• Aug 2004

Seventh Rounder Chris Gragg signed

Via v text
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.
  • GvilleBills
    • Mar 2006

Re: Seventh Rounder Chris Gragg signed

Quick draw, well done.
    Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• GvilleBills
      • Mar 2006

I'm actually excited for what this dude can bring to this O. He can be a serious seam buster and get YAC underneath to boot.
      Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Sweet.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

One down.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

Why wasn't he drafted earlier if he such a "seem buster"?

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
              Why wasn't he drafted earlier if he such a "seem buster"?
              Injuries. Plus he looks more of an H-Back type to me, since he's only 6-3. Is very fast for his size. 7th round is zero risk and expectations. You get anything out of him, it's a win.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• The Jokeman
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                Injuries. Plus he looks more of an H-Back type to me, since he's only 6-3. Is very fast for his size. 7th round is zero risk and expectations. You get anything out of him, it's a win.
                Tell that to Stevie Johnson. True not all 7th Rounders can do what Stevie's done but truth be told failing on any draft pick puts the Bills behind the proverbial 8 ball. It's time that ALL of our draft picks should be asked to contribute.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                  Tell that to Stevie Johnson. True not all 7th Rounders can do what Stevie's done but truth be told failing on any draft pick puts the Bills behind the proverbial 8 ball. It's time that ALL of our draft picks should be asked to contribute.
                  Even some first or 2nd rnd picks don't pan out. Look at the rosters of NFL teams how many 7th rnd picks are on them. I think an UDFA has a better chance at making a team than a 7th rnd pick.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                    • Feb 2005

Just a random thought:

I really wish we would have used our 7th round pick on Lawrence Okoye -- the English Olympian... I know the guy had an outside shot of getting drafted in the 7th Round, but San Fran ended up signing him as an UDFA. Time will tell if Okoye will ever turn into an NFL player, but his physical gifts are off the charts.

I mean, we once used a 7th rounder on Michael Jasper, so I really thought the Bills might consider another developmental project (Okoye).

Oh well.

Comment

• Swiper
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                      Tim Euhus (4th round 2004), Derek Fine (4th round 2008), and Shawn Nelson (4th round 2009) have me very uninspired about this pick. Call me crazy.

Comment

• Swiper
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                        One guy pans out and suddenly all 7th rounders contribute? Let's be realistic. That isn't.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

If someone gets a physically bad break, that doesn't mean they can't play. It's more like a border of will power & desire, mixed with a gift of genetics & mind.

SJ had no real competition around him, that doesn't mean he's not great or a huge find. It just means that he found higher ground with many choices drowning. I'd expect a more balanced approach of running & passing targets, which should make him that much better.

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                            Tim Euhus (4th round 2004), Derek Fine (4th round 2008), and Shawn Nelson (4th round 2009) have me very uninspired about this pick. Call me crazy.
                            Euhus and Fine were about the same weight as Gragg, but slow, and there was nothing special about them. Nelson was tall (6'5") but skinny (240#) and had good speed (4.52), but he was a wuss and had migraine problems. I don't know Gragg's fortitude, but at 6'3" and 244# with 4.4 speed, and coming from a major program, he has a much better chance to produce than the other guys.

Comment

• Swiper
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                              Euhus and Fine were about the same weight as Gragg, but slow, and there was nothing special about them. Nelson was tall (6'5") but skinny (240#) and had good speed (4.52), but he was a wuss and had migraine problems. I don't know Gragg's fortitude, but at 6'3" and 244# with 4.4 speed, and coming from a major program, he has a much better chance to produce than the other guys.

Funny the way you describe it you'd think he'd be drafted at a higher level than those three. So there is more to the story. More than just injuries.

I'm not rooting against the guy, just trying to keep things in proper prospective. It's unlikely he turns out to do much. Some here over-react. It flatly unfair to compare him to Stevie Johnson. Many projected Johnson to be better than the 7th spot where he was drafted. And he proved those people correct.
                              Last edited by swiper; 05-10-2013, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X