PDA

View Full Version : Correct me if im wrong?

mixxum
05-15-2013, 12:53 AM
I really am looking forward to this season with only mild Homerism and just a little bit of Kookaid. I really think this season is going to be fun to watch "EVEN IF WE ARE LOSING" I am going to point out a few things that I think are going to make this season fun and also could make this season very very verrrrry frustrating. As frustrating as,,,, well never mind. Lets begin....

There are really low expectations for this team going into this season, most "Expert's" win totals I have seen have put us picking in the top 5 of next years draft. As a matter of fact the over under for Bills now in Vegas is 3.5 wins. By the way it was 4.5 before the draft. Also they were 9-1 odds to win the AFC East prior to the draft and now are 10-1. I have listed a link to a web site that I occasionally bet on 5 to 8 times a year for the NFL and usually spend only about 500 dollars.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/ I am not a high roller or anything like that. The bonus is that if you are a member of this betting website then they provide you with a great interactive FAQ process. You are provided with "rationale" for odds. I asked why the Bills win totals as well as their odds for winning the AFC East had dropped AFTER the draft. It was stated that because it was thought by the Vegas "experts" that E.J. would start the majority of games and not a Veteran QB. With that being said. I would like to point out several games that will be fun to watch even if we are not winning.

First of all, the first game of the year. We are expect to lose. Lose big. Young team. No way that E.J. beats Tommy Bow Tie. Probably right. But, and like my girl friend that is a HUUGGE Butt. We are at home. I really feel like fans will be pumped. We finally have our QB. There is a lot of HOPE for the future. The Ralph will be loud. A beautiful day, almost a playoff like RWS. Would be nice if the D was pumped, aggressive towards toward Tom Brady and even if he beat us, we made him pay. Tom Brady is Tom Brady and throws 2 TD's and wins 17-14, but also throws two int's, and is sacked 5 times, the last sack causes him to miss a series.

Next, the two games against the Jets. OMG, come on. Lets rewind this very same message board back. http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/217400-ITS-TIME-TAKE-GENO-OR-BARKLEY?highlight=geno Kinda funny, read down through and see what people said. The Bills and Jets will be linked as long as these QB's are starters. Imagine the Bills and Jets games. "Well it looks like the Bills should have takin Geno". OMG that would be aweful. I hope the Bills POUND the Jets. Then there is Petine against Ryan. At the very least it is going to be a fun two games. A worst nightmare would be Geno lighting us up and becoming a better QB then E.J., because I honestly feel that the Bills are a better spot for a young QB. So if E.J. and Geno were equal then E.J. would do better. So if he doesn't then I will always be regretful for us not taking Geno. P.S. (I don't think I will feel this way),

Now the Dolphins. Well they also have a young QB that I like actually. Not an Andrew Luck or RGIII, but talented. The Dolphins are trying to be in a win now attitude. I actually respect that. BUT, I think they are trying to polish a Turd. They may finish 8-8, but never greater. I am going to be so hyped to see the Bills have a chance at beating a team that has invested soooo much more then the Bills have. This is just the AFC East. Six games that I can't wait to watch.

We are a young team, a team with holes, doubt and a ton of unanswered questions............................. I really feel good about the bones of this team. I really billieve that we are TRYING to build a team that can win for years to come. With us being a 3.5 win team, I think I am going to take the over on the Vegas odds as the mild homer.

I just place a 500 dollars on the over

Go Bills, Love the Bills,

MDFINFAN
05-15-2013, 01:50 AM
I really am looking forward to this season with only mild Homerism and just a little bit of Kookaid. I really think this season is going to be fun to watch "EVEN IF WE ARE LOSING" I am going to point out a few things that I think are going to make this season fun and also could make this season very very verrrrry frustrating. As frustrating as,,,, well never mind. Lets begin....

There are really low expectations for this team going into this season, most "Expert's" win totals I have seen have put us picking in the top 5 of next years draft. As a matter of fact the over under for Bills now in Vegas is 3.5 wins. By the way it was 4.5 before the draft. Also they were 9-1 odds to win the AFC East prior to the draft and now are 10-1. I have listed a link to a web site that I occasionally bet on 5 to 8 times a year for the NFL and usually spend only about 500 dollars.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/ I am not a high roller or anything like that. The bonus is that if you are a member of this betting website then they provide you with a great interactive FAQ process. You are provided with "rationale" for odds. I asked why the Bills win totals as well as their odds for winning the AFC East had dropped AFTER the draft. It was stated that because it was thought by the Vegas "experts" that E.J. would start the majority of games and not a Veteran QB. With that being said. I would like to point out several games that will be fun to watch even if we are not winning.

First of all, the first game of the year. We are expect to lose. Lose big. Young team. No way that E.J. beats Tommy Bow Tie. Probably right. But, and like my girl friend that is a HUUGGE Butt. We are at home. I really feel like fans will be pumped. We finally have our QB. There is a lot of HOPE for the future. The Ralph will be loud. A beautiful day, almost a playoff like RWS. Would be nice if the D was pumped, aggressive towards toward Tom Brady and even if he beat us, we made him pay. Tom Brady is Tom Brady and throws 2 TD's and wins 17-14, but also throws two int's, and is sacked 5 times, the last sack causes him to miss a series.

Next, the two games against the Jets. OMG, come on. Lets rewind this very same message board back. http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/217400-ITS-TIME-TAKE-GENO-OR-BARKLEY?highlight=geno Kinda funny, read down through and see what people said. The Bills and Jets will be linked as long as these QB's are starters. Imagine the Bills and Jets games. "Well it looks like the Bills should have takin Geno". OMG that would be aweful. I hope the Bills POUND the Jets. Then there is Petine against Ryan. At the very least it is going to be a fun two games. A worst nightmare would be Geno lighting us up and becoming a better QB then E.J., because I honestly feel that the Bills are a better spot for a young QB. So if E.J. and Geno were equal then E.J. would do better. So if he doesn't then I will always be regretful for us not taking Geno. P.S. (I don't think I will feel this way),

Now the Dolphins. Well they also have a young QB that I like actually. Not an Andrew Luck or RGIII, but talented. The Dolphins are trying to be in a win now attitude. I actually respect that. BUT, I think they are trying to polish a Turd. They may finish 8-8, but never greater. I am going to be so hyped to see the Bills have a chance at beating a team that has invested soooo much more then the Bills have. This is just the AFC East. Six games that I can't wait to watch.

We are a young team, a team with holes, doubt and a ton of unanswered questions............................. I really feel good about the bones of this team. I really billieve that we are TRYING to build a team that can win for years to come. With us being a 3.5 win team, I think I am going to take the over on the Vegas odds as the mild homer.

I just place a 500 dollars on the over

Go Bills, Love the Bills,
The dolphins are as young as your team. Or younger , it will awhile for all the new pieces to gel. Division games will always be close. actually you have a chance to upset the pats since they really don 't what to prepare for.

TedMock
05-15-2013, 05:57 AM
You called your girlfriend a "huge butt." Haha

Ok. I know where you were going. It just read funny. There is a lot more youth, speed and athleticism now, and the prospects are exciting. We still have to hope they turn into good football players and collectively form a good team. It's exciting from that standpoint, but we also cant expect miracles. Have to temper expectations through the excitement of possibility.

justasportsfan
05-15-2013, 07:19 AM
What .it will be fun even if we're losing?OP's gonna be pissed

Pinkerton Security
05-15-2013, 08:54 AM
What .it will be fun even if we're losing?OP's gonna be pissed

LOL i was gonna say, be prepared to be corrected.

ublinkwescore
05-15-2013, 09:15 AM
Huge butts are a good thing - if they got a nice shape.

better days
05-15-2013, 09:57 AM
Watching the OTA highlights, I am really getting pumped about this team. I am all on board the Marrone train at this point. Nice to see all the QBs can fling the ball downfield, no more wounded ducks from Fitz.

And Mario seems pumped about playing in the aggressive defense that Pettine has installed.

TigerJ
05-15-2013, 10:27 AM
Of course, the conventional wisdom will be that the Bills will get taken to the woodshed by the Patriots in the first game of the season. Bill Bellichick is a great coach, Marcia Brady is a great QB, the Patriots have had years to develop their craft and team chemistry, yada, yada, yada. It's all true, and Buffalo may well lose big. But. . .one of Bellichicks major strengths as a coach is his ability to prepare for and counter what he knows. Assuming that Buffalo keeps a portion of their offensive and defensive playbooks under wraps during the preseason, Ballichich is going to know less about what the Bills will do in the game than any opponent he has faced in a long, long time. So, if Doug Marrone and his staff can do a great job getting everything installed so the veterans are all comfortable with what they're doing, and getting our promising rookies up to speed with the pro game, the Bills could conceivably surprise everybody and do a whole lot better than anyone expects.

psubills62
05-15-2013, 10:51 AM
Still comes down to coaching for me. We've got pieces to end up right around 0.500, maybe higher if we get some breaks.

ghz in pittsburgh
05-15-2013, 10:53 AM
You are wrong.

Minotaur95
05-15-2013, 11:12 AM
My take is that we took a big swing in the draft at creating a team that will DEVELOP into a winner. I see Manuel and Alonso (and less so Woods) as risky picks that will either yield high rewards (eventually) or be a huge waste of high draft picks.

IMO, it may have been time to take a big swing, though. Probably not what I would have done in the draft, but a reasonable approach with a new coach to develop the kids.

Just remember, last August the experts said that Buffalo's D should be improved enough to make them a threat for the playoffs.

Color me optimistic that we'll get the "over" on wins this year, and cautiously optimistic for 2014 and beyond...

RedEyE
05-15-2013, 11:25 AM
I'd much rather go 3-10 with this year's team than 6-10 with last year's team. There is just more hope and a higher ceiling for improvement today then there was this time last year.

sukie
05-15-2013, 01:30 PM
I'd much rather go 3-10 with this year's team than 6-10 with last year's team. There is just more hope and a higher ceiling for improvement today then there was this time last year.

Clowneyball!!!!!!!!!!