PDA

View Full Version : name your wr depth chart...

NOT THE DUDE...
05-15-2013, 04:18 PM
this is probably the most interesting camp battle this year. outside stevie it's wide open... stevie, tj graham( has been tearing it up in mini-camp), woods, Goodwin, rogers, smith

The last buffalo fan
05-15-2013, 04:29 PM
Is this fantasy league, Canadian league, Mexican league or any league?

NOT THE DUDE...
05-15-2013, 04:33 PM
Is this fantasy league, Canadian league, Mexican league or any league?YO MAMA LEAGUE BIOTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Generalissimus Gibby
05-15-2013, 04:34 PM
this is probably the most interesting camp battle this year. outside stevie it's wide open... stevie, tj graham( has been tearing it up in mini-camp), woods, Goodwin, rogers, smith

Smith as in Brad Smith? Sorry, but there is no way in Hell he is here when the season starts.

trapezeus
05-15-2013, 04:34 PM
you should be prepared to not be wowed by this WR corp. lots of young guys. and even top guys need a year or two to simply get it. the guy you like rogers, has the added benefit of trying to make football his priority on top of learning a new complex system.

i am hoping to just get promise out of these guys this year. i would not expect to see production much different than we saw this year. it still remains about QB's getting the ball to the WR. and we don't have a stand out QB yet. and we won't know that for awhile.

SquishDaFish
05-15-2013, 04:35 PM
Stevie
Woods
Graham
Rogers
Easley
Goodwin

NOT THE DUDE...
05-15-2013, 04:38 PM
Smith as in Brad Smith? Sorry, but there is no way in Hell he is here when the season starts. if tuel/Jackson are inactive, you need an emergency qb/slash role guy....

NOT THE DUDE...
05-15-2013, 04:40 PM
you should be prepared to not be wowed by this WR corp. lots of young guys. and even top guys need a year or two to simply get it. the guy you like rogers, has the added benefit of trying to make football his priority on top of learning a new complex system.

i am hoping to just get promise out of these guys this year. i would not expect to see production much different than we saw this year. it still remains about QB's getting the ball to the WR. and we don't have a stand out QB yet. and we won't know that for awhile. if ej is really good, I expect graham to explode.... amazing acceleration, quickness and natural wr skills. if we had a great qb last year, he would have been way better with production

- - - Updated - - -

I think graham will break out like garcon

trapezeus
05-15-2013, 04:42 PM
don't disagree about graham last year. i just don't think EJ is seeing the field this year based on someone else's post that hacket would prefer a young QB to sit. and based on them changing his mechanics, i would rather he focus on that and get that to be second nature. otherwise there will be a lot of moving pieces and chances for a lot of mistakes early that coudl get to a young QB.

my preference is that tjax win the competition because i just have no faith that kolb can last a season. and if he's going to get hurt early and force EJ in, then he's of no value to us. tjax can go 2-14 just as easily as kolb but at least he plays all 16 games and lets 2014 be the year of EJ.

ServoBillieves
05-15-2013, 04:49 PM
Stevie
Woods
Graham
Goodwin
Kaufman
Easley

NOT THE DUDE...
05-15-2013, 04:52 PM
don't disagree about graham last year. i just don't think EJ is seeing the field this year based on someone else's post that hacket would prefer a young QB to sit. and based on them changing his mechanics, i would rather he focus on that and get that to be second nature. otherwise there will be a lot of moving pieces and chances for a lot of mistakes early that coudl get to a young QB.

my preference is that tjax win the competition because i just have no faith that kolb can last a season. and if he's going to get hurt early and force EJ in, then he's of no value to us. tjax can go 2-14 just as easily as kolb but at least he plays all 16 games and lets 2014 be the year of EJ.

just because kolb is injury prone is not a reason to keep him out... I think ej will win the job, but kolb is way better than tavaris dude... depending on the d, kolb can take you pretty far if he can put it together...

- - - Updated - - -

Stevie
Woods
Graham
Goodwin
Kaufman
Easley

no darick? no way bro

Generalissimus Gibby
05-15-2013, 05:06 PM
if tuel/Jackson are inactive, you need an emergency qb/slash role guy....

There are better emergency third stringers. Smith is gone. Tuel gets either practice squad --assuming Jackson and Kolb stay -- or third string if we axe Jackson or trade him elsewhere. Smith is to the Bills what you are to the Zone.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-15-2013, 05:11 PM
There are better emergency third stringers. Smith is gone. Tuel gets either practice squad --assuming Jackson and Kolb stay -- or third string if we axe Jackson or trade him elsewhere. Smith is to the Bills what you are to the Zone. but who is the active emergency qb if smith is gone?

- - - Updated - - -

There are better emergency third stringers. Smith is gone. Tuel gets either practice squad --assuming Jackson and Kolb stay -- or third string if we axe Jackson or trade him elsewhere.
Smith is to the Bills what you are to the Zone. thanks! :)

Meathead
05-15-2013, 05:18 PM
hard to tell for sure but i really think maybe duh'rick has learned his lesson. he has the chance to be rich and have an endless supply of hot white women just waiting for his booty call. of course he could also end up the next titus young but the difference seems to be hes really saying all the right things and seems to have his head totally in the right place. i think he will make it

sj, woods, tj, rogers, goodwin, kaufman http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-prn1/27519_124671934240601_4145_q.jpg

BillsFever21
05-15-2013, 06:31 PM
but who is the active emergency qb if smith is gone?

- - - Updated - - -

thanks! :)

If we got to that point in the game where we had to bring in an emergency QB like Smith then we're probably already screwed when it comes to winning that game. Even if it was close at that point it's not like Smith is going to lead us to a victory. Unless they see value in him for getting a lot of reps at WR and ST's then there is no reason to keep a 4 million dollar a year player who never sees the ball just in case you need an emergency QB during the game.

How many teams carry a player that gives you little production anywhere else just in the event that you may need an emergency QB for the game? That's what I thought. If it came down to that point then we're already screwed. We can throw somebody out there just to go in there and hand the ball off and maybe an occasional pass if need be. It's not like Smith can actually play QB at even a below average level. We're screwed either way if it came down to that point. He's not worth the 4 million a year or even the roster spot at WR if that roster spot could go to a younger guy with some upside and promise.

coastal
05-15-2013, 06:34 PM
SJ

Training camp and preseason.

X-Era
05-15-2013, 06:39 PM
WR1) Stevie, Da'Rick, Easley (if they keep 6)
WR2) Woods, Graham, Goodwin

Slot) Graham, Goodwin

Yasgur's Farm
05-15-2013, 06:42 PM
I dunno the depth chart outside of SJ13. It's clear that Woods and Goodwin will make the final roster as well... What's not clear is where the end up on the depth chart.

The bubble guys remain Smith, Easley, Graham, Rogers, Kaufman. At this point, barring injuries and/or incidents, I'd say Graham and Rogers make the squad for sure... Smith and Easley have an equal opportunity at #6, and Kaufman hopefully makes it to the PC.

BUT... If Kaufman has an extraordinary offseason and TC... He's in. That will be tough for him though considering the fact he's committed to finishing his studies (at least for this spring).

NOT THE DUDE...
05-15-2013, 06:57 PM
If we got to that point in the game where we had to bring in an emergency QB like Smith then we're probably already screwed when it comes to winning that game. Even if it was close at that point it's not like Smith is going to lead us to a victory. Unless they see value in him for getting a lot of reps at WR and ST's then there is no reason to keep a 4 million dollar a year player who never sees the ball just in case you need an emergency QB during the game.

How many teams carry a player that gives you little production anywhere else just in the event that you may need an emergency QB for the game? That's what I thought. If it came down to that point then we're already screwed. We can throw somebody out there just to go in there and hand the ball off and maybe an occasional pass if need be. It's not like Smith can actually play QB at even a below average level. We're screwed either way if it came down to that point. He's not worth the 4 million a year or even the roster spot at WR if that roster spot could go to a younger guy with some upside and promise.

well if we keep Easley or kaufman instead of smith, then tuel/Jackson should be active on gameday.

Night Train
05-15-2013, 08:09 PM
Is this fantasy league, Canadian league, Mexican league or any league?

SJ, Woods, Goodwin, Rogers, Gretzky & Gonzales

The last buffalo fan
05-15-2013, 08:29 PM
SJ, Woods, Goodwin, Rogers, Gretzky & Gonzales

:down: Hernandez es el mejor!

BillsFever21
05-15-2013, 08:38 PM
well if we keep Easley or kaufman instead of smith, then tuel/Jackson should be active on gameday.

How often does a team end up playing their 3rd string QB in a game due to injuries? Sit back and try to think about it. You may be thinking a while.

Most teams only carry two QB's on their roster for a reason. The odds of both QB's going down are pretty slim and if that does happen then most likely the game is a lost cause to begin with. Even if you did have Smith as an emergency QB you are still screwed. How well do you think he is going to play?

You don't carry a guy on the roster making 4 million a year just in case you need an emergency QB. If he doesn't have anything else to bring to the table to warrant a roster spot at WR then he needs to go.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-15-2013, 08:44 PM
How often does a team end up playing their 3rd string QB in a game due to injuries? Sit back and try to think about it. You may be thinking a while.

Most teams only carry two QB's on their roster for a reason. The odds of both QB's going down are pretty slim and if that does happen then most likely the game is a lost cause to begin with. Even if you did have Smith as an emergency QB you are still screwed. How well do you think he is going to play?

You don't carry a guy on the roster making 4 million a year just in case you need an emergency QB. If he doesn't have anything else to bring to the table to warrant a roster spot at WR then he needs to go.

didn't 3/4 of nfl teams keep 3 qbs? im not sure how many are active though with the 46 gameday roster

NOT THE DUDE...
05-15-2013, 08:46 PM

do you think Easley can be a good wr? better than brad smith? im cool with cutting smith and keeping Easley too, but we differ on qb. id keep a 3rd qb active on gameday like tuel...jmo

BillsFever21
05-15-2013, 09:02 PM
didn't 3/4 of nfl teams keep 3 qbs? im not sure how many are active though with the 46 gameday roster

I'm talking about active QB's for the game.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-15-2013, 09:15 PM
I'm talking about active QB's for the game.

the bears did in the nfc championship game... oh well, who cares

BillsFever21
05-15-2013, 10:24 PM
the bears did in the nfc championship game... oh well, who cares

A championship game is much different then a regular season game. It may even be warranted if you have one of your QB's that's already injured or will only play in an emergency basis. If that's the case then it greatly increases the odds you will need to go with your #2. Or if he is only playing in the event of an emergency you're going to want to carry a 3rd QB anyway since the odds are he's not very healthy or you don't really want to play him in the first place due to an injury.

If you're going to need three QB's then keep them active on gameday. Unless they feel Smith offers something at the WR position to warrant his salary and a spot on the team then him and the entire "emergency QB" thing shouldn't even be a factor in the decision.

If it got to the point where we needed him to play we're either already getting blown out or we'll be screwed once he actually enters the game to play QB anyway. If you're worried about needing a 3rd QB during the game then activate one for the game and don't expect somebody like Brad Smith to fill that role.

At 4 million dollars a year they will need to see that he has some use at the WR position because we have much better options at KR at this point in time and he can't play QB unless you have no other choice. Being that it's his last year and our WR corp is so young they may keep him around just for that reason alone. I'm fine with that if it's not keeping a younger WR off the roster that actually has some potential.

You love Rodgers so much. If it came down to keeping Brad Smith to be our WR/Emergency QB or keeping Da'Rick Rodgers which one do you want to keep? I think I know what your answer to that question would be.

NOT THE DUDE...
05-15-2013, 10:43 PM
A championship game is much different then a regular season game. It may even be warranted if you have one of your QB's that's already injured or will only play in an emergency basis. If that's the case then it greatly increases the odds you will need to go with your #2. Or if he is only playing in the event of an emergency you're going to want to carry a 3rd QB anyway since the odds are he's not very healthy or you don't really want to play him in the first place due to an injury.

If you're going to need three QB's then keep them active on gameday. Unless they feel Smith offers something at the WR position to warrant his salary and a spot on the team then him and the entire "emergency QB" thing shouldn't even be a factor in the decision.

If it got to the point where we needed him to play we're either already getting blown out or we'll be screwed once he actually enters the game to play QB anyway. If you're worried about needing a 3rd QB during the game then activate one for the game and don't expect somebody like Brad Smith to fill that role.

At 4 million dollars a year they will need to see that he has some use at the WR position because we have much better options at KR at this point in time and he can't play QB unless you have no other choice. Being that it's his last year and our WR corp is so young they may keep him around just for that reason alone. I'm fine with that if it's not keeping a younger WR off the roster that actually has some potential.

You love Rodgers so much. If it came down to keeping Brad Smith to be our WR/Emergency QB or keeping Da'Rick Rodgers which one do you want to keep? I think I know what your answer to that question would be.

id for sure keep darick... my chart is stevie, tj, woods, Goodwin, darick, smith.... with tuel being inactive on gameday or active if we keep Easley instead of smith

Dr. Lecter
05-15-2013, 10:52 PM
Darick
Darick
Darick
Darick
Darick
Darick
Stevie

BillsFever21
05-15-2013, 10:54 PM
id for sure keep darick... my chart is stevie, tj, woods, Goodwin, darick, smith.... with tuel being inactive on gameday or active if we keep Easley instead of smith

Easley better really show something in camp to make the team again this year. It's been three years and he hasn't been able to make it past the preseason. Marrone and his staff doesn't have anything invested in him and he's just another player trying to earn a roster spot this year.

Meathead
05-16-2013, 12:54 AM
If Kaufman has an extraordinary offseason and TC... He's in. That will be tough for him though considering the fact he's committed to finishing his studies (at least for this spring).

i havent heard much about this. why would finishing his studies have a negative effect on his chances of making the team? obviously it would take some of his free time to get both done but unless im missing something he should be able to do both if he wants

i hope he can bc im rooting for our first pigmentally challenged wr since don beebe

Yasgur's Farm
05-16-2013, 06:25 AM
i havent heard much about this. why would finishing his studies have a negative effect on his chances of making the team? obviously it would take some of his free time to get both done but unless im missing something he should be able to do both if he wants

i hope he can bc im rooting for our first pigmentally challenged wr since don beebe
For example... He missed this weeks OTA because he needed to go back to school... That's lost opportunity for him to make an impact.

Also... Didn't Byrd miss some TC because of an NFL rule where he couldn't participate until something was complete?

stuckincincy
05-16-2013, 07:14 AM
For example... He missed this weeks OTA because he needed to go back to school... That's lost opportunity for him to make an impact.

Also... Didn't Byrd miss some TC because of an NFL rule where he couldn't participate until something was complete?

Rookies can't work for a team until their college class officially graduates.

trapezeus
05-16-2013, 07:58 AM
just because kolb is injury prone is not a reason to keep him out... I think ej will win the job, but kolb is way better than tavaris dude... depending on the d, kolb can take you pretty far if he can put it together...

- - - Updated - - -

no darick? no way bro

clearly not a reason to not play him, but a good reason not to sign him at all.

Meathead
05-16-2013, 08:16 AM
just bc kolb has been often injured doesnt mean that will continue. fred taylor was viewed as permanently fragile until, well, he wasnt, and then went on to be one of the best and most reliable backs in the league for a long time. who knows what will happen but the best thing for the bills is for them to have the problem of two or more qbs they know can play

and fwiw i think buddy has done an excellent job on the qb situation over the last couple seasons. fitz was playing at a probowl level when they extended him at a reasonable price for his performance to date, no way to predict hed pull a jauron/stafford as soon as the ink was dry. he went out and got a guy he knows can play at a reliable level in jackson as insurance, which they didnt end up using last year but they had the policy in case they did and they are still benefitting from that in case he either wins one of the two available jobs or is needed in case of injury. they got an even better policy in kolb who still could emerge as a star they can trade for value or at least keep as a terrific backup on a very team friendly contract. and of course got their guy despite trading down and getting two more draftees in the process. A+ as far as im concerned

Bill Cody
05-16-2013, 01:27 PM
if tuel/Jackson are inactive, you need an emergency qb/slash role guy....

no we don't

and no we won't

Bill Cody
05-16-2013, 01:29 PM
tj graham( has been tearing it up in mini-camp)

Trent Edwards was all world in mini camp, jus sayin

Bill Cody
05-16-2013, 01:33 PM
just bc kolb has been often injured doesnt mean that will continue. fred taylor was viewed as permanently fragile until, well, he wasnt, and then went on to be one of the best and most reliable backs in the league for a long time. who knows what will happen but the best thing for the bills is for them to have the problem of two or more qbs they know can play

and fwiw i think buddy has done an excellent job on the qb situation over the last couple seasons. fitz was playing at a probowl level when they extended him at a reasonable price for his performance to date, no way to predict hed pull a jauron/stafford as soon as the ink was dry. he went out and got a guy he knows can play at a reliable level in jackson as insurance, which they didnt end up using last year but they had the policy in case they did and they are still benefitting from that in case he either wins one of the two available jobs or is needed in case of injury. they got an even better policy in kolb who still could emerge as a star they can trade for value or at least keep as a terrific backup on a very team friendly contract. and of course got their guy despite trading down and getting two more draftees in the process. A+ as far as im concerned

I needed some teachers that graded this easy

BillsFever21
05-16-2013, 05:33 PM

Kolb being a star with the possibility of trading for value? :roflmao:

He has been in the league for about 6 years now and hasn't done anything. I guess he may be another Rich Gannon though.

Yasgur's Farm
05-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Rookies can't work for a team until their college class officially graduates.I'm very sure that's not true... Juniors and even Soph's are drafted all the time... Does that mean they can't actually play for a year or two? Makes zero sense.

BillsFever21
05-16-2013, 07:00 PM
I'm very sure that's not true... Juniors and even Soph's are drafted all the time... Does that mean they can't actually play for a year or two? Makes zero sense.

If you come out after your junior season then you are withdrawing your college eligibility and you don't have to follow the school rules since you are no longer a student. If you come out as a senior and getting your degree then you have to follow the school rules until their semester is over with.

Yasgur's Farm
05-16-2013, 07:10 PM
I can see that... But the fact is it's not an NFL rule... It's a choice. And my original post on the subject was the fact that Kaufman chooses to pursue his education... Thus limiting his opportunities with the Bills.

GingerP
05-16-2013, 08:35 PM
I can see that... But the fact is it's not an NFL rule... It's a choice. And my original post on the subject was the fact that Kaufman chooses to pursue his education... Thus limiting his opportunities with the Bills.

It is an NFL rule, and it effects Juniors as well. The rule prohibits rookies from leaving school to join their team for OTAs until the current senior class graduates.

Several Bills are effected:

- Manuel is OK because FSU graduated last Sunday
- Robert Woods can't practice until after USC's graduation this Sunday
- Oregon's graduation isn't until June 17, but Alonso is exempted from the rule because he graduated early
- Goodwin can't practice until after this Sunday
- Kaufman is out until June 15

Also, a few of the other undrafted rookies are out until this Sunday.

TigerJ
05-16-2013, 08:51 PM

i am hoping to just get promise out of these guys this year. i would not expect to see production much different than we saw this year. it still remains about QB's getting the ball to the WR. and we don't have a stand out QB yet. and we won't know that for awhile.You're right. WR is one of the tougher positions in which to try and come in and make a splash right away. One receiver who has a chance to do that is Robert Woods, who combines above average speed with polish and route running ability far beyond his youth (21 years old). I'm not saying he'll have a great rookie year, but he has a better chance of it than Marquise Goodwin and Da'Rick Rogers.

Still, it should be interesting watching all these young kids develop. At least it looks as if these guys have some talent to develop.

Beebe
05-16-2013, 11:41 PM
Stevie
Woods
Graham
Goodwin
Kaufman
Darick

Fixxxer
05-17-2013, 06:31 AM
SJ lock
Woods lock
Goodwin lock
Graham lock

Then it begins the battle for who knows how many roster spots, I would say two because the HC is an offense guy:

My bets are
Brad Smith (wish it was Easley)
"El"rick Rogers

Kauffman to PS

Yasgur's Farm
05-17-2013, 06:32 AM
It is an NFL rule, and it effects Juniors as well. The rule prohibits rookies from leaving school to join their team for OTAs until the current senior class graduates.

Several Bills are effected:

- Manuel is OK because FSU graduated last Sunday
- Robert Woods can't practice until after USC's graduation this Sunday
- Oregon's graduation isn't until June 17, but Alonso is exempted from the rule because he graduated early
- Goodwin can't practice until after this Sunday
- Kaufman is out until June 15

Also, a few of the other undrafted rookies are out until this Sunday.Now that makes sense of it all... Thanks for taking the time to clear it up for me.
Here's a link to back up your post...
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2013/5/15/4329480/buffalo-bills-rookies-ota-attendance

Saratoga Slim
05-17-2013, 08:11 AM
hard to tell for sure but i really think maybe duh'rick has learned his lesson. he has the chance to be rich and have an endless supply of hot white women just waiting for his booty call. of course he could also end up the next titus young but the difference seems to be hes really saying all the right things and seems to have his head totally in the right place. i think he will make it

sj, woods, tj, rogers, goodwin, kaufman http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-prn1/27519_124671934240601_4145_q.jpg

Duh'Rick. That's classic. Here's hoping it's no longer accurate. No telling for sure, but I think the best thing he has going for him is the fact he's on a rookie minimum contract (or something close to it). He knows he has to walk the tight and narrow if he's ever going to get paid. Whereas if he was making a couple million a year already it might be easier to get distracted.

streetkings01
05-17-2013, 10:05 AM
Stevie
Woods
Graham
Goodwin
Rogers
B. Smith

IlluminatusUIUC
05-17-2013, 10:59 AM
fred taylor was viewed as permanently fragile until, well, he wasnt, and then went on to be one of the best and most reliable backs in the league for a long time.

What? Fred Taylor completed only 2 16 game seasons in all the years he played.

who knows what will happen but the best thing for the bills is for them to have the problem of two or more qbs they know can play

Why do people talk about Kevin Kolb like he's a excellent QB who's just been held back by injuries? I mean, his career QB rating is only slightly better than Fitz' for a reason: He's erratic even when he's healthy.

Oaf
05-17-2013, 11:10 AM
in order: SJ, Woods, Smith, Graham, Goodwin

cut: Easley, Rogers
PS: Kaufman

Some of the faith you guys put in Rogers to be a opening day #4, and Easley to make the roster, is astounding.

IlluminatusUIUC
05-17-2013, 11:34 AM
I actually have more faith in Rogers developing that Goodwin, tbqh.

I think it will be

SJ
Woods
Graham
Rogers
Goodwin
Kaufman

Cut: Easley, Smith

Thief
05-17-2013, 11:53 AM
I actually have more faith in Rogers developing that Goodwin, tbqh.

I think it will be

SJ
Woods
Graham
Rogers
Goodwin
Kaufman

Cut: Easley, SmithI would agree with this except I think it is Easley instead of Kaufman only because Kaufman is eligible for the practice squad.

But, the chances for all of them to come out of camp healthy aren't exactly 100%, so the injury bug will probably decide for them.

Thief
05-17-2013, 11:55 AM
The Bills will have two active QBs, and assuming they cut Smith, Fred Jackson will likely be our emergency QB. But seriously, how often is an emergency QB needed?

SABURZFAN
05-19-2013, 12:32 PM
i just hope that our WR corp is good enough to get Easley cut for good. i don't get the Easley love. he hasn't done squat.