, from pff, etc.

as always, our qb has blown balls...

better days
05-09-2013, 08:24 AM

Has anyone said they expect the Bills to Win the Super Bowl next year with the amazing talent on the team?

I sure haven't & I haven't seen anyone else post that either. However, the only real loss was Levitre, the Bills have added a number of GOOD players this offseason & if Marrone can't lead this team to at least 6 Wins, he needs to be fired.

jwenger
05-09-2013, 09:47 AM
C'mon guys, you can't expect much out of new players and new coaches going against seasoned teams like the Falcons and the Pats
this 1st year. We have a rook for QB and he has a lot to learn and will make mistakes as did Peyton Manning in his 1st year.
I hope we get to draft in the top 5 and get another QB (as much as I like MANUEL) I'd also like to have MANZIEL too.
We'd have M&M QB's. I think we are 1 to 3 years from going big time because when we make improvements so does every other team.

better days
05-09-2013, 11:21 AM
C'mon guys, you can't expect much out of new players and new coaches going against seasoned teams like the Falcons and the Pats
this 1st year. We have a rook for QB and he has a lot to learn and will make mistakes as did Peyton Manning in his 1st year.
I hope we get to draft in the top 5 and get another QB (as much as I like MANUEL) I'd also like to have MANZIEL too.
We'd have M&M QB's. I think we are 1 to 3 years from going big time because when we make improvements so does every other team.

6 wins is far far away from big time.

Bill Cody
05-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Look at the schedule carefully.

When you look at each opponent, see how they played their last 6 games last year and what they have done this off-season.

We have a brand new coaching staff who other than the DC (who was sheltered by Ryan) has never coached at their new level in the NFL.

There will be growth pains.

How we do will depend mostly on how Marrone does and what we get out the QB position. The fact is the bar for both of those jobs is pretty low. Chan Gailey was a nice guy with marginal talent but did you ever get the feeling, even once, that he out coached anyone? How many times did you sit back after a game and say "wow that Fitz was something today". No. I expect Marrone to be better than Gailey IMMEDIATELY. My hope is he's like Jim Harbaugh replacing Mike Singletary. And although I am not a Kolb fan Kolb > Fitz. If Manuel starts that is a wild card. He is green as grass and he will lose some winnable games with mistakes. But even then I think 4-5 wins is realistic. There are a lot of bad teams in the NFL. If you get half decent coaching and QB play it's actually hard to only win 2 games.

ThunderGun
05-10-2013, 10:23 AM
And the Cardinals have signed Dansby, per PFT:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/10/cardinals-sign-karlos-dansby/

No big loss, imo. We seem determined to go young, which I agree with. We aren't superbowl contenders this year, so I'd rather get young guys in her, rather than guys on their last legs. I want guys on their way up, not on their way down.

ServoBillieves
05-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Official on NFL.com as well.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000168455/article/karlos-dansby-arizona-cardinals-strike-oneyear-deal