X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • muestafa1
    • Apr 2003

Strength and Conditioning might actually be a positive this year

I read this article over at buffalobills.com and it was very encouraging. The Bills have instituted a much more demanding off season workout regimen/competition with a heavy emphasis on cardio training to keep up with hi-tempo football. Lots of team-building going on as well and veterans are participating. I like it.

Last edited by muestafa1; 05-09-2013, 10:23 AM.
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: Strength and Conditioning might actually be a positive this year

An encouraging article from buffalobills.com? I never would have guessed.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by psubills62 View Post
      Ah give him a break. Id rather see articles about more rigid workout regimens than articles about how such and such a player is doing "(insert meaningless activity)" in his off season.

Comment

• muestafa1
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by psubills62 View Post
        LOL... I meant I put it through my BuffaloBills.com optimism filter and I was still encouraged

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

I am actually very impressed with the new regime after reading that. They really are instilling a sense of pride and esprit de corps among the players! This is good.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by NaturalBornSpiller View Post
            Ah give him a break. Id rather see articles about more rigid workout regimens than articles about how such and such a player is doing "(insert meaningless activity)" in his off season.
            He has a point, though.

If the Bills strength and conditioning program was aroma therapy and yoga poses, Chris Brown would be talking about the Bills' revolutionary new approach to getting in shape without actually working out.

That being said, it's good to see them doing something different. At least it's an acknowledgement that what they did in the past obviously didn't work. We'll see if it pays off.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

BB.com posting about Mularkey serving cheeseburgers isn't going to win fan praises.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                I am actually very impressed with the new regime after reading that. They really are instilling a sense of pride and esprit de corps among the players! This is good.
                the best pride/esprit de corps and conditioning i had in one go was my sophmore year of high school. our coach got us so unified we would have run through walls for him. we only won 1 more game then the previous year.
                My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                  Pinkerton's son
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                  the best pride/esprit de corps and conditioning i had in one go was my sophmore year of high school. our coach got us so unified we would have run through walls for him. we only won 1 more game then the previous year.
                  So should they just let the existing culture continue? Because I dont think they should. Whether it helps or not, I commend them for trying to change the attitude.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                    • Nov 2009

Didn't Gailey bring in the best strength and conditioning guys ever? I think I remembered that we were all excited about them..

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Well, without that, you may have gone the season without winning a game.

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

Damn it seems really good.

Of course we don't know if previous regimes ran something similar or if this is an all new high intensity approach to conditioning that hasn't been previously seen at OBD.

I really like what I read though, that's for sure.

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

So should they just let the existing culture continue? Because I dont think they should. Whether it helps or not, I commend them for trying to change the attitude.
                          That's kind of the big question though... Has attitude been a problem? and furthermore if it was did it have to do with conditioning?

To say it another way, do we think this new conditioning program will affect wins and losses?

It could just be a situation where it can't hurt and could easily help.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                            Dances With Buffaloes
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                            Well, without that, you may have gone the season without winning a game.
                            actually, we couldn't get out of our own way for the most part because the coach spent too much time on team building. The next season, his assistant head coach took over, and building on the esprit de corps, he laid the strategic and technical foundation necessary to be a great team. the result is we doubled our win total and made it to the finals.

I'm not saying team building and comradery is a bad thing. only it's not that important if your coach isn't doing his job to get the team to take that unified effort and direct it toward executing on the field.
                            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

It's an improvement!

Comment

Working...
                              X