Doug Marrone addresses season ticket holders ( some transcripts)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Doug Marrone addresses season ticket holders ( some transcripts)

Some transcripts
    Unlike Chan Gailey who teats players as if they are just learning and takes time to learn, Marrone coaches as if they are going to start.

studied qb draft class and even went all the way to 2010 season if he wasn't sure.
    thinks he can still get a lot out of this OL since he himself was an OL payer/coach.
    thinks DL is one of the strongest unit on the team.

Has already started breaking down the AFCE rivals. Will start game planning against those teams as early as June. Needed speed in the perimeter to match up with division teams. Needed players that can cover.

On covering Gronkowski: wants better athletes to cover him.

On Spiller idn't say much about how much more carries he'll give CJ but to calm the qb down,have the qb hand the ball over. Got a lot of speed offensively to spread the D.

really likes Tuel but doesn't know how many qb's they'll keep.

UP tempo: they will use it more often. Philosophy behind it is more possession more chances to score. They do have the ability to huddle though.

played a big role in picking EJ over Nassib. Thought EJ was a better fit for what they do.

Last edited by justasportsfan; 05-09-2013, 10:01 AM.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Doug Marrone addresses season ticket holders ( some transcripts)

wants run multiple looks on offense and defense because he doesn't want teams to dictate to them.

pressure to win now.
    sacrifice1

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

everyone but jauron has said the right things.

it all comes down to how fast he can deliver. i'll give him this next season to field a truly bad team...but hte following year, he has to show real improvement.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post

it all comes down to how fast he can deliver. i'll give him this next season to field a truly bad team...but hte following year, he has to show real improvement.
        Jauron: "It's REALLY HARD to WIN in the NFL"

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

next season? Barring injuries , I expect the team to get better by mid-season.
          sacrifice1

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
            played a big role in picking EJ over Nassib. Thought EJ was a better fit for what they do.
            That says something about Nassib.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
              they can't run the read option with Nassib which tells me that eventually, Kolb will be the back up or gone.
              sacrifice1

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

next season? Barring injuries , I expect the team to get better by mid-season.
                if could see them doing well mid season if he really a great head coach. but i still think this team is just too undertalented at spots where it counts. and where the jets and pats have continuity in their coaching and schemes, we are going to have breakdowns simply because its a new system.

i am worried that cj may not be as good because of line issues.
                I am concerned the LB crew will continue to not be able to get pressure or make tackles or get coverage.

i think the coaching staff at best can maybe mask these deficiencies by schemes, but ultimately, they are going to need some grade one talent in LB and OLB.

And of course a QB will eventually have to emerge and not suck for the first time in 20 years.

i would think if the start of the season looks difficult, it'll just get worse as injuries mount. they aren't deep enough. also, if the season is spiralling out of control sooner than later, they should just go to manuel in a lost season and have him learn on the job. that will help for season 2 to potentially start off strong.

so conservatively, i give him this year to just have a bad team but show a pretty smart scheme. show that he knows how to coach in specific game situations. Then you give him another draft of getting players he wants and coach them up quickly. then in year 2, he should be ready to go to be a team that is turning around quickly.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

if could see them doing well mid season if he really a great head coach. but i still think this team is just too undertalented at spots where it counts. and where the jets and pats have continuity in their coaching and schemes, we are going to have breakdowns simply because its a new system.

i am worried that cj may not be as good because of line issues.
                  I am concerned the LB crew will continue to not be able to get pressure or make tackles or get coverage.

i think the coaching staff at best can maybe mask these deficiencies by schemes, but ultimately, they are going to need some grade one talent in LB and OLB.

And of course a QB will eventually have to emerge and not suck for the first time in 20 years.

i would think if the start of the season looks difficult, it'll just get worse as injuries mount. they aren't deep enough. also, if the season is spiralling out of control sooner than later, they should just go to manuel in a lost season and have him learn on the job. that will help for season 2 to potentially start off strong.

so conservatively, i give him this year to just have a bad team but show a pretty smart scheme. show that he knows how to coach in specific game situations. Then you give him another draft of getting players he wants and coach them up quickly. then in year 2, he should be ready to go to be a team that is turning around quickly.
                  The Bills have by far the BEST RBs in the AFC East. They also have the best WR group except for maybe the Fins.

The only issue on the OL is LG so if that is a problem, run CJ to the right.

I give Marrone this year to have a bad team. A SIX win bad team, nothing worse than that.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

I don't think guard positions determines whether the OL will suck or not. It's actually easiest position to replace so I'm not worried whether CJ can thrive without a probowl lg. Other than Iupati,I don't think the top 5 rushing teams had a probowl guard.
                    Last edited by justasportsfan; 05-09-2013, 01:02 PM.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• Ingtar33
                      Dances With Buffaloes
                      • Sep 2002

actually Marrone sounds a lot like Bill Parcells if you ask me.

That's not saying he's anywhere near as good a football coach, just that he talks a similar game to him.
                      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Lexwhat
                        • Feb 2005

UP tempo: they will use it more often. Philosophy behind it is more possession more chances to score. They do have the ability to huddle though.
                        More possessions and more chances to score? I didn't listen to the interview, but I don't get this...

Does he mean that he prefers shorter, more frequent drives as opposed to longer drives that kill the clock?

With that logic, more Offensive drives means more Defensive drives as well... Unfortunately, our Defense is not that strong or dynamic where we can afford to let our Offense heavily dictate our game plan.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Lexwhat View Post
                          More possessions and more chances to score? I didn't listen to the interview, but I don't get this...

Does he mean that he prefers shorter, more frequent drives as opposed to longer drives that kill the clock?

With that logic, more Offensive drives means more Defensive drives as well... Unfortunately, our Defense is not that strong or dynamic where we can afford to let our Offense heavily dictate our game plan.
                          It means he prefers 30 offensive drives per game vs 15 offensive drives. It may mean times the defense doesn't get much rest, but this will not be the weak sauce defense of last year.

Comment

• Novacane
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post

Also says something about all the suckers in the media who were convinced we were taking Nassib at 8

Comment

• THRILLHO
                              This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by better days View Post
                              Jauron: "It's REALLY HARD to WIN in the NFL"
                              Jauron: "I just wish we had more time." EVERY pre-season.
                              True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

Working...
                              X