• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Bruins comeback

I know it's a Sabres board and most of you hate the Bruins, but seriously not one person talking about Mondays comeback?

Granted its the leafs and the Bruins should've wrapped the series up in 5, but if you're the slightest hockey fan you have to acknowledge what they did. Down 4-1, two goals with the goalie pulled in 40 seconds with only :50 remaining, it was a sports milestone.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

Re: Bruins comeback

I just thank god I'm not a Leafs fan.

Comment

• gebobs
      One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by The King View Post
      I know it's a Sabres board and most of you hate the Bruins, but seriously not one person talking about Mondays comeback?

Granted its the leafs and the Bruins should've wrapped the series up in 5, but if you're the slightest hockey fan you have to acknowledge what they did. Down 4-1, two goals with the goalie pulled in 40 seconds with only :50 remaining, it was a sports milestone.
      Since there's no general NHL forum, this is the right place. That was sick.

Here's one Leafs fan's perspective.

See the video from Maple Leaf Square. It's pathetic. I truly feel sorry for Leafs fans. In some ways, it's worse than not making the playoffs.

Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

I have no sympathy for the Leafs or fans, eh. As per talking about the Bruins here, are they going the whole way this year?

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
          Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
          • Nov 2012

2:50 mark

Comment

• The King
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
            I have no sympathy for the Leafs or fans, eh. As per talking about the Bruins here, are they going the whole way this year?
            I give them a 30% chance of getting past the Rangers
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• sukie
              Seriously?
              • Sep 2012

Is this the hockey equivalent of the Music City Miracle without the controversy? (I meanthe way Leaf fans feel right now?)

Comment

• The King
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                Is this the hockey equivalent of the Music City Miracle without the controversy? (I meanthe way Leaf fans feel right now?)
                I think you can argue its worse.

It's the equivalent of throwing a pick six with one minute left, then bobbling the snap on a QB kneel and having the opponent score again in under 40 seconds.
                It was all

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                  • Sep 2012

I think you can argue its worse.

It's the equivalent of throwing a pick six with one minute left, then bobbling the snap on a QB kneel and having the opponent score again in under 40 seconds.
                  No, you need to add the element that a) the losing team has sucked for decades and B) they came back from the brink of elimination only to choke in the worst way imaginable. The only example I can think of that's close is this:

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

I'm feeling the exact same way.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

bruins have the momentum. rangers survived an onslaught of shots in the first period in game seven and scored a weak goal. they continue to be unimpressive for the amount of talent they have amassed. I give the bruins the advantage to win this series going into it.

as for the bruins winning, when is this boston streak going to end. ****ing lucky every twist and turn for the last 13 years.

Comment

• gebobs
                        One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                        bruins have the momentum. rangers survived an onslaught of shots in the first period in game seven and scored a weak goal. they continue to be unimpressive for the amount of talent they have amassed. I give the bruins the advantage to win this series going into it.

as for the bruins winning, when is this boston streak going to end. ****ing lucky every twist and turn for the last 13 years.
                        I agree. The Rangers beat the Caps who are known playoff patsies. The Bruins are a team made for the playoffs. More than any other sport, hockey playoffs, and the NHL in particular, are a breed unto their own. The Bruins will pound the Rangers into submission.
                        Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                          • Aug 2002

I'd put that number more like 80 to 90%. You are just practicing reverse psychology.

Comment

• The King
                            • Jun 2004

I haven't missed a Bruins game in years. I know what this team has and what it lacks. We have no goal scorers, we can't move the puck in the offensive zone and we suck against Lundqvist.

We're a better team than Toronto but that's about as far as I see them going this post season.
                            It was all

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post

David Tyree? Asante Samuel? Bernard Pollard's reign of terror? Boston's luck has evened out a lot, really.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

Working...
                              X